• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,281 through 2,320 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • dannyh
    Free Member

Yep and this dumbing down of society has happened on our watch…

Meanwhile Joseph, Nikita, Leonid and the rest spin in their graves because Putin has achieved more destabilisation using a few facebook bots and hookers than they managed in 70+ years and billions of roubles.

He just had to wait for the means for the ‘great’ British public to demonstrate their stupidity came along. To be fair to the Vlad, he has played a blinder.

twistedpencil

Thats one way of letting us off the hook dannyh but its still happened on our watch, and doesn’t make me feel any better about it.

scaredypants

Along with his colleague Rees-Mogg, minister for a surprisingly long time ago

Splendid, splendid work !

dannyh
    Free Member

letting us off the hook

Not really.

‘We’ still had to be thick enough to **** it up.

ransos
    Free Member

Edukator is right – naming the guy (I assume it’s a guy) won’t help bring justice.

1. Stuart Hall.
    2. The precautionary principle.

anagallis_arvensis

Edukator is right – naming the guy (I assume it’s a guy) won’t help bring justice.

Its not about justice its about keeping people safe from those in power

Northwind

Yep. If I was arrested and accused of rape, I’d be suspended from my work like a shot, not because crime is bad but because I work in a trusted role and it protects the people I work with. MPs come into contact with all sorts of people in all sorts of situations including some pretty vulnerable folks

But at least he didn’t do anything really bad, like get a job that Boris wanted to give to Chris Grayling.

dannyh
    Free Member

Yep. If I was arrested and accused of rape, I’d be suspended from my work like a shot

Must not be ‘the right sort of chap’ and/or wrong handshake.

Dickyboy

At last some good news about Boris, but have to wait till autumn 😭

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-53662230

joepud
    Free Member

Sorry to change topic, but those that voted Tory im really intrigued how you feel about his “oven ready brexit deal” its starting to look like he hasn’t even been to Waitrose to get the ingredients.  I struggle to let my hate for him cloud my judgment but the mans a moron offering nothing but slogans woefully out of his depth just like his mate over the pond

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^

I can’t see Spitting Image being its former self.

Although the humour wasn’t high-brow, I seriously doubt the ‘great’ british public have the capacity for it now.

It is also being hidden away and hardly anyone watches stuff like this in real time any more.

Plus, I bet Joris and Cumstains will be giving it the ‘I am a good sport’ act in public whilst dropping threats behind the scenes.

My abiding hope is that the creators decide they need to come in with a bang to get the interest up, so give the likes of Joris, Randy Andy et al the full treatment – sort of risking it all on the first roll of the dice.

crazy-legs

I can’t see Spitting Image being its former self.

Although the humour wasn’t high-brow, I seriously doubt the ‘great’ british public have the capacity for it now.

I think satirical comedy has had its day, you genuinely can’t tell what is satire and what is just awful truth now. It used to be amusing to paint politicians as mildly bumbling, ineffectual and a bit dim but now they’re all catastrophically stupid on a daily basis.

Whereas before at least they had the good sense to just shag someone else’s wife or a rentboy and then resign in temporary disgrace now they’re sending the entire country to hell. Can’t really satirise that.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

“oven ready brexit deal” its starting to look like he hasn’t even been to Waitrose to get the ingredients

I think most on this forum are painfully aware he doesn’t even know where Waitrose is, let alone which ingredients are required, or how to prepare them, let alone what an actual oven is or where one would locate such a thing or indeed own a pair of gloves to enable easy pain free use of one.

I expect Cummings, on the other hand, does, but doesn’t care.

dannyh
    Free Member

I expect Cummings, on the other hand, does, but doesn’t care.

All that ****er cares about is his payout from his masters when he facilitates their disaster capitalism by forcing a race to the bottom.

kelvin

Nah… he’s not just after money… there’s lots that he wants to see burn… some he wants to rebuild based on his own delusional ideas about how things should be… some he just wants rid of… I’m glad I’m not a civil servant during these times… but none of us are likely to be unaffected by the changes destruction he’s willing and able to set about making happen… he is literally untouchable right now.

inkster
    Free Member

Yep. Satirical comedy has definitely had its day. It was satirical comedy that got us here in the first place, HIGNFY built the careers of BJ and NF and having not relised its brand of comedy was having the opposite effect to what they intended procced to promote JRM as some quirky national trasure.

Every time Hislop had a dig, Farage would self depreciatingly throw his head back with laughter, all the while counting the wheelbarrow loads of votes that accompanied each barb hurled in his direction.

This has become the defacto mode of response for any budding political villan or would be demagogue. All you have to do to defeat satire is to be beyond satire.

grum
    Free Member

New planning rules – do whatever the hell you want. His developer buddies must be rubbing their hands with glee.

MSP

I can see spitting image working.

Picture borris as a the cowardly lion, making a patriotic speech someone in the audience says something and he runs away and hides. Pan out to cummings/volamort holding broken puppet strings screaming at him to get back and do what he’s told.

Repeat weekly with a current twist to the plot. It wasn’t the specifics of satire from spitting image that made an impact, it was the constant character portrayals, diddy Steele in Owens pocket, the cabinet as slimey yes men, grey Major etc

It would be more powerful in revealing who these people are than the job the media have done, and getting that message through.

I have seen it said on here that Sunak is the only one who is coming out of the current fiasco with any credibility. He is in the job because his predecessor wouldn’t do as Cummings told, and he does, just another sycophant for the puppet master. Spitting image can get that message through where others are failing.

dannyh
    Free Member

New planning rules – do whatever the hell you want. His developer buddies must be rubbing their hands with glee.

Yep. Race to the bottom. As if developers are going to provide ‘affordable’ housing unless someone holds a gun to their heads.

Farmer going out of business? No problem, sell your land to a developer and retire.

Developer rips up the greenfield site to stick as many boxy, overpriced bits of bricks and mortar tat on as possible. Mugs pay over the odds and saddle themselves with mortgages they can’t pay.

Developers avoid ‘brown field’ sites like the plague as they usually have pre existing foundations or drainage that is costly to remove.

Net effect = countryside ruined, village facilities overwhelmed and inadequate, developer minted, developer buys a big country estate for himself and spends the rest of his days fighting against any development within five miles of his lovely country idyll.

Bloody crooks.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Developers avoid ‘brown field’ sites like the plague as they usually have pre existing foundations or drainage that is costly to remove.

Generally not as costly as getting new services / drainage / telecoms infrastructure to a greenfield site, but we won’t let that get in the way of an otherwise good rant.

dannyh
    Free Member

Generally not as costly as getting new services / drainage / telecoms infrastructure to a greenfield site, but we won’t let that get in the way of an otherwise good rant.

Even if that greenfield site is on the edge of an existing settlement?

Versus having to dig out / tunnel through / replace / detoxify foundations and derelict infrastructure from a factory demolished in the 1980s?

Can’t see it myself…..

Dickyboy

detoxify foundations

I was told that the land and development where Brentfords new stadium was built was bought for just £1 – the clean up costs ran into 10’s if not £100m, so toxic land is usually built into the sale price as would other developers costs, so would nullify both your arguments 🤔

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^^

If you were a major developer you would have all sorts of bods pricing stuff like that etc.

If you are one of the smaller ‘have a go heroes’ the current rabble seem to want to encourage one such screwup would bankrupt you.

And they know that farmers are going to be pushed closer to and eventually over the edge too, so prices for easy to rip up greenfield land may well fall.

inkster
    Free Member

Just an example of the kind of shenanigans going on at the moment under this kleptocracy. Its only one example, apparently there’s been no end of multi million pound contracts for PPE awarded to start up companies with zero track record of working in the area but a good track record of being either advisors to the Gov’t or mates of Dom.

Many of these companies have zero track record in anything, having been set up purely to steal public money, the suspension of compettitive tendering due to Covid providing a perfect cloak. As corrupt as Putin or the Lebanese Gov’t.

Kryton57

So how do we stop this?

inkster
    Free Member

Kryton.

Bombers I’m afraid. It’s the only option left.

eskay

Donate to the good law project

colournoise

apparently there’s been no end of multi million pound contracts for PPE awarded to start up companies with zero track record of working in the area but a good track record of being either advisors to the Gov’t or mates of Dom.

Apparently…

£186m to Uniserve. PPE not delivered

£116m to P14 Medical Supplies, with assets of just £145. PPE not delivered

£108m to PestFix, with just 16 employees. PPE not delivered

£107m to Clandeboye Agencies, a sweet wholesaler. Yes, a sweet wholesaler. PPE not delivered.

£40m to Medicine Box Ltd, with assets of just £6000. PPE not delivered.

£48m to Initia Ventures Ltd, which registered itself as “dormant” in March. PPE not delivered.

£28m to Monarch Acoustics, which makes shop furniture. PPE not delivered

£25m to Luxe Lifestyle, which has no employees, no assets, and no turnover. PPE not delivered

£18m to Aventis Solutions, which has total assets of £332. Not a typo, £332. PPE not delivered

£10m to Medco Solutions, incorporated just 3 days after lockdown, with share capital of (not a typo) £2. PPE not delivered.

ctk
    Free Member

This is surely enough to bring down a government?

Poopscoop

Not a chance.

Most people honestly dont care.

A friend is adamant that Boris is/has done great in this crisis. If I told him about those millions above he would just excuse it in some way. He doesn’t care.

inkster
    Free Member

More than simply not caring you have to consider that there’s many who consent to a bit of demagoguery. It’s what those that voted for Johnson voted for. As corrupt and unconstitutional as rhey are, the Government are actng with the consent of the electorate.

The constituency that helped to bring down the red wall by voting Tory exemplify this. They were prepared to vote against their class instincts and economic interests to give consent to a mob that they knew were going to break the rules. For them the ends justify the means regardless of legality or morality.

frankconway

colournoise – you’re wrong to assert that PPE has not been delivered; much has been but – a lot arrived after the peak requirement and is taking up space in warehouses. This calls into question the gov’s use of emergency procurement under the Public Contracts Regs.
    Some of the supplied test certificates are not reliable so stock cannot be safely used.
    Some deliveries have been rejected by NHS testing.
    Much of the warehoused stock hasn’t been tested yet so cannot be issued.
    None of the contracts will provide for any financial redress and are likely to have been let with significant up-front payments.
    Don’t forget Ayanda Capital who received the biggest order at c£250 million as Andrew Mills (see below) said they had existing payment mechanisms in place which implies that he didn’t.
    Mills – adviser to both the Board of Trade and Ayanda – claimed that his company, Prospermill, which was incorporated in Feb 2019 with £100 share capital had ‘…secured exclusive access to the production capacity of a large Chinese factory’.
    I call that a lie and look forward to him proving his statement.

dudeofdoom

I have seen it said on here that Sunak is the only one who is coming out of the current fiasco with any credibility. He is in the job because his predecessor wouldn’t do as Cummings told, and he does, just another sycophant for the puppet master.

Everyone loves the person dishing out the cash,it’ll be a different story a few months after furlough finishes unless the money tree keeps shaking 🙁

dudeofdoom

Most people honestly dont care.

A friend is adamant that Boris is/has done great in this crisis. If I told him about those millions above he would just excuse it in some way. He doesn’t care.

Yep weird, they buy into the ‘dream’ and are blind to what is actually happening.

We’re sat centre stage in the middle of the ‘Emperors New Clothes‘.

grum
    Free Member

As corrupt and unconstitutional as rhey are, the Government are actng with the consent of the electorate.

This is the unfortunate truth. Everyone knew what Boris was, many people knew how dishonest and corrupt vote.leave was, but they still voted for him in droves, and he’s still way ahead in the polls.

One of the richest countries in the world with some of the worst excess deaths from a virus we had plenty of prior warning about, doling out tens of millions to it’s mates to provide non existent PPE to our frontline workers who are crying out for it, while not returning phone calls of companies who actually make PPE.

And we know how much people like admitting they made a terrible, terrible choice…..

This country is in big trouble.

dannyh
    Free Member

This country is in big trouble.

Particularly when it was done by encouraging people to indulge their inner racist/xenophobe.

That genie can’t be put back in the bottle.

What could come next after this current rabble have taken their ill gotten gains and ****ed off overseas is truly frightening.

BillMC

Not a good advert for Oxford. Half of these incompetents have got degrees in PPE.

colournoise

colournoise – you’re wrong to assert that PPE has not been delivered; much has been but

Absolutely. Should have been clearer, they’re not my words. I was quoting from Russ and his #theweekintory tweets. Apologies.

kelvin

Reality is far scarier than art these days…

That photo… needs to be on ledbydonkeys bill boards.

dogbone

Anyone know where Boris is?

I can’t remember the last time I saw him on TV / doing / saying anything.

Perhaps we should send someone around to No. 10 to shout ‘Are you OK?’ through the letterbox.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,281 through 2,320 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.