Viewing 40 posts - 2,041 through 2,080 (of 2,820 total)
  • Dominic Cummings !
  • greentricky
    Free Member

Former Chief Prosectutor is going after him:
    https://twitter.com/nazirafzal/status/1272228792057180164

Moe

I finally got a reply from Matt Hancock (or staff of)! …. no answers but an individual reply!

I mailed to voice my views on Cummings but then also added a question regarding his actions at the time of the Forestry sell off that I had asked him at the time (how long ago?!) and a couple of times since, with no answer each time other than the standard copy/party line.

When they sent a reply to the original Cummings issue it was not attached to my e-mail (due I guess to them harvesting the addresses and bunging out the blurb!), so I replied again stating I knew that was all flannel and what about the other question (without asking ‘the question’).

The Reply this time was on subject (so therefore had made the effort to look back and read), bigging up all they have done for the Forestry but still have not answered ‘the question’.

My response to the Cummings reply:

Dear Matt (or whoever is reading or scanning!).

If you really think a non reply is going to continue to appease your constituents who you supposedly represent is going to cut it, I’m afraid you will be disappointed! You have obviously not read my original e-mail, just classified it and replied back with a covering e-mail!

If you really feel you can honestly stand behind the likes of Mr Cummings and Mr Johnson, I believe you to be a fool!

In my e-mail I asked another question (the same one I have asked you a number of times), to which you have never replied.

Regards,

The Reply:

Dear Martin,

Thank you for your email. I want to assure you that I carefully consider the views of all of my constituents when voting, and I join you and many others in recognising our woods and forests as invaluable national assets. I believe the Government has acted over recent years to preserve and extend British woodland and to support forestry.

One significant action was the introduction in 2015 of Countryside Stewardship, which included a new Woodland Creation Grant Scheme. This has funded farmers, land managers and foresters to create new woodland, while protecting existing woodland and restoring tree health.

Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE) schemes, as well as the Woodland Carbon Fund (WCF), offer further support to plant large-scale productive woodland and to do so in an environmentally beneficial way.

I am also pleased that, alongside the Forestry Commission, Defra has launched a £50million Woodland Carbon Guarantee to help boost tree-planting rates in the fight against climate change.

The Agriculture Bill will build on this approach. For example, it will empower the Secretary of State to fund measures that improve and protect the health of plants and reduce the risk of pests and disease that could negatively affect forestry. Powers are also being devolved to the Welsh Government, providing greater spending leverage for supporting local forestry.

More generally, between 2010 and 2015 we provided £7.5 million to establish 12 Nature Improvement Areas, created 150,000 acres of priority habitats and planted over 11 million trees, with a further 11 million permanent trees due to be planted.

The Government also has ambitious plans to create a new Northern Forest along the M62 corridor with the aim to plant over 50 million trees over the next 25 years, as well as plans to create a new forest project in Northumberland to help improve our natural environment and respond to climate change.

I’m really glad that since 2010 we’ve been able to do all this for forestry.

Thank you again for taking the time to write to me.

Regards,

Matt

I have replied again …..

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

“The greatest threat we face now is not the virus itself – it’s the lack of global solidarity and global leadership.”

Moe

Second reply:

Dear Matt,

Thank you for your reply and although all you claim to have achieved with this government is all very laudable, you still have failed to answer the question I put to you originally and a couple of times since.

How many letters/representations voicing against the Forestry Estate sell off did you receive and how many letters/representations voicing support for the sell off of the Forestry Estate did you receive?

Apologies but cynically perhaps your words ‘I want to assure you that I carefully consider the views of all of my constituents when voting,’ I cannot help thinking that’s a polite (?) way of saying that although you consider their views if they don’t fit your agenda, you will ignore them and vote regardless of the views and wishes of your constituents!

Actually thinking about this, I’d like to know the answer to this in terms of how many from your constituency and the numbers in total from all geographical areas of the country.

Regards,

matt_outandabout

singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/dominic-cummings/page/52/#post-11250536

That’s a good statement.

eskay

Didn’t note who it was, but someone on BBC Breakfast news mentioning how poorly the government dealt with the Cummings situation and what a bad message it sent out.

Good to see it hasn’t been forgotten.

Riksbar

So let me get this straight, an unelected bureaucrat has decided to do this:
    I’ll take an axe to planning laws, says Dominic Cummings

I’m sure it has no connection to this:
    Dominic Cummings’ lockdown cottage breached planning rules

cheburashka
    Free Member

Anyone still yet to receive a reply from their MP responding to disgust/outrage/questions about Cummings? I got an email from an assistant asking for my address two weeks after writing to my MP Chris Clarkson. I’m still waiting.

dannyh
    Free Member

Just for a blissful few seconds, when I saw this thread back near the top, I thought Cumstains might have driven past a book depository or similar in a convertible.

Is disappoint.

MoreCashThanDash

Interesting conversation with my Tory voting parents this morning.

My mum is still adamant that Brexit is the best thing ever, and the government is doing it’s best with the virus – media propaganda to suggest anything else or present facts to the contrary. Boris is getting it done. But she’s terrified of whatever Cummings is up to in the background.

My dad can now see the downsides of Brexit, thinks Boris is an incompetent idiot and the governments handling of the crisis has been a disaster. And he’s terrified of Cummings in the background.

At last, something we all agree on again!

amodicumofgnar

So let me get this straight, an unelected bureaucrat has decided to do this:
    I’ll take an axe to planning laws, says Dominic Cummings

Looks like dangerous times ahead with the Cock-Up King. Unfortunately with massive funding shortfalls from covid across the charity sector I can’t see how they are going to have the resources to respond to what ever hair-brained scheme he comes up with next. Although I am assuming that some form of consultation on change will happen – which seems to be going against the form book. What was that about being freed of unelected unaccountable people.

scuttler

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/08/dominic-cummings-to-tour-sensitive-mod-sites-amid-defence-review

SAS, SBS, Porton Down.

Soooooo many opportunities. And a threat:

“On Tuesday, the Conservative backbencher Mark Francois warned the head of the armed forces that Cummings would “sort you out”, after a lengthy complaint about the MoD’s procurement processes.
    Speaking at the defence select committee, the influential Brexiter told Gen Sir Nick Carter, the chief of the defence staff: “Can we just make a plea to you. You are the professional head of the armed forces. Please nip back to the department and ask them to sort their bloody selves out, because if not, Cummings is going to come down there and sort you out his own way, and you won’t like it.””

Onzadog
    Free Member

Please put him in the killing house, pretty please.

theotherjonv

I’m sure there’s a perfectly honest and reasonable explanation that they’re declining to discuss.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/12/revealed-dominic-cummings-firm-paid-vote-leaves-ai-firm-260000

Who am I kidding. Quack quack quack.

csb

Word of advice to those writing to their constituency MPs. Don’t make it obvious you didn’t/won’t vote for them. Instead, tell them you did but would need reassurance to again, given xyz issue….

Otheriwise they couldn’t give a toss about you.

cookeaa

Has Dominic Cummings got the necessary security clearances to visit “sensitive MoD sites”?

More over could a man with a history of leaking information to Journalists, who has arguably helped to subvert key national votes and elections really be given such access…

binners

He’s the Prime Minister. He can do what he likes.

He even got one of his garden gnomes to warm the MOD what they’ve got coming from the boss

The reaction is brilliant! Clearly not everybody is as terrified of Dom as Joris and the cabinet clearly are

BoardinBob

It’s genuinely staggering that a general/major/whatever that guy is just took a lecture from that kit kat expensing Ponce, and the mask slipped revealing that they’re terrified of Cummings. Utterly insane.

johnx2
    Free Member

…and yet many have wandered into the undergrowth of defence procurement and never emerged. At least it should keep him busy for a bit, unless they’re dismantling NB HS England and PHE first.

colournoise

And his progress towards being our Glorious Leader marches on…

ElShalimo

We’re even more doomed !!

binners

The Guardian are reporting today that having failed to get Failing Grayling appointed time head the Intelligence and Security Committee, he is now attempting to noble the civil servants attached to it and make his own appointments instead.

Clive Lewis has gone public with this and told him to get his tanks off his lawn.

Julian Lewis warns Dominic Cummings not to politicise ISC inquiries

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

I just can’t understand why Eye Test Cummings who lived and worked in Russia for some time, could possibly want control of the committee who are supposed to be investigating dubious Russian influence in British politics. It is like he has something to hide, or stands to make a fistful of cash in backhanders if the mafia can continue washing money here.

Kryton57

My god, what is it that Cummings has to wield so much power?  He’s an advisor for **** sake!

binners

Boris doesn’t do policy, or thinking, so he’s effectively outsourced it to Cummings.

I would imagine that this level of paranoid control-freakery will ultimately be the downfall of both of them. John Crace noted in the Guardian that while they’re doing this, they are making powerful enemies within their own party.

I can’t see Julian Lewis being particularity cooperative on the security and intelligence committee, for example

tomhoward

He’s an advisor for **** sake!

Aye, right…

maccruiskeen

they are making powerful enemies within their own party.

If I had a Tory MP I’d be asking them to resign the whip. Boris’s thumping majority simply have to take their rosettes off if they’re that bothered about Cummings

dannyh
    Free Member

Boris’s thumping majority simply have to take their rosettes off if they’re that bothered about Cummings

Will never happen. Not openly and en masse. You don’t piss in the trough you eat from.

If anything is done it will be through discussions in back rooms and nods and winks. The problem will be that these are precisely the types of machinations that slippery shits like Cummings excel at.

zippykona

Who is this scumbags biggest critic in the Tory party? I’d like to write to them with my support.

If Farage can mobilise angry tories I’m sure my gammon alter ego can as well.

Speaking of which….what is farage’s thoughts on scummings?

nickc

My god, what is it that Cummings has to wield so much power?

Half a brain, which puts him head and shoulders above most of the Tory party. Honestly though, he’s the sort of bloke who can’t help overreaching, he’ll be the architect of his own downfall soon enough, these blokes always are.

BillMC

Yep, and the ‘behavioural scientists’ are keeping their heads well down and names out of the press in anticipation of the effluvial implosion, they’re playing the long game.

dannyh
    Free Member

Who is this scumbags biggest critic in the Tory party? I’d like to write to them with my support.

I doubt they’d break cover. They’ll all be briefing ‘off the record’ and strictly anonymous, but when it is time to shit or get off the pot, the first thing they will do is look around to see who is with them after all the non-binding nudges and winks. And because only a select few would ever risk it, Cummings will have been doing some nudging and winking and threatening of his own behind the scenes. I would bet that every potential rebel Tory MP has a few rules of thumb in their head around what % of the support they think they might have will actually be there on the day of the battle. I doubt it is >50% in any sensible reckoning.

You don’t shit where you eat.

kelvin

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jul/30/dominic-cummings-undermined-lockdown-enforcement-says-ex-durham-police-chief

“People were actually using the word ‘Cummings’ in encounters with the police to justify antisocial behaviour.”

“If the public don’t think the police are operating in a fair and impartial way, you won’t get their trust and you won’t get their support. People who make the rules shouldn’t break them. Otherwise, you can’t expect the little people to do it.”

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^^

I used it when some officious gammon prick had a pop about riding on a footpath.

The fact is that whatever anyone says about the Eyetest Incident be it flagrant flouting of rules, hypocrisy, undermining of the most important public health message of our time or the fact he was demonstrably lying through his teeth…..

It was all true then and it is all true now, but the brass necked shitbag brassed it out and got away with it due to his ‘connections’ and position. For the current bunch of amateur Putins in our government it doesn’t exist because it is ‘yesterdays news’.

They didn’t give a **** then and they give even less of a **** now.

eskay

Utter ****

fasthaggis

Seems that while Gollum steers the ship,Boris the Bluffer needs a bit more help hiding.
    Front of house speaker

somafunk

He wants a blond Trumpet just like Kaleigh McEnany, Boris must be getting bored of his latest wife by now.

Riksbar

He wants a blond Trumpet just like Kaleigh McEnany, Boris must be getting bored of his latest wife by now.

Did you miss an ‘S’ off trumpet?

fasthaggis

He would love that if Gollum approved,she may be looking for a new job soon if Trump gets dumped.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,041 through 2,080 (of 2,820 total)

The topic ‘Dominic Cummings !’ is closed to new replies.