Home Forums Bike Forum Bizarre logo coincidence? Rich Energy and Whyte Bikes

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 647 total)
  • Bizarre logo coincidence? Rich Energy and Whyte Bikes
  • ampthill

Maybe the bit we see is him promising money to sports teams.

In the back ground he’s promising huge returns to private backers who believe in him as his logo is on something they’ve heard of

leffeboy

The Wolf Jerky tweets are great. It looks like he has 5 packets on a string and runs round shops hooking them on the displays and quickly taking photos 🙂

nickc

If you go to Compainies House; Rich Energy is dormant. So who’s he trading as?

EDIT found him: Lightning Volt..Appears to have a winding up order against it 

Jamze

All OMG’s fault he says 🤥

cheers_drive

William Storey is the one in the white shirt wearing shoes.

😆

Jamze

JH: Thanks again for your prompt and open responses, Richard.

WS: William

JH: Correct.

lol

big_scot_nanny

That made me laugh too, good job interviewer 👍

nickc

Excellent, it’s fascinating watching a sociopath like this when it has no impact on your own life, It must be hell if you’re somehow tangled up with Storey or folks like him.  The Judge’s comments about him at the end of the ATB sales trail gives an insight in to how much weight we should all put on his version of events.

joefm

he’s a decent journo. exposed a lot of that Norton/Stuart Garner stuff.

I can’t believe that Storey is still getting away with it

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

What’s the Zimbabwe, tabacco and other strangeness he mentions? I knew of the F1 sponsorship and his vegan-cheese-sick-tattoo business but not the others, colour me intrigued.

Sorry wrong con man.

nickc

There’s a back story that suggests he bought* a tobacco farm in Zimbabwe at a knock down price and flipped making quite a few millions in the process. Some have speculated that all the money he invested as “Rich Energy” is just his own cash, and I think the deal is, get the exposure to dive the sales of the product. Which is all fine and OK, but he appears to be a wingnut, with no real idea of how to run an actual business, y’know; supply chains, logistics, HR, employment, all that dull shit that needs doing, so there’s that….

* he bought shares in one, as a non Zimbabwean, he wasn’t allowed the own the farm, so there was probs some financial jiggery-pokery

funkrodent

But then OMG seemed to morph into RE OMG and did the drinks stuff too, until yesterday. Which I thought you couldn’t do, you can’t just move your stock and IP to another firm and carry on?

In my world of work (publishing) there’s a guy who for years has had an operating model whereby all the IP of his websites etc are held by a standalone holding company. He then sets up an operating company that buys a temporary licence to use said products and IP. The operating company runs up a VAT and PAYE debt that doesn’t trigger the threshold for a proper hmrc investigation (£300k apparently) at which point he liquidates it and the next day a new operating company appears. Apparently he pays his suppliers scrupulously.

He’s been doing it for years, through God knows how many iterations. Banned from being a company director until the end of time, but just finds proxies to act for him and carries on regardless. Must have saved millions over the years.

I agree that RE sounds like an investor scam. I can also see how the get money, put (some) of it into team. Agree separate deal for team to pay your separate consulting company half of that money in cash (or somesuch) could work. Team get sponsorship money, you get dosh through the backdoor to spend on male grooming products, investor gets a haircut

Jamze

So it gets weirder. Storey has nothing to do with the BSB team, despite posting about it for years and announcing a contract ending?!

v7fmp

incredible stuff. the plot continues to thicken!

tomhoward

That’s just saying they are sponsored by a company entity, not an individual. Eg being sponsored by Red Bull, not Dietrich Mateschitz.

Jamze

But there looks to be two company entities, the one Storey pretends sponsors OMG and a BTCC Team etc. (with the website under construction) and the legit company (that has a working website and sells it on Amazon).

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

That all seems very wierd.

Is this related to when Storey and RE had a falling out over who owned the company and who had control over the Twitter account (which seemed to be their only asset).

Jamze

Sounds like a similar situation to what happened at the end of the Haas deal. Storey has gone rogue but doesn’t actually have any formal control over the company that holds the sponsorship contracts + distribution rights for the drink, so they’re trying to distance themselves from him and carry on regardless.

big_scot_nanny

So, this guy is just completely off the handle then? Why was he photographed with the riders if he is not RE?

WTAF IS GOING ON?!?!?

In other news: did Whyte get their money? (I still loved reading the court report from that case that one of you posted earlier in the thread, just glorious)

the-muffin-man

This bloke is the director of RichOMG Limited!…

the-muffin-man

Soon to be registered at Companies House…

Rich WTAF Energy Limited.

🙂

Jamze

So…

‘OMG Racing LTD’ (director Alan Lowe, £2M in debt) is sponsored by

‘Rich OMG LTD’ (director Alan Lowe, £1M in debt)

Hmmm.

Looks like an attempt to continue the business of a liquidated company through a proxy that has gone sour.

scud
    Free Member
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sounds a little like the original red bull. There’s the Thai company that owns “Red Bull” (Storey) and theres the Austrian Red Bull you actually know about (RichOMG) that owns the rights to sell something called red bull (Rich Energy) in the rest of the world?

thols2

As far as I can tell, Storey posted this today. WTF does he think he’s achieving with these antics?

nickc

fantasists gonna fantasise…

budgierider67

He does have driving skillz…

shermer75
    Free Member

As far as I can tell, Storey posted this today. WTF does he think he’s achieving with these antics?

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that’s not him in the F1 car

joefm

Made my day

intheborders
    Free Member

Exposure?

Just because we’re talking about the story doesn’t mean that he can’t be lining up his next ‘victim’ – remember some folk still think Johnson got Brexit done…

thepodge
    Free Member

I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that’s not him in the F1 car

There’s a comment lower down suggesting it is him but from 2019 when he claimed to be doing something similar but it looks like it was a paid for track day.

Jamze

Schoolboy error in the Jag. Left traction control on.

‘Faster than most of the professional drivers’ in the F1 car 🙂

Getting silly now…

boblo
    Free Member

Still using the Whyte logo I see…

bruneep

nickc

Christ, it’s pathetic, when do we get to the point when the statements just say “well, my dad can beat your dad and you smell of cabbage and wee”

Jamze

BSB are ignoring him too.

shermer75
    Free Member

Haha!

bails

He’s back to buy a football club!

Jamze

Weird how most of his acquisition attempts end up with the lawyers.

Mike Ashley, who’s bought the stadium I think, has links to Storey, doesn’t he?

matt_outandabout

“…an industrial group providing significant support…”

Aye, so Rich Energy then…?

Viewing 40 posts - 601 through 640 (of 647 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.