Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,336 total)
  • IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?
  • rs
    Free Member

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Some very dodgy behaviour from the (supposed) seller here.
    [and I’m on the thread…]

-m-
    Free Member

You can’t track stuff until it’s been delivered – what’s the point in that?

Dreadful isn’t it? If only they called it something like…oh, I don’t know… Recorded Delivery… that way it would be clear to everyone that it was a service that provided a record of delivery.

Oh no, I’ve only gone and posted on this thread as well :-O

thepurist

-m- it doesn’t even provide proof of delivery when your postie just leaves your “Recorded Delivery” package hanging out of your letterbox when you’re away for the weekend and any passing scally could wander off with your goods. According to the tracking system the package that I found sticking out of the door on Sunday night is still in transit to me. I thought they were meant to stick a card through your door and take it back to the post office, or do they just do that when they can’t be arsed to even bother knocking on the door?

… and I’m on the thread!

atlaz
    Free Member

They take it back to the depot for me unless we leave a note telling them not to.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Thread newbies 🙄

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

The recorded delivery thing dont matter in this case as the goods have not been sent! For once RM have done nothing wrong!

willy
    Free Member

come on lets get this to £1000

willy
    Free Member

oo err £1000 dont think so, ahem 1000…

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Isn’t it already well over £1000?

richpips
    Free Member

Plaintiff’s money

Listening to

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I know it sounds vigilante but I would be driving down to Plymouth if I was out of pocket by a significant amount. I very nearly did when a certain forum member dissappeared with my wheels and my cash! It took a stern phone call to his home number (which I *ahem* found) to sort things out.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Andyhilton, not that simple in this case mate but glad you got your money back 🙂

Andyhilton
    Free Member

I realise. I feel so frustrated for everybody involved. I’ve always felt that this community could be trusted (I was here pre-hack) and have always bought and sold with confidence.

There needs to be some sort of qualification before you can sell. Wether this is a certain number of posts or time frame (where you actively post)to qualify yourself I don’t know, but I would certainly welcome something for the protection of buyers and sellers.

Maybe somebody uses another forum where they have a feeback system or some other system that works.

hitman
    Free Member

been following the thread and am quite exhausted by it all
    just out of interest pimpmyride, why can’t you visit Lee Anderson – is it distance, lack of details or some other reason?

hitman
    Free Member

forgot to say, I’m on the post 🙂

fatblokeattheback
    Free Member

Pk-ripper, ygm.

Before you all ask, no I did not.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

hitman, I thought you had read the thread??
    I did sort a visit out but did it the right way 🙂
    Others are not so lucky and its now being sorted off this thread.

I must say though i’m still proud of how all of us involved handled this as in the future when we look back at it all other members will know what we are all about 🙂

hitman
    Free Member

Pimpmyride
    Sorry I did read it but obviously forgot you managed to resolve your problem – I think you sent a friend who lived in the area?
    In that case why don’t the others do likewise?
    Anyway to everyone involved, I hope you get your money back asap – good luck

dooosuk
    Free Member

Is Pat coming today?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

a some of the forums i post on wont let you start a thread untill youve posted a certain number of replies. And won’t let you post in the classifides untill you’ve started a certain mnumber of threads that generated replies.

julianwilson
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member

a some of the forums i post on wont let you start a thread untill youve posted a certain number of replies. And won’t let you post in the classifides untill you’ve started a certain mnumber of threads that generated replies.

on xcracer.com you have to put in your race results with the ad so people know who you are and that they could find you at a race (and so the moderators are also sure who you are i guess). Obviously my race results are so deplorable i never post anything for sale there.

On that basis, perhaps for here you should at least have to have posted a photo of your bike leaning against a trig point.

😉

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

UPDATE ON THE SPRING:

erm… OK so a parcel was indeed waiting at the sorting office for me.

..however instead of the Ti coil (£105) I have been posted a complete new AIR shock (worth about £500 as it’s for the FXR).

When IWH contacted me from the Sea Otter we discussed the possibility of me getting the Air shock for about £280 but I declined as I couldn’t really afford it at the time….even though I really wanted one.

He’s enclosed a polite note explaining that he managed to negotiate an end-of-sea otter price.

I’m hugely confused, especially at getting £280 worth of goods for £105!

Thought I’d update you all since you asked me about the spring..

: edited the value of spring as it’s a lot cheaper out there like

grumm
    Free Member

Hmm…

Maybe you should sell it, buy a Ti coil, then give the rest of the money to the people still owed. 😉

crispybacon
    Free Member

So RRR gets more than he’s bargained for & the other poor guys are still waiting for their goods/refunds ……….. you couldn’t make this up 😆

FFS IWH do the right thing & sort this out you plonker….

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

This is getting very surreal now.

So, RRR has got more than he wanted and nobody else has anything?

WackoAK
    Free Member

RopeyReignRider – you have pics to prove this of course?

grumm
    Free Member

Maybe this is his reward for consistently defending IWH? 😛

KINGTUT
    Free Member

He’s enclosed a polite note explaining that he managed to negotiate an end-of-sea otter price.

I’m hugely confused, especially at getting £500 worth of goods for £105!

Thought I’d update you all since you asked me about the spring..

No one is going to believe that, I’d post up a photo of it with the note and the wrapping If I were you, I imagine you’ll get flamed otherwise.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

How about a picture of you & IWH in the same room holding a copy of todays paper?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

(that was going to be my last post)

I can put a piccy up tonight if you like?

I’m confused, just confused :-S

grumm
    Free Member

end-of-sea otter price? A special rate for otters who travel to the end of the sea?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

The skeptic in me thinks that the RRR situation seems a bit fishy.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

I call BS……. very fishy

julianwilson
    Free Member

Andyhilton, yesterday 🙂

Sorry Andy, any excuse to lighten a thread with a daft fellow countryman!

But yes a whole shock instead of a spring is well wierd.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

So what’s the Spankmonkey = CAD in the tag’s? lost me…..

I found a hobby though.. Taunting Hora 🙂

MrAgreeable

Do they actually sell bike stuff at the Sea Otter Classic?

atlaz
    Free Member

end-of-sea otter price? A special rate for otters who travel to the end of the sea?

Now IWH is not content with nicking money he’s now made a semi-acquatic mammal extinct?!

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Do they actually sell bike stuff at the Sea Otter Classic?

No, but they have stuff lying around on tables, ahem..

MrAgreeable

My guess is that IWH had the shock already (perhaps it even came with the frame) and has sent it to you in the hope of avoiding a visit from the boys.

Viewing 40 posts - 841 through 880 (of 1,336 total)

The topic ‘IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?’ is closed to new replies.