Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 2,803 total)
  • Dominic Cummings !
  • Premier Icon thegreatape
    Free Member

I’m no fan of Boris but I think the demands for him to get rid of Cummings are a bit unfair. I can’t think of any other line of work where the spokesman has the authority to fire the boss.

Premier Icon stevextc
    Free Member

He won’t go of his own accord. He and his ilk have dug in too deep to quit now. Too much money involved in Brexit and the gains the disaster capitalists will make when the country starts to fall apart.

Non of that needs Cummings in the role though.
    Cummings is just Boris’s handler to make sure he says the right things as their employer doesn’t trust Boris to speak.

Premier Icon Harry_the_Spider

I’ve asked mine. I shall report back with his reply 😉

@Christian4BuryS

Premier Icon lunge

Just mailed my MP. Don’t see any harm in doing so.

Premier Icon munrobiker
    Free Member

Just emailed mine too-

“I am writing to you to ask that, in your position as Conservative MP for xxx, you call for the resignation of the leader of your party’s chief aid following the revelation that he broke the lockdown rules by travelling 250 miles from London to Durham whilst having Covid 19 symptoms.

While he has stated that he did this for reasons of childcare, this seems a spurious excuse – members of the public showing symptoms would look after their own children, a third party is not required in this situation. Cummings has broken the rules clearly set out by his own government for thoses not suffering symptoms by making a journey other than to shop for basic necessities, to work, for a medical need or for exercise. The fact that he had symptoms and the guidance in this situation clearly states “do not leave your home for any reason” shows he is not fit to remain in his position.

I trust you will do the correct thing and write to Boris Johnson to demand he sack Cummings.”

Feel free to copy that if you want.

Premier Icon onehundredthidiot

So he and wife were both at “home” isolating but needed child care. At home need child care. That I don’t get, well enough to drive 5hours and dump potentially infected kids on parents so he and her could self isolate presumably for 7-14days without the kids.

Premier Icon munrobiker
    Free Member

Baffling isn’t it? If I had a kid and showed symptoms, I’d stay at home with the kid. As would basically anyone else. I don’t see why that makes it OK.

Premier Icon butcher

To be honest, I think the BBC should be facing questions too, reporting that drivel. It’s against all logic.

Premier Icon tomd

Well enough to drive 5 hours and being ill enough to need child care seem mutually exclusive, especially if it’s just the one kid.

Premier Icon ads678

Just emailed my mp Alec Shelbrook, with munrobikers text. Cheers.

Premier Icon stevextc
    Free Member

Just mailed my MP. Don’t see any harm in doing so.

The harm is he will just be replaced by someone with a lower profile.
    He’s deeply unpopular and almost universally seen as untrustworthy. Even hardcore Borisites are suspicious of anything he’s involved in.

My hope would be he stays and brings down Boris but that does then leave the question of who would replace Boris I suppose given the time to a general election.

Premier Icon fadda

I emailed my MP with he text too (thanks, munro biker).
    David Davies, Monmouth. (that’s him, not me!)

Premier Icon crikey
    Free Member

Always useful to imagine the fuss had Diane Abbott done the same…

Premier Icon dudeofdoom

Dear Dom didn’t go to his parents, he went to his parents second home inside the grounds of their main home.

Clearly within the rules, surely

Exactly no rules broken as they don’t explicitly state not to do this.

Premier Icon doomanic

I’ve emailed Nigel Huddleston with that text, thanks for facilitating my lack of thinking this early in the weekend.

Premier Icon roverpig

They seem to be quite keen to get people to focus on the childcare issue, presumably because they think they can defend that and it distracts people from the fact that he drove 250 miles when he had symptoms.

Premier Icon tagnut69
    Free Member

Just email my MP Dr Dan Poulter

Premier Icon MartynS

Cheers Munrobiker,

sent your text to Robert Largan MP,  High Peak

lets see if there’s a reply….or indeed any action at all!!

Premier Icon MSP

I would suggest that anyone else writing to their MP’s, don’t just cut and paste that text, it dilutes the letters power if everyone just has exactly the same, a cut and paste campaign does not reflect peoples real feelings, just that they like jumping on a bandwagon.

Just write something in your own words.

Premier Icon metalheart

Apart from SELF-ISOLATE and DONT LEAVE THE HOUSE for 7 days when suspected (let alone pretty much certain) with cv-19, you’re right nothing at all…

No you’re right I can’t see where it says you specifically can’t drive 250 miles shedding the virus… especially not when you’re too ill to get out your bed… (dangerous driving anyone?)

Premier Icon RustySpanner

So, Dom and best mate Laura K reckons he was staying at a different property to his folks.

The police reckon differently, their report states he was in the same house.

And his wife reckons they never left London.

I’m glad we cleared that up.

Anyway, lying through gritted teeth worked for Jenrick. I’m sure Dom’ll be fine.

Premier Icon mashr
    Free Member

Apart from SELF-ISOLATE and DONT LEAVE THE HOUSE for 7 days when suspected (let alone pretty much certain) with cv-19, you’re right nothing at all…

and anyone else in the household (eg the kids) needs to isolate for 14 days too

Premier Icon mariner
    Free Member

Was he fit to drive or did someone else drive?

Does he own a car or did he borrow one?

Hope it wasn’t an official car.

Given that plod were stopping the very few cars on motorways at that time how did he get through?

Premier Icon munrobiker
    Free Member

Yeah, if you have got the time to write something individual please do. I put that up to try and push those who are a bit rushed/couldn’t quite be arsed enough/were in a Saturday morning fug over the edge but if you’ve got five minutes write something from scratch. They don’t need an essay so it shouldn’t take too long.

Premier Icon csb

Where is the house in question and what are the c19 figures like round there? Could a spike in cases be attributed to Cummings?

Premier Icon csb

The beauty/danger of the special adviser system is that they operate outwith the rules that apply to Civil Servants. Even if he’s ‘sacked’ he and his team (he’s just the chief bastard) will still be working for Boris.

Premier Icon cheers_drive

and anyone else in the household (eg the kids) needs to isolate for 14 days too

The Guardian is reporting that Cummings young son was seen in Durham too.

Premier Icon leegee

I’ve emailed that to mine, thanks

He knows too much to be let go.

Premier Icon akeys001
    Free Member

Enjoyed from twitter “Look you can’t blame him for this, the Government’s messaging has been really confusing”

Premier Icon jekkyl

Somebody commented on Facebook that he should be sacrificed a la Wicker Man to ensure that brexit goes well with Bojo dancing round in a dress..
    ‘Oh No, oh God, oh Jesus, oh no’

Premier Icon kelvin

Could a spike in cases be attributed to Cummings?

No. Because ‘someone’ decided that the UK would stop any track/trace/isolate measures, despite the rest of the world, included the WTO, screaming that it was the main thing required to control the virus and save lives. So, when looking at that key time period, no spike in cases can be attributed to any individual. It’s quiet scary to think that the personal action/inaction of Johnson, Dorries and Cummings may have directly led to increased cases amongst the wider population, but there is no way to know either way. Still… good old “British common sense”… “shaking hands with everyone at the hospital”.

Premier Icon cheekymonkey888
    Free Member

Isnt the current hotspot for covid in the NE. There is a rise in cases for the duration of his visit

Premier Icon dannyh

Shit the bed!

We are ****.

No10 is basically going with “he didn’t break lockdown rules”!

When he manifestly did.

Looks like the powers that be who pay Cummings to hold Boris’s strings really don’t give a shit.

😕

Premier Icon kelvin

Cummings is untouchable. He made the PM PM.

Premier Icon dannyh

You can just imagine the scene.

In the early hours of this morning Joris is awoken from his alcoholic slumber by the phone. He answers and a familiar voice he could never quite put a name to says:

Voice: Cummings stays.

Joris: Err, err what the hell time is it? Jenn…..I mean Carrie, what time is it? Who is this?

Joris: But….but….he’s bang to rights. There’s no spinning this one. I won’t be able to….

Joris: But….

Voice: Lie. For **** sake. Lie. Blatant, subtle, whatever. Cummings stays.

Joris: But….

Voice: Lie. You’re good at it. You know it and we know it. But what really matters, little boy, is that we can prove it.

Joris: I see….

Voice: Not all of it you don’t. We’ve got proof you only shackled your shitty little wagon to our train to grab some power. We’ve also got some very short links between you and some very ‘interesting’ characters. Not to mention some err ladies. But **** all that. You lie. Cummings stays.

<Hangs up>

Joris: Pass that bottle, Carrie.

Premier Icon dudeofdoom

No you’re right I can’t see where it says you specifically can’t drive 250 miles shedding the virus… especially not when you’re too ill to get out your bed… (dangerous driving anyone?)

BTW I’m not condoning his actions(‘twas Irony’), I think it stinks.

It brings to light again how these people implement rules that somehow apply to us but not them.

Premier Icon MrSparkle
    Free Member

If you live in a Tory seat now is the time to write to your MP to call for Cummings’ resignation.

Given that my local MP is Jake Berry, I won’t be bothering. I did tweet him to say I’d be interested to hear his views on it. He didn’t reply…

Premier Icon dudeofdoom

Cummings is untouchable. He made the PM PM.

Course the knives could be out For Boris.

Premier Icon dannyh

Just emailed my MP Edward Argar. Just a pole-climbing yes-man so I don’t expect anything to happen.

Premier Icon binners

Cummings is untouchable.

He is indeed. He knows where all the bodies are buried. They can’t do anything to upset him

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 2,803 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.