Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 627 total)
  • Chub Club 2020
  • YoKaiser
    Free Member

Concerted effort today to get back on track. I’d tried intermittent fasting before and it worked well, only eating from 10-6. Also managed the gym this morning even though the legs were a bit stiff from a walk yesterday. Boys birthday today so out for dinner tonight, I’ll maybe pass on the cake….maybe.

northernmatt

I hate Mondays. I hate them even more when some absolute arsehole brings in a tub of quality street. Giving up smoking (again) is making me want to eat anything in sight. Doesn’t help that I’m feeling a bit shit which also makes me want to eat.

cheers_drive

6 days in and diet-wise it’s going well. No sweet things or other unhealthy snacks. No alcohol either. 1kg lost already with barely any exercise.

Markie
    Free Member

I’m 5:2 ing with Monday’s and Thursday’s as my days – tgituesday!

Any appetite for a chub club 2020 WhatsApp group?

FB-ATB

1kg lost already with barely any exercise.

Don’t weigh between Fridays as you’ll be narked when that 1kg loss has reduced.

joshvegas
    Free Member

I’ve forgotten to eat healthy so far.

But I did get a fitness watch that nags me to do things like go for a run.

10000 to form a habit and hopefully the eating will follow. It generally does improve when I feel more active.

toby1

I’ve forgotten to eat healthy so far.

The year is still young, don’t see it as a short term fix, more a long term work.

I started in Jan last year and I’ went down 15 kg by June, I’ve maintained, +/-2kg since then.

I am lucky in that I have a 15mile commute on a bike each day, plus some weights and a run once a week and I’m not eating and drinking well (still a lot less than I was) and everything seems pretty stable at the moment, although Christmas has seen a slight increase again).

I could be a bit lighter, but as it stands I’m happy with where I am and am hoping to keep up a regular weigh-in to stay there.

Good luck all, remember some weeks you will expect to lose lots and will gain, some you will expect to gain and will lose, so look at the longer term figures and don’t sweat the small variances!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Yeah not stressing it.

Just being active is a good start for me.

I’ve also started tracking my snoring with a snore lab.

It’s pretty anti social and I’m pretty sure it’s flab related.

theotherjonv

i want a snore lab (this is what you mean, I assume)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aW9FyhuDO0o

juanking

Just made macaroni cheese for dinner to use up the remaining cheese mountain. I shudder to think of the calories…

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Going good for me.
    90 min free weights session then a 10 mile walk to eat some sushi yesterday.

Weight is a little high (88kg, 5′ 11″) but compared to other times I’ve been this weight the composition is better – waist is still on bottom belt notch. To be fair, am lifting 10,000 kg a month in the gym so a couple of kg will be muscle.

Got the fitness tracker on every day and tracking kcals to 1800/day gross, regardless of exercise unless I do a big bike ride.

Aiming for 83kg by mid February

convert

Could I just drop in to this thread to offer a word of encouragement.

Was a fit pointy end cycling type. Then my job changed , Then my hip blew up. 2 years of pain, one operation, a year to recover from the operation and then I’d lost the exercise habit. Then I got heavy and lost the habit even more because it was now hard work.

9 weeks on the Fast 800 diet 7 days a week in September and October saw my weight drop by 24kg. (106kg-82kg or 16.5st to 13st dead in old money). Bought the book, used the recipes. Bought premium myfitnesspal and used it religiously. Made 50g protein and a vitamin tablet every day a must. Ate my calories in 2 intakes a day – a protien smoothie at 1130 and a small meal at 1900. Water and black coffee only apart from that. A minimum of 20mins exercise every day using TRX straps and/or the turbo and a couple of 2hr rides a week.

It was hell for the first week – headaches and feeling light headed but then something weird happened and it got easy. Yes, thought about it a lot and was quite obsessed about food and the daily post morning piss weigh in. But much easier than I thought it was going to be.

It has been genuinely life changing. I lift a 24kg kettlebell and can’t believe I used to be dragging that around with me. I have fallen back in love with biking because it is fun again. I am full of energy. I have rediscovered all my old clothes and have some newer comedy trousers I can now put on without unbuttoning! My blood pressure has dropped by 20mmHg in both measurements and my blood sugar levels are no longer edging towards type 2 diabetes. Random women flirt with me again (this is of no consequence but maybe an indication I no longer looked like a shambling mess). Life is a load better in pretty much every way. Now I’m just working hard on making sure it sticks (actually the hard bit I think).

I hope that is a little positive encouragement. Good luck and I hope you meet your goals.

naffa
    Free Member

1st week weigh in and Ive dropped 5lb so im pleased with that.
    Did fall off the wagon a bit last night and ate a packet of Oaties biscuits.

ali69er
    Free Member

I had a McDonald’s followed by a KFC at my next meal. Epic fail

joshvegas
    Free Member

Depends…

What did you have?

RobHilton
    Free Member

1st week weigh in and Ive dropped 5lb so im pleased with that.

Is it Friday already!!??

No, no it’s not. Clearly someone plays be his own rules 🙂

Nice work.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Christ I’d kill for a quarter pounder with a zinger tower chaser.

Instead I will go for a run and eat soup.

ali69er
    Free Member

Burgers, chips,fizzy drinks

muggomagic

Doing alright. Kept using myfitnesspal to keep track of calories and I’ve been exercising pretty much everyday and staying well below the calorie goal. The biggest help is my wife is on antibiotics for a week which means she can’t drink so there has been no temptation to have beer. I’ve asked her if she can stay on them until March but she doesn’t seem too keen on that.
    I have had a sneaky mid week weigh in and pretty pleased with the results so far.

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve weighed in a day early as I won’t be around tomorrow, as I’d hoped the absurd 11kg I put on through December seems to be falling off with a 3.4kg loss this week, makes my ridiculously unachievable 1.8kg weekly target look slightly less ridiculously unachievable.

molgrips
    Free Member

I was 92.7kg on the 4th.

I’d set my goal at 24 hous riding a month, because last year was only 15 hours per month average. However I realised that was too easy so I’ve set it to 32hrs min, 40 jours for the stretch goal. It’s still early but on target so far.

Following iDiet but with added wholegrain carbs when needed due to all that riding.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Done. Target met and slightly exceeded.

But a sustainable drop I think.

This week will look at continuing the 10000step and running but focus on replacing crisps and chocolate with fruit.

Tiger6791

Yay to week 1

8lbs of Water gone 😀😂😳

Now the real work starts

twonks

Congratulations to all the losers on this last page 😀

First week in and I lost – 0lbs. Bugger, but I know why – I can’t stop eating rubbish.
    Has been the story of my life for 20+ years at least.

Convert – how old are you may I ask?

I’m genuinely interested in your weight loss as I tried the 5:2 when the TV show came out. Lasted a few weeks but the fast days were awful. Headaches, lack of concentration and feeling not quite with it at work made me give up relatively quickly for my own safety !

However, if this could be condensed into a week of feeling poop rather than two days a week forever (or so it feels), then it might be tolerable.

And before smart arses chip in with ‘just eat less and do more’ – simple it may be, some of us still struggle immensely doing it.

theotherjonv

2.4kg

a lot but it’s first week and I’ve been very good – 2 proper 5:2 fast days and where yesterday at work was a rush I only got chance to grab a sandwich mid afternoon so I wasn’t going to bootcamp empty, and then after I managed to keep to a mushroom omelette rather than a bag of chips on the way home. So 2.75 fast days, sort of.

Another good week for me would be to do the same and maybe stabilise the loss to another kg off say (which is then 14.5st old money) which is where I was for most of last year before injuring myself in November and the exercise dropping off and the girth going on.

After that, the real work will begin…..

Things I’ve remembered.

Excited people aren’t hungry….if being sat at your desk doing mundane stuff allows hunger to strike, go and do something more interesting for a bit. The hunger will pass.

One biscuit with morning tea (from someone’s it’s my birthday offering) doesn’t derail your week or even that day. What derails it is saying – well that’s the day gone, so I might as well derail it properly – and then having 5.

and lastly – the zen thought – it’s easier towards something than away from it. So set goals that are in the future – I want to be able to wear those jeans comfortably again, I want to do my belt up on that notch, rather than just saying I don’t want to be fat any more. It makes a difference to me.

joshvegas
    Free Member

And before smart arses chip in with ‘just eat less and do more’ – simple it may be, some of us still struggle immensely doing it.

I use being a lazy bastard to my advantage. Buy everything for the week online (to remove temptation). Buy lots of fruit and veg. Always have a banana on you.

My default mode is to eat the closest thing. If I have nothing a shop gets hit and disaster follows. If it’s a choice between shop and fruit and veg… Veg wins.

convert

Convert – how old are you may I ask?

I’m genuinely interested in your weight loss as I tried the 5:2 when the TV show came out. Lasted a few weeks but the fast days were awful. Headaches, lack of concentration and feeling not quite with it at work made me give up relatively quickly for my own safety !

However, if this could be condensed into a week of feeling poop rather than two days a week forever (or so it feels), then it might be tolerable.

I’m 47.

And agreed the 5:2 didn’t work for me either. In hindsight the extra 200 (0r 300) cals between the two makes a big difference but the main thing was with 5:2 my body didn’t get ‘settled’ into the routine – it felt like it was in constant crisis every week. It’s worth buying the book if you are interested and having a read to see if you think you can buy into it. If it’s all 100% accurate I’m not sure it matter – the important bit for me was that I had 100% conviction. I did do a relatively extreme version – I was inspired to give it a go by a friend who did it for two weeks, lost 5kg and then went on to something more moderate having done it as a kick start. He didn’t give up, that was simply was always the plan. His lifestyle constantly on the road with meeting clients for dinner part of his day to day life for work made it a lot hard than mind basically working from home so I’m full of admiration for him.

Something else I forgot to say – I completely gave up foods with added sugar – just banned. It made keeping to 800 cals a day much easier but also stopped the yoyoing moods I think I have had my whole life. Everything else, and I mean everything, tastes better and sweeter once the sugar is gone. A floret of raw broccoli genuinely tasted brilliant as a treat! Now I’m in maintenance mode I’m not totally strict but have sugar very occasionally. So I won’t be an arse and miss out on a birthday cake in the office (small portion) and might use a bit of maple syrup in recipes, and use sports drinks on long rides but avoid it otherwise.

Feel free to PM me for more thoughts if you want to. Keep it up and don’t let one knock back stop the desire for change.

northernmatt

I always knew week one was going to be a bit crap due to the surplus cheese/chocolate etc so this weeks loss is a single solitary pound. Owts better than nowt though and as I have done the sum total of zero exercise I’m fine with it.

FB-ATB

2.2kg gone- that must be why the toilet got blocked 3 times this week! Hardest part I find of early gains (water loss per Tiger above) is to think it will follow week after week. When it doesn’t it can get demoralising until you think of where you started from.

I’m missing my (over filled) breakfast bowl of Aldi honey & nut clusters! Weetabix just isn’t the same.

Is the chart accessible? I’m having trouble getting my data to display.

Dark-Side

2.2kg lost here too. At this rate, I’ll weight zero by Christmas!

I’m under no illusion that the weight will continue to drop at this rate, but it’s a nice start.

muggomagic

I’ve lost 7lbs exactly. By Christmas I will weigh at least 7lbs more than I do now 😀

theotherjonv

That demoralising effect of not seeing the same gains is why after the first few weeks, where you are enthusiastic and can deal with the ups and downs, I plan to go to fortnightly weigh ins. I know some like to weigh in almost daily, and see the effect of yesterday’s eating but psychologically that doesn’t work for me. Same as I said there about 1 biscuit doesn’t ruin a day, one bad day on the scales shouldn’t ruin a week but my emotional self doesn’t always listen to my logical. Hence weekly or even fortnightly to give me a chance of ‘only’ seeing losses works for me.

muggomagic

I’ve really found the myfitnesspal calorie counting and also the nutritional side of it helpful. I’m actually thinking about not only the amount of food I’m eating but also the make up of those calories. They also have lots of blogs and links to some decent recipes too.

molgrips
    Free Member

Just to point something out – your body stores carbohydrate in the form of glycogen in your muscles and liver. This storage mechanism requires water at something like 4g of water for 1g of glycogen. So if you deplete your glycogen stores (which you probably will if dieting) you could lose a kilo of mass or more without actually being dehydrated. However, as soon as you restore that muscle glycogen by eating something carb rich, you’ll drink the extra water and you can gain 1kg instantly. But it’s not fat!

I’m trying to ride a lot, and I’ve noticed that if I ride too much or too fast I get really run down so I need to re-fuel otherwise I’m screwed and I can’t ride (and am very miserable). So I usually go for some healthy whole grain carbs – I did this on Wednesday and gained 0.5kg overnight.

FB-ATB

I’ve really found the myfitnesspal calorie counting and also the nutritional side of it helpful

I was shocked when I poured out a usual portion of my favourite (but sugary) cereal then weighed out a serving per their nutrition guide. No wonder I’m a fatty.

muggomagic

I was shocked when I poured out a usual portion of my favourite (but sugary) cereal then weighed out a serving per their nutrition guide. No wonder I’m a fatty.

Yeah I think for me it’s definitely snacks. As posted earlier in the thread. The snickers duo having more calories than my main meal was a shock (I mean I know they’re not great but in my head I didn’t have the scale of what 450 calories was). In the past I’ve happily sat down in front of a film or box set and polished off 2 of those in an evening and I’d probably already had a few beers before that too so it’s no surprise why I’m such a fat bastard 😀

swedishmetal
    Free Member

Lost 5lbs, not bad but I’ve not started eating healthy yet due to having to eat all the Christmas treats and not being well this week with a cold/bunged up etc.
    Feel a little better in my body, hopefully once this cold clears up I will be eating healthy and tracking calories like I used to when I previously lost weight.

Personally I like to weigh myself twice a day. It helps me keep track of how my weight fluctuates and in a weird mental way helps me keep on track as I can’t have a cheat day and aim to make it up later in the week. Works for me but might not to others.

What scales do people have? I was talking to friends and they didn’t beleive I weighed 17st so I am wondering if there are some cheapish scales that are accurate.

Nice to see other people in my situation. Keep it up all, I know from experience it’s worth it!

Tiger6791

I have one goal this year…

A Normal BMI

That’s all I want. It will be a massive achievement and something that has eluded me since my early 20s

I spent all of 2019 in the Obese category, dipping into the Overweight for just 2 weeks

2020 has to be the year.

FB-ATB

What scales do people have? ….. I am wondering if there are some cheapish scales that are accurate.

Does it really matter – if you use the same scales for each weigh in and you you’re showing a loss that’s a win, right?

Don’t rely on what other people say- I think it’s a symptom of a “growing” population. Chubbiness is getting normalised.

I’m 5’8″ but was 13 1/2 stone at the start with the gut to go with it. It’s surprising the amount of people who have said “you don’t look fat” to me.

Tiger6791

What scales do people have?

I live in hope mine are the Prince Andrew Model

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 627 total)

The topic ‘Chub Club 2020’ is closed to new replies.