Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)
  • Excersice post Covid jab
  • Trimix
    Free Member

Anyone had their jab yet and tried to do some exercise afterwards ?

I’m due mine tomorrow, but I’m also in the middle of some training. (Sufferfest) I wondered if you were told not to do any exercise, or if you just felt crap so didn’t bother. If so, how long did you feel crap for ?

I can of course, postpone my training, but wondered if there were any medical problems with just doing it and feeling crap while you do it. Or I may find I don’t feel crap of course.

joefm

I felt crap the following night as warned could be the case. No mention of exercise. Needed a couple of days to recover. Didn’t fancy exercise for a few days. couple of days off isn’t going to hurt unless you’re an aspiring olympian

johndoh
    Free Member

I was wondering the same as I am having my vaccine on Friday and normally go for a long run on Saturdays.

FWIW, the in-laws both had the AZ vaccine, one felt fine afterwards, the other felt off it for 48 hours (both in good health and not overweight apart from one with diabetes – and he was the one that felt fine).

I was going to take the view that if I feel okay on Saturday I will be running.

lunge

Wife had the AZ a months or so ago.
    Felt ropey for 24 hours, she went for a 5k run and felt terrible, but did get it done, albeit slowly.

dantsw13

There is no guidance not to AFAIK.

greyspoke
    Free Member

Wife felt nauseous and generally unwell for a couple of days after her AZ jab.

I felt fine for 18 hrs or so, then slightly manky and a bit of a headache, but this morning (35 hrs after jab) ran the 5k back from the MOT garage and it felt OK, if not amazing. But it never feels amazing when I try to run anywhere.

wzzzz
    Free Member

I cycled to and from my jab, glad I did because it was 4 days before I felt like doing any more exercise.

onewheelgood

I had my AZ vaccination at 9:30 last Monday morning. Exactly 12 hours later I started to feel rough. I had a terrible night, incredibly hot and achy, didn’t really sleep at all, I can’t remember ever feeling more unwell than that. By 9:30 the next morning I felt absolutely fine, did 10000 steps that day and a 23 mile bike ride that was my fastest of the year so far. Very strange. But both my sisters had AZ and have had no side-effects at all.

Jamze

Same as others, I felt pretty rough after the AZ vaccine, but still got out for walks and rides. Took paracetamol, lots of water, fresh air helped actually, just felt knackered in the evenings.

nickjb
    Free Member

There is no guidance not to AFAIK.

I have read this online and seen it mentioned on TV.

midlifecrashes

Had my AZ jab yesterday afternoon. No advice was given. I snored more than usual last night. Sore arm, fatigue and deep aches and pains today, so I’m having a lazy day.

nuke

Had mine this morning…put side-effects out of my mind but waiting to find out now 😬

ifra
    Free Member

Had mine 4 weeks ago, bit rough the day after then felt fine but had low energy levels for 2 weeks. Legs just felt empty both running an riding (I had been doing some form of daily training since january). Back to normal last week but this week all achey again. I had the Az and so did the wife she was fine

johndoh
    Free Member

So it seems I will feel rough on Saturday (having mine on Friday) so I am going to get a bottle of red and bask in a double-whammy of feeling unwell and a hangover with no feeling of guilt about not running 🙂

donald
    Free Member

I was a bit tired for a couple of days after mine (AZ) and wouldn’t have bothered with any exercise even if I had I been in the mood.

BigJohn

Mrs BigJohn & I had them (AZ) at the same time. She felt a bit under the weather the for a couple of days. I had a lazy day the next day but I don’t know if that was the vaccine.

masterdabber
    Free Member

At the end of the day you’ve just got to listen to your body. I had no effects at all but just took it a bit easy the next day to be safe, then back to riding. From this thread it’s clear that everyone is different. If you’re not feeling great act accordingly. If ok just get on with it.

Haze

Felt rough on the night after having the AZ jab, still not great early next morning so cancelled my usual Sunday ride of a few hours.

Had a couple of ibuprofen and improved by 11am, managed to get out for an hour with no further issues. Felt much better for it really.

beej

At the end of the day you’ve just got to listen to your body. I had no effects at all but just took it a bit easy the next day to be safe, then back to riding. From this thread it’s clear that everyone is different. If you’re not feeling great act accordingly. If ok just get on with it.

Exactly this. If you feel crap, don’t train or take it easy. Your written plan doesn’t know how you feel.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wife felt rotten for a week after the AZ jab.

When it comes to my turn, I won’t be planning any big rides or trips away in the following week, just in case.

binners

I had my jab on Sunday afternoon. I felt alright when I got up yesterday morning, so because I’m doing a daft sponsored mileage thing this month I did a quick ten miles on the turbo.

My life is littered with absolutely stupid decisions, but this one is right up there. I immediately felt terrible then went rapidly downhill from there, feeling achey and generally nackered and ended up going for a nana nap in the afternoon. Had a terrible nights sleep last night.

Don’t do it! Give yourself 24 hours at least. I feel fine today.

My mate, who’s a nurse, told me to start taking paracetamol 4 hours before your jab, keep taking it for a day or two and drink loads of water to stay hydrated

longdog
    Free Member

I had mine yesterday, astra-zennica, I asked the nurse about exercise and she said no issue as long as you feel well. I have had no issue whatsoever, not even a sore arm.

fossy

I’m thinking of riding to mine, 10 miles down the canal on Friday, then 10 miles home, weather permitting.

Good idea ?

Superficial
    Free Member

It’s all this post-jab apathy and lazing around causing all these* DVTs.

I had an achey arm after my first (Pfizer) one. No lethargy, headaches fever or anything bad. If you feel up for a ride, do it. If you feel tired, maybe don’t? You don’t have to plan your side-effects in advance.

I’m riding 13k home after my second dose later today.

* For the avoidance of doubt, this whole DVT story is ridiculous and possibly motivated by an EU that’s salty about being shunned for vaccine delivery dates. Fewer DVTs have happened in vaccinated people than would be expected in a population over the same timeframe. Not more, fewer.

gallowayboy

I had the pfizer one four weeks ago. felt ok for 24 hrs, then up and down, tired, headachy, poor sleep…..for a week. Four or six paracetamol a day for part of that. Still went for a ride two days after the jab, and continued with walking commute of 10km a day. Stupid, should probably have just done nothing for a few days, and perhaps id have caught up quicker.

doomanic

I had the Pfizer jab yesterday morning. No issues initially but arm started to hurt after a few hours which made sleep uncomfortable. Still sore now, 26hrs later, but no other ill effects. I haven’t bothered exercising though.

rOcKeTdOg

I went for my usual ride the next day, no side effects to speak of though.

loum
    Free Member

I asked this specifically when I had my jab back in January.
    They said there’s no reason not to exercise, but it depends on how you feel if you’re going to want to.
    I ran home from the hospital and had no bad reaction or side effects. Did half marathon the next morning with no probs.
    Mine was Pfizer.
    Slight disclaimer, my immune system might be a bit crap – shielding due to cancer – which could explain the zero side effects.

joeegg
    Free Member

Had my jab Sunday morning and felt rough that night.Slight headache Monday morning but went out for a road ride.
    Felt ok to start with but tired quickly and legs became very achey on the way back.Ached badly for quite a few hours afterwards but felt fine this morning.

Vortexracing

I’m going for mine at 14:30 today, have put off a Turbo session tonight, just to be safe and decided not to ride into work tomorrow (50 mile round trip). I’ll see what I feel like tomorrow night and may try an hour on th road bike tomorrow night.

Mrs had Hers on Sunday PM, felt a bit jaded on Monday morning (yesterday) but took paracetamol and seems OK today.

Pot luck init

sharkbait
    Free Member

Tried playing tennis the day after my jab and it was pointless – I was completely drained and aching everywhere.
    The following day I was fine though.

I’m going for mine at 14:30 today, have put off a Turbo session tonight

That might be OK but tomorrow MAY be a wipeout.
    Take paracetamol before and after the [AZ] jab regardless of how you feel.

fossy

MrsF hasn’t said not to, so if weather is OK I’ll ride. Expecting side effects later. But I’m expecting a ‘wait’ for the jab – more worried about getting ‘cold’ after a ride. Better take a bike lock just in case !

Vortexracing

Take paracetamol before and after the [AZ] jab regardless of how you feel.

Just read this and 2 x taken 😉
    ta

anono

Had the AZ jab a couple of days ago.

No physical ill effects, but I have a strange urge buy loads of new microsoft products and start worshipping Bill Gates – I guess this is just a coincidence?

thepurist

We both had AZ on Sunday. I’ve had no issues, did 30 miles on the road yesterday and 45 this morning. MrsP got up to do a pre work spin on Monday then decided against it and was snoozing at lunchtime, and today she is still slightly fatigued and has a mild headache. My brother also had AZ on Sunday (on the other side of the country) and he’s had no noticeable side effects either.

Fwiw we both dosed with ibuprofen after the jab

alanf
    Free Member

Had mine in the morning and felt fine for most of that day. Started to get really tired towards the evening and then the next day I felt very tired. Managed a 6 mile run but was slow and felt really warm. Other than that a pain in the arm where they gave it, but back to normal the next day. No mention of not exercising. Just see how you fair, you’ll know if it’s going to be hard work

dantsw13

Various medical pro’s at my site have advised against Ibuprofen with vaccines. Paracetamol seems to be the advice.

Keando

Had Pfizer jab a couple of weeks ago at 10.30 in the morning. Went for a ride early the following morning. Apart from the top of my arm feeling a bit tender when I slept on that side during the night after having the jab, there were no other problems. Plannng to have the second jab in the other arm…

MoreCashThanDash

Mate and I had planned our first 100km ride of the year for Saturday. Now both got injections Thursday and Friday. Based on all the reports I’ll be pleasantly surprised if either of us feel like riding 50% further than we’ve managed all year this weekend 🤷‍♂️

goslow

I had mine at 9:30 yesterday. Then went for a 4 hour bike ride at noon after doing a bit of gardening. I feel fine.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘Excersice post Covid jab’ is closed to new replies.