Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 2,820 total)
  • Dominic Cummings !
  • cheburashka
    Free Member

Can we get Demonic Cummings to trend?

ajantom

That sounds like something from Urotsukidoji: Legend of the Overfiend (any fans of dodgy 90s Manga/Anime will now what I mean)

salad_dodger

Any idea on which minister will be doing the Corona briefing this afternoon? Obviously it should be BoJo but he’ll be hiding in a fridge somewhere or hammering his frozen sausage into LK again.

igm

For what it’s worth, I’ve lost both parents in the last month. Not entirely unexpected. I accepted the lockdown might mean I didn’t see them alive again.
    Their care home acted sensibly locking down before 23-3-20 and segregating staff to certain areas / residents.
    Even so CoViD definitely got one parent though the other was less clear cut on the death certificate (not tested – breathing and heart problems).
    I haven’t been able to go up to Glasgow from York. I will do the journey there and back in a day this week for the joint funeral.

Dominic, you’re probably not listening, but I’m unimpressed. Deeply unimpressed.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

The boy also shouldn’t be used as a human shield by his father to deflect from his escape to the country antics. Every time DC appears carrying a “look, I’m a father with a young child” prop when going to and from work he’s doing just that. He has dragged his child into this with his gangster “breaking the rules to be a good father” spin defence, and no one else.

The cynic in me says that him standing outside his house with the tricke & the ball was just that..

MoreCashThanDash

Sorry to hear that igm. Awful time for you and your family.

Anyone else think that LKs understudy on the BBC earlier was looking particularly smug?

eskay

scotroutes
    Subscriber
    He has a 4 year old son. The boy shouldn’t have to witness that sort of goings-on outside his own house, regardless of who his father is.

If you read the comments, the reporter who tweeted the video said that his wife and kids had left. Maybe the people responsible for the video knew that??

That is awful igm, really sorry to hear that

kelvin

That is hard igm. Thoughts with you and yours.

igm

Apologies – I’m not trawling for sympathy, though I will accept it gracefully. Plenty of other folk have lost people recently.
    My parents had fantastic lives, went great places, did and saw wonderful things.
    They weren’t in good health and their time was coming one way or another.
    The send off my father got in particular, STV news and Times obituaries, nice words from Nicola Sturgeon, was touching. Equally so, though more private, with my mother.
    I’m choosing to remember great and loving lives – not deaths in crazy times.

Still annoys me that it’s one rule for Dom and one for the rest of us.

kelvin

Focus on the lives, not the endings. Alway wise igm. Sometimes hard to do, but definitely the right thing to try and do.

shooterman

@IGM a terrible thing to go through. I can’t think of anything to say which would be remotely adequate to the awfulness of those circumstances.

zippykona

Why doesn’t Dum Cum just **** off?

He’ll easily get a job with trump.

Kryton57

ratherbeintobago

I’m not sure if that’s a stunt; the Met a) know exactly where he is and b) know there are a load of press hanging about outside his house.

I’m sure if they wanted a discreet word that could have been arranged…

martinhutch

His missus will have called to whine about press harassment, nowt to do with his lockdown tour of the NE.

eskay

Johnson doing tonight’s briefing

kelvin

The PM is breaking cover for today’s press conference. I’m genuinely surprised.

RustyNissanPrairie

The boy also shouldn’t be used as a human shield by his father to deflect from his escape to the country antics. Every time DC appears carrying a “look, I’m a father with a young child” prop when going to and from work he’s doing just that. He has dragged his child into this with his gangster “breaking the rules to be a good father” spin defence, and no one else.

This is a Jacob Rees Mog tactic as well

Kryton57

Johnson doing tonight’s briefing

Pushed back to 5pm.   This’ll be a prepared Churchillian bombastic “this isn’t helpful at this time” FU to to the British Public and you can bet your life questions will be cut short or very selective.  Needs an open audience and they’ll hope to defer anything until a well prepared PMQ’s happens on Wednesday.

ratherbeintobago

It won’t; parliament is in recess so no PMQs.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

I’m sure if they wanted a discreet word that could have been arranged…

Not quite sure why you think law enforcement should be sneaking in the back door?

bruneep

theotherjonv

are we going to get public questions tonight. Because there’s a clear one that I think the public want to ask, and I’d be ‘very surprised’ if at least one if not both are on this subject.

We demand to know! When is the A66 going to be a dual carriageway!

Kryton57

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2j5d7RX]Screenshot_20200524-161935_Lite[/url]

From FB…

ratherbeintobago

@mrlebowksi I don’t, but I also think they were making a point.

mrlebowski
    Free Member

@mrlebowksi I don’t, but I also think they were making a point.

Go in the back door – accusations of a cover up & something underhand at work.
    Go in the front door – accusations of being provocative.

Can’t win can they?

ratherbeintobago

Equally I never said they were doing anything wrong.

dannyh
    Free Member

Go in the back door – accusations of a cover up & something underhand at work.
    Go in the front door – accusations of being provocative.

Can’t win can they?

Difficult job dealing with bare-faced liars. I’m sure they’ve had plenty of practice, though.

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m genuinely nervous about this briefing.

If Joris backs him I am very, very frightened about who is really in charge here and where this leads.

Genuinely.

exsee
    Free Member

It looks about 50/50 in here, I think I want to see big Dom stick it out unless there is more to this.
    It’s a crazy media frenzy over nothing imo. Bonkers.

Kryton57

unless there is more to this.

Apparently there is more to come or so its been tweeted,

It’s a crazy media frenzy over nothing imo. Bonkers.

No, it really isn’t, and to say it is is really quite offensive.

avdave2

I wonder if every other minister has simply refused to go out there and defend the indefensible

MoreCashThanDash

If Joris backs him I am very, very frightened about who is really in charge here and where this leads.

Genuinely.

This.

Just started.

Bugger

Kryton57

Defend vehemently by Boris using the word “integrity”.   Flippin’ ‘eck…

martinhutch

And he’s backing him…

‘In every respect he has acted legally, responsibly and with integrity…’

FFS

nickc

Boris Johnson: “one rule for us, one for you lot”

reluctantjumper

He won’t be sacking Cummings. Complete and utter ****. Both if them.

Yak

Shit the bed! He survives. Praised indeed.

butcher

Surely Boris has to go now?

This is bonkers.

uggski

Unfucking believable!

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 2,820 total)

The topic ‘Dominic Cummings !’ is closed to new replies.