• This topic has 17,658 replies, 680 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by Klunk.
Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 17,659 total)
  • Boris Johnson!
  • Harry_the_Spider

Better still he could have a long reign passing everyone else’s legislation as they ammend everything to death but won’t give him a GE. See how many times we can get “boris is a bawbag” on the statues?

Now that would be hillarious.

There needs to be a Blue Plaque put up opposite his house to remind him of his success on a daily basis.

kimbers

Johnson is likely to be the PM with the shortest tenure in history. He deserves that accolade

Worst BJ I’ve ever had, for sure

Anyway
    Remember when Cameron called a ref to fix the Tories Europe problem once & for all?

Really not panning out well for him !

P-Jay
    Free Member

It’s a strange old day isn’t it.

Here’s a theoretical, MPs appoint the PM, can they do that at any time, or just after a VONC?

Okay, they’re not going to appoint Corbyn, but I reckon if he stepped aside for Tom Watson that could be sold, after a suitably long negotiation of course. Can you imagine TM stepping into No10, calling for Ref2 and putting this shit to bed! (well for a Decade a least, which I believe is how long you need to leave between A50)

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Really not panning out well for him !

Oh I don’t know, watching boris and the ERG bring the whole lot crashing down around their ears whilst comfortably on the side lines is certainly working well for me today.

binners

Any word on Dominic Cummings reaction to the day’s events?

Someone best check on that new puppy in number ten 😂

Cougar

Oh. My God.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2019/06/my-boris-story

This is a longish read, but please don’t stop halfway through as you’ll totally miss the point.

PJM1974
    Free Member

Someone seems to have woken up Magic Grandad. Honestly, for three years or so now I thought that he’d died. He’s all over Boris in PMQs. Bercow is continuing to rip new ones into the deserving.

Flaperon

So it seems that BJ is only capable of shouting, soundbites, and avoiding the question. He’s said “dither and delay” FIVE times now.

On the bright side it’s quite refreshing to see such an unpleasant man squirming in public. He looked angry and uncomfortable.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Heard someone say that he is now leader of BlueKIP…

Klunk
    Free Member

said “dither and delay” FIVE times now.

perhaps it’s maybot 16.0

Cougar

That would imply some sort of improvement.

Klunk
    Free Member

what like Jaws 3 ?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

what like Jaws 3 ?

More like the Archbishop of Lima

kelvin

Oh. My God.

You’re surprised that it’s all an act? That he’s an expert con man? I’m afraid I know people who’ve worked with him… great fun by all accounts… but they had to try and keep him away from anything that matters.

crazy-legs

You’re surprised that it’s all an act? That he’s an expert con man?

Yep, everything about him is a charade, a caricature, an act.
    He just makes stuff up on the fly – his entire career has been built on winging it, lying (or storytelling if you want to give it a slight vein of professionalism).

Making up stories at The Telegraph (all the anti-EU stuff).
    That answer he gave about making and painting cardboard buses. So blatantly untrue that the collective media just rolled their eyes and laughed rather than actually calling him out on it.
    The staged photo of him and his partner – he refused to say when and where it was taken. The whole bluff and bluster act he’s done many times on HIGNFY, interviews, speeches…

No eye for details but can be relied upon to treat everything as a good old joke, some jolly larks and then home in time for tea and medals.

Daffy

@Cougar

Thanks for that.

jam-bo

He says Boris Johnson is shouting at him now. He tells Johnson that the last time Johnson shouted at someone, they had to call the police

ooof.

Cougar

He just makes stuff up on the fly

I was more astonished that it was the opposite – he hadn’t made it all up on the fly, the “making it up on the fly” act was in itself carefully planned.

kelvin

Day 3

nickjb
    Free Member

Cougar

That answer he gave about making and painting cardboard buses.

I cannot possibly think of any reason whatsoever why he might want that story to appear when one googles “boris bus.”

kelvin

the “making it up on the fly” act was in itself carefully planned

You’ve not heard all the stories of him preparing his hair and roughing up his clothes before appearances (he seems to have stopped this since he restarted his leadership bid as it happens)? And him changing into expensive perfect shiny shoes and a better suit after them?

Kryton57

call an election, you great big girl’s blouse

Awesome, you couldn’t make this up!

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I’m not the most politically aware, but used to think Johnson was a scruffy harmless cycling buffoon, stumbling his way through politics, a breath of fresh air who whilst you wouldn’t necessarily agree with his opinions, was at least prepared to take a kicking on HIGNFY.

Over the last few years it’s become apparent that it’s all a calculated act, an opportunist prepared destroy anything in order to further his own career.

Cougar

You’ve not heard all the stories of him preparing his hair and roughing up his clothes before appearances

Oh, of course. But there’s a world of difference between ruffling up your hair before you go on stage, and having a calculated and word-for-word scripted plan to do what he did in that story.

perchypanther
    Free Member

But there’s a world of difference between ruffling up your hair before you go on stage, and having a calculated and word-for-word scripted plan to do what he did in that story.

He’s the Milton Jones of politics.

akira

Bit unfair to compare that mop haired, one liner, poorly dressed, wacky fool to Milton Jones.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Yeah. Milton Jones is much, much cleverer.

kelvin

The oldest joke formats are the best. Well done folks… made me chuckle.

outofbreath
    Free Member

The oldest joke formats are the best.

You listened to Paul Sinha’s gen knowledge last night! 🙂 (Which is a good thing IMHO.)

kelvin

I did. You got me. Enjoying the series.

Anyway…

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

He just makes stuff up on the fly

I was more astonished that it was the opposite – he hadn’t made it all up on the fly, the “making it up on the fly” act was in itself carefully planned

He is not simply a buffoon.
    Nor is he a clever man pretending to be a buffoon.
    It appears he is actually a buffoon, pretending to be a slightly different type of buffoon.

Cougar

That makes sense. If he acts the idiot with just enough clues for people to think that it’s all an act, maybe they won’t realise that he’s actually an idiot. Double-bluff, sort of thing.

dissonance

It appears he is actually a buffoon, pretending to be a slightly different type of buffoon.

There is the Ian Hislop quote
    “Boris Johnson, people always ask me the same question, they say, ‘Is Boris a very very clever man pretending to be an idiot?’ And I always say, ‘No.'”.

neilthewheel

A cunning double-bluffoon then.

BadlyWiredDog

He is not simply a buffoon.
    Nor is he a clever man pretending to be a buffoon.

He hid it so well. No-one had any inkling that he might be a bumbling, narcissistic sociopath.

The problem with our political system is that it promotes these traits and people can’t tell the difference between genuine intelligence and a veneer of posh rote learning.

If you want to feel slightly more positive about politics, watch Jess Philips’ speaking in last night’s debate; not public-school educated or faux erudite, just genuine, articulate, passionate, bright, incisive and in touch with the interests of the people she represents. An absolute star.

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

double-bluffoon

chapeau

dissonance

Poor cops. Made to wait for an hour and then have him dribble on.

kelvin

This speech is amazing.

Sounds like the dying days of his time in office already.

Footage of this needs to be on every news bulletin for as long as possible this evening. Show it uncut if possible. So poor. He sounds done.

tomhoward

****! ****! ****! ****!

He’s just (well, earlier this aft) walked down my high street in Morley! I was there earlier today (and live 5mins away), had I known/if I hadn’t come home to put frozen stuff in the freezer I could have given him my opinions!

Bollocks!!!

Viewing 40 posts - 1,041 through 1,080 (of 17,659 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.