Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 647 total)
  • Bizarre logo coincidence? Rich Energy and Whyte Bikes
  • boblo
    Free Member

C’mere there’s more. I for one, am shocked and stunned:

Twittery stuff…

ogden
    Free Member

Fake Twitter account.

boblo
    Free Member

Ah well, we can only hope. As you were… 🙃

sowler
    Free Member
    markgraylish
    Free Member

He’s back…in the news anyway.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formula-1/f1-max-verstappen-michael-masi-26222779

I feel dirty for clicking that link.😠

mboy
    Free Member

Just when you thought it was safe…

He really is the gift that keeps on giving! 😂

dirkpitt74

So who’s going to be adorned in the cool colours and logo……

martymac

‘Claimed’ to have a meeting with f1 engineers
    He’s made a lot of claims though, most of which are unproven.

Dickyboy

I feel dirty for clicking that link.😠

Doubly so given the amount of clicks to escape from their clutches 😡

thepurist

So who’s going to be adorned in the cool colours and logo……

I posted in the F1 thread that Williams may well be revealing a black and gold livery tomorrow…

… they’ve signed Duracell as a sponsor.

Jamze

… they’ve signed Duracell as a sponsor.

A few teasers on Twitter show some black/gold + blue. Top marks for them bringing black/gold back instead of RE. Wasn’t it Storey who failed to show up at a meeting with Claire Harris and her mgt team?

Weirdly, RE is claiming to be sponsoring the Jamaican bobsleigh team at the Olympics…where branding isn’t allowed AFAIK.

thols2

I feel dirty for clicking that link.

Yep

paton
    Free Member

Bizarre logo coincidence?
    High Peak Autos
    https://www.youtube.com/c/HighPeakAutos
    Rocky Mountain Bikes

v7fmp

i see Rich are now sponsoring a BTCC team…

Rich Energy BTC Racing

core

I saw this the other week and couldn’t find the thread to post! The saga continues… Anyone ever got hold of a can yet?

core

They’re sponsoring a BSB team too:

BSB Team

thepodge
    Free Member

I’ve still not seen a can of this yet but I did see a truck on the M1 with the back doors painted up as a Rich energy advert, the curtain sides were for a totally different company.

Jamze

Remember this guy? It looks like he’s repeated his scam with the OMG BSB team – even though they are 1st and 5th in the standings at the mo, not even halfway through the season.

v7fmp

Rich energy is now available….. unless you go to the website, which is under construction.

Incredible how some ‘businesses’ keep on trucking.

the-muffin-man

Rich energy is now available….. unless you go to the website, which is under construction.

Can you imagine Red Bull having anything under construction! The finest detail will have been thought about, focus grouped and perfected before launch.

He really is a shyster of the highest order. But there must be some really gullible people funding him.

Jamze

His business model reminds me of ‘The Producers’. Not actually about the white-label product, all about investors.

MSP

But there must be some really gullible people funding him.

I thought the rumour was that it is a money laundering operation.

joefm

have to wonder how many teams actually get sponsorship funds from Rich Energy. I’d certainly be wary of working with them with their history

sharkattack

Whatever he’s up to I can’t believe that he’s not under very close scrutiny by people who know about these things. I can’t wait until the truth comes out.

In the meantime, I can’t believe anyone in motorsport, at any level, would believe a word he says, take his dodgy money or cover themselves in his stolen logo.

Jamze

I’m guessing the sponsorship of BTC Racing will ‘end’ before the season is finished too. Let’s see.

kilo

I can’t believe anyone in motorsport, at any level, would believe a word he says once they see him in the flesh. He looks like a vagrant who has been living in a ditch and not in an ironic hipster way buts a probably lice ridden and drinks meths manner.

scuttler

Textbook example of resilience (or more likely narcissism). How this guy and this thread keep getting resurrected is utterly beyond me (although I have indirectly contributed by contributing here).

Begrudging respect…

intheborders
    Free Member

Ooft, I wonder how much the team is down on cash ‘promised’…

https://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news-detail/rich-energy-announce-withdrawal-from-british-superbikes

thols2

From that link above:

Storey has been circling around the sponsorshiop/purchase of Sunderland FC in recent months, so be may be freeing up cash for that. Or it might be a load of old cock.

funkrodent

Storey has been circling around the sponsorshiop/purchase of Sunderland FC in recent months, so be may be freeing up cash for that. Or it might be a load of old cock.

From that bikesport article. Methinks they might be onto him! He’s a piece of work though eh?

Money laundering has been mentioned, but I don’t see how that would work. You can’t not put money into sponsorship and then get it back and declare it clean..

Certainly very, very odd. Still trying to buy a can of the black stuff..

Jamze

Yes, can’t see how you can launder money if you don’t convert it to something.

Is it as simple as just supporting a ‘playboy’ lifestyle? Launch events. trips abroad, hanging out at motorsport events then bail/liquidate, ignore your debts + creditors and then repeat?

Will catch up with him eventually.

shermer75
    Free Member

Money laundering relies on cash transactions to make it work. Once the money is in the system it is effectively laundered already

scuttler

If he was offering me a sponsorship deal I’d be asking for cash up front.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Money laundering relies on cash transactions to make it work. Once the money is in the system it is effectively laundered already

Depends who’s laundering it?

But I can’t imagine Gunther was really Heisenberg and using RE to channel the funds into the HAAS team.

cookeaa

Money laundering has been mentioned, but I don’t see how that would work. You can’t not put money into sponsorship and then get it back and declare it clean..

Is it not also wise to use a business with less visibility? Ideally in the service sector? Not that I’m a money laundering expert (that would make a great website).

Using a company with a “product” means you should have manufacturing and distribution costs and , unless of course you’re not really making the product (ahem). Sponsorship is a similarly odd choice, the fraud office are going to notice if he keeps signing deals where he has none of the capital.

I suppose it could be a Debt laundering scam, he takes out loans as RE, uses that to pay Teams (for a bit) and on the other side of things bills them for some sort of non-existent service or cans of unicorn piss… Of course RE should eventually declare bankruptcy right?, But they just keeps turning back up…

It is sort of fascinating, it’s only my own moral compass and a desire not to risk jail that keeps me from wanting to do the same thing defraud a banks and some sporting teams and make myself a million quid from nothing.

sharkattack

Is it as simple as just supporting a ‘playboy’ lifestyle? Launch events. trips abroad, hanging out at motorsport events then bail/liquidate, ignore your debts + creditors and then repeat?

It might be this simple. Just a massive ego trip.

it’s only my own moral compass and a desire not to risk jail that keeps me from wanting to do the same thing defraud a banks and some sporting teams and make myself a million quid from nothing.

Do you need a business partner?

intheborders
    Free Member

Is it not also wise to use a business with less visibility? Ideally in the service sector? Not that I’m a money laundering expert (that would make a great website).

Visible?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10853107/Huge-tax-probe-launched-American-candy-stores-Londons-Oxford-Street.html

Jamze

Of course RE should eventually declare bankruptcy right?, But they just keeps turning back up…

I think they did, still being liquidated at the moment. If I’m reading it right they owe £6M + £54M to creditors?

But then OMG seemed to morph into RE OMG and did the drinks stuff too, until yesterday. Which I thought you couldn’t do, you can’t just move your stock and IP to another firm and carry on?

DougD

He also seems to have this Wolf Jerky business on the go, though as with Rich Energy good luck getting hold of the stuff: Wolf Jerky

Jamze

I think the company that did the white-label production for that Wolf Jerky stuff posted on Twitter at some point saying it was a v. small production run. So you make a few thousand of a product, make it hard to get hold of, but try and promote it as if it was a big deal and get backers?

He also has a Xerox print shop and an IT services firm.

Viewing 40 posts - 561 through 600 (of 647 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.