• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 17,561 through 17,600 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • Twodogs

We don’t know any more than that because somebody (whoever could it be?) has paid for a super-injunction to prevent any further details being published

Or there isn’t, depending on which dubious Twitter (or otherwise) source you believe

binners

I suppose its just perfectly normal in Borisworld to appoint a 29 year old office temp to the House of Lords for life

She’s either his daughter or he’s been boffing her. I imagine its the former or Carrie Antionette might have had a thing to say about the new baroness, because its either one or the other

salad_dodger

…or both.

leffeboy

it’s also pretty horrific that this is the state of uk politics now, there is no embarrassment about this and the party either thinks this is ok or has no choice but to toe the line.  Right at the point where we really need government to be able to govern is it barely able to wipe it’s own arse 🙁

dissonance

How long can you keep a “super injunction” going?

In theory forever.
    However pretty much by definition it cant be a super injunction since if it was then no one would be allowed to say it exists.
    I expect it would be a rather hard sell to a judge as well. Random extra kid then sure a injunction about naming them would be feasible but that kid then getting into the lords would present a rather large public interest argument.

shermer75
    Free Member

zippykona

Signed.

tjagain

signed

doomanic

Signed

twistedpencil

Signed

frankconway

Signed.

duncancallum

see his camping holiday looks like it was more a sailing holiday on his Russian chums yacht

leegee

Signed.

fasthaggis

Signed

eddiebaby
    Free Member

SIGNED.

sillyoldman

Signed

shermer75
    Free Member

Thanks. Obviously, these things don’t work in a vacuum so the more you can spread the petition around on social media the better!

Poopscoop

Done.👍

dyna-ti

Ok, it is fair enough that some are elected to the House of Lords because of long service to the nation they love, and have worked their entire careers towards its betterment.

But this appointment is not just a farce, but it also belittles those who have spent their time in service.

reluctantjumper

It just proves how little respect (as if we needed any more evidence) he holds for the “Great Institution” that is our political system. He just sees it as his personal playset.

She’s either his daughter or he’s been boffing her.

The former is almost guaranteed but I wouldn’t put it past him to have thought about the latter.

MoreCashThanDash

but I wouldn’t put it past him to have thought about the latter.

Going full Trump?

richmars

Does Owen have any children?

moimoifan
    Free Member

Signed. For all the good it will do.

Coyote
    Free Member

Signed although I share moimoifan’s lack of optimism that it will achieve anything.

13thfloormonk

They’ve already ‘explained’ why she was getting it, the fact that their explanation was completely devoid of detail, specifics or even a modicum of respect is by-the-by unfortunately ☹️

Edit: I tell a lie, it’s not an explanation, just a ‘defence’ of her role

““As Boris’s PPS I can confirm Charlotte worked in No 10 as an adviser since February 2021 and did an outstanding job working for the boss,” he said. “She was in the shadows but was a serious player but never wanted to be in the limelight like so many inferior people.”

Heaton-Harris also praised Owen, telling the Times: “She was an outstanding special adviser to me in my role as chief whip jointly with the prime minister. Nobody had their finger on the pulse of the parliamentary party like she did. The House of Lords is a place which needs to reflect the whole of society, and I know she will work hard and make an outstanding contribution.”

intheborders
    Free Member

Signed & donated.

tjagain

300+ signatures already and its starting to appear on facebook!

BillMC

Signed. t does rather make the forelock tuggers look even more ludicrous.

doomanic

I assume there is a Stipend that goes with the honour?

EDIT: I did my own research and it appears to be an unpaid position.

frankconway

No stipend but a daily attendance allowance of £342 can be claimed – this includes overnight & subsistence; other allowable expenses can be reclaimed.
    A few top bods and any gov ministers in the Lords are salaried.
    To claim the daily allowance – turn up, sign in, go for coffee or bucket of claret or abuse the staff to kill some time, leave.
    I don’t believe there’s any requirement to do the tiresome business of sitting in the chamber or participating.
    So…free money.

tjagain

Unpaid in theory.  IN practice very well paid as you get paid every day you sign in as “expenses” as sum that is way above the national average wage – you don’t have to do anything to get this money – no speeches no receipts.  turn up for 5 mins get hundreds of pounds.  Plus cheap food and drink ( subsidised by the taxpayer) plus all those lucrative bribes – I mean non exec directorships / lobby roles etc)

Being in the lords is an easy way to get rich

dissonance

I assume there is a Stipend that goes with the honour?

Which honour are you talking about?
    Whilst they have to turn up every day they do they get up to 332 daily allowance plus travel expenses and subsidised food.
    Dont even need to stay the day but just stick your head in the door.
    So its not a bad “job” to have for life.

nickc

butcher

The Wikipedia page showed that very briefly, without any update to, or verification from sources as far as I can see. May or may not be true, but it’s not really helpful to share unverified info presented as facts.

scuttler

Equally unhelpful to bump someone up to Da Lordz without any transparency or due process. BloJo vanity bringing it upon himself. I really hope he just dies as he’ll never get brought down by any of this. ****.

cookeaa

No stipend but a daily attendance allowance of £342 can be claimed – this includes overnight & subsistence; other allowable expenses can be reclaimed.
    A few top bods and any gov ministers in the Lords are salaried.
    To claim the daily allowance – turn up, sign in, go for coffee or bucket of claret or abuse the staff to kill some time, leave.
    I don’t believe there’s any requirement to do the tiresome business of sitting in the chamber or participating.
    So…free money.

Which over the 150 odd days the Lord’s sit a year works out at about £50k, so not a salary but not, not a salary then 😉

Plus a few extra expense claims and whatever retainer you can score down Tufton street.

She’s a made Woman now…

kimbers
    moimoifan
    Free Member

^^^

Hopefully that stirs things up so Johnson is somehow compelled to refute it.

But, of course, he won’t. He’ll do what he always does – go to earth for a few days then reappear with some **** ramblings in the Daily Hate. Job, jobbed. Morons appeased, dead cat on table, 24 hour ‘tricky spell’ survived.

And, after all, he’s just a bit of a lad, eh?

binners

He’s turbocharged nepotism to a ridiculous degree, hasn’t he?

I know that over the years he’s tried to get every official member of his family into the House of Lords, but if he gets all his illegitimate offspring in too, then they’ll have to extend the building

dyna-ti

Which over the 150 odd days the Lord’s sit a year works out at about £50k, so not a salary but not, not a salary then

Not unusual though to see some of the Lords deep in thought, or are they dozing or even asleep. So why spend your time at home when you can go down the club and live there.

And the chamber is really only a small part of the complex, as there is a restaurant and bars, all with plush wingback seating.

Viewing 40 posts - 17,561 through 17,600 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.