Viewing 40 posts - 2,241 through 2,280 (of 17,668 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • kimbers

Lists compiled here

Tory sleaze will be water off a ducks back for Johnson, his voters won’t care coz he he ‘got brexit done’ 🙄

dannyh
    Free Member

Chief Whip took no action.

Definitely a prominent Brexiteer, then.

grum
    Free Member

Definitely someone who’s taken the blood oath swearing undying fealty to Emperor Cummings.

mehr
    Free Member

If its who its rumoured to be his Facebook page disappeared overnight. The not suspending him is classic Dom as doing that would be a sign of weakness

On a wider point its been a bug bear of mine for years how MPs are practically immune from the consequences of criminal actions

twistedpencil

I’m not sure how the mafia would treat a capo if accused of this, though they have strict codes of honour so may be they are morally above the tories….

thegreatape
    Free Member

You have a very limited definition of rape in your force, thegreatape. In France any unwanted perentration of the vagina, anus or mouth in a sexual context using any object by either sex is considered rape.

We have other offences in the SOA to cover these things.

kimbers

If its who its rumoured to be his Facebook page disappeared overnight.

Give us a clue?

dannyh
    Free Member

I’m not sure how the mafia would treat a capo if accused of this, though they have strict codes of honour so may be they are morally above the tories….

The difference is really one of goals. The mafia goal is relatively simple.

The tories (although really they are not the traditional conservative party any more) have so many different lies they have to tell to so many different groups, it must be difficult to remember what ‘the party line’ actually is on a given day for a given audience.

You need to assure former Labour voters up t’north that you are going to be doing some ‘levelling up’ whilst also telling Home Counties boomers that you are going to do nothing of the sort. Just one example.

It is why Joris was hidden in the run up to the election, the chances of him being caught in a blatant lie/contradiction were too high.

pondo

Media law dude talks very interestingly about the anonymity of the MP. TL:DR – seems like one newspaper has messed it up for everyone.

martinhutch

If you stupidly publish enough information which hints at a professional relationship between the accused and a potential rape victim, you risk identification. Even if one paper does it but the others haven’t, they are constrained because of the risk of ‘jigsaw identification’ from multiple sources.

BillMC

Joyce McKinney might want to put a few things straight with the Great Ape.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Joyce McKinney

She was the original Louise.

tjagain

The great ape is listing what UK law is. Not a social definition of rape but a legal one. You may not agree with the law but thats what it is ( IIRC)

kilo

Indeed, the SOA, the offence of rape;

(1) A person (A) commits an offence if—

(a) he intentionally penetrates the vagina, anus or mouth of another person (B) with his penis….

BillMC

Mmmmmmmmmmmm, 54yo MP and ex-minister, with an oddly continental sounding name. Marks out of ten?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Marks out of ten?

I hope it is him, he’s the most odious of them all after BJ.

MoreCashThanDash

Do we need to be careful not to get the forum into trouble here?

Not for the MP, but for the victim. It wouldn’t be big and it wouldn’t be clever.

BillMC

You’re quite right but it is all over the internet.

fasthaggis

I don’t care which sleazy Tory it is.
    Today I would rather that Bojo and his mates were asked to give more detail about ..https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/02/secrecy-has-harmed-uk-governments-response-to-covid-19-crisis-says-top-scientist

Riksbar

Is it wrong that I’m disappointed that the allegation could mean the end for one of the best Twitter parody accounts?

pondo

Is it wrong that I’m disappointed that the allegation could mean the end for one of the best Twitter parody accounts

I hear you, hope not.

somafunk

Quite happy to be corrected or informed but why was Alex Salmonds name released in the case against him if it is not in the public interest to release the identity of the little tin pot tory racist “alleged” rapist?.

hels
    Free Member

Because there is a difference between leaked and released – although in the Dominic Cummings regime that line is becoming increasingly blurred.

kimbers

Was Francois ever a minister tho ?

twistedpencil

He was a minister for a surprisingly long time, it appears the rise of populism allowed his true colours to come out in recent years however….

nickc

Is this just wishful thinking, or do folk on here have more knowledge?

somafunk

https://twitter.com/dzforbes/status/1289993883057782785?s=21

dannyh
    Free Member

He was a minister for a surprisingly long time

Department for being a ****?

dannyh
    Free Member

@reluctantjumper

This time we’re the one everyone else is laughing at. It is by pure luck that the US has looked at our efforts to self-destruct and yelled ‘Hold my beer…’ by voting in Trump!

Except they get to reverse their massive racist/xenophobic tantrum after four years. Sure, it will take a bit longer to heal the wounds caused but then…..

If they do turn against Trump in November, it leaves us looking like….tossers.

PrinceJohn

Is it wrong that I’m disappointed that the allegation could mean the end for one of the best Twitter parody accounts?

No – now when people search for him they get the parody account instead…

PrinceJohn

Chief Whips have previous…

A senior whip in the government of the former Tory Prime Minister Sir Edward Heath boasted that he helped Westminster politicians at the time avoid being exposed for “scandals involving small boys”.

Tim Fortescue, a whip under Heath between 1970 and 1973, spoke to the BBC for a documentary entitled “Westminster’s Secret Service”, in which he said the Prime Minister’s Chief Whip kept a little black “dirt book” of MPs’ secrets to maintain political control.

dannyh
    Free Member

^^^^^

You may well think that…..but I couldn’t possibly comment…..

Can someone put up a photo of Ian Richardson playing Francis Urquhart and looking ‘arch’?

dannyh
    Free Member

Edukator
    Free Member
    pistonbroke
    Free Member

When I read “He was minister for a surprisingly long time” I thought that could well be an actual job. The most illustrious incumbent being Chris Grayling.

dannyh
    Free Member

The death of John Hume threw an interesting thought experiment into my head. Back in 1998, what would have happened if Tony Blair had crowed “Got Northern Ireland Done” after the GFA? The vast, vast majority of people would have pilloried him.

Now we have an oaf like Joris in number ten crowing about getting Brexit done when it hasn’t really happened yet (and is obviously to the detriment of the vast majority of the people he ‘represents’). And he won an election by hiding in fridges.

You have to marvel at how far we, as a country, have fallen. It’s pathetic.

Dickyboy

Imagine how much respect Tony Blair would get if he’d persuaded Bush not to go into Iraq 🤔

Northwind

pistonbroke

When I read “He was minister for a surprisingly long time” I thought that could well be an actual job. The most illustrious incumbent being Chris Grayling.

Along with his colleague Rees-Mogg, minister for a surprisingly long time ago

dannyh
    Free Member

Just imagine if an aggressive intellectual featherweight like Priti Patel going into the Maze to negotiate with Republicans and Loyalists!

The place would have been on fire within an hour and both sides would probably have joined forces to launch a combined bombing campaign on the mainland…

twistedpencil

Yep and this dumbing down of society has happened on our watch…

Viewing 40 posts - 2,241 through 2,280 (of 17,668 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.