Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,336 total)
  • IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?
  • MrOvershoot

Ton is indeed a top seller, likes to go wild with the box tape too 😉

IWH I can’t understand why you can’t give an up front reason for all the delays, someone mentioned “family medical” issues?
    Now I’m not being funny but unless you & your family have been placed in isolation due to some strain of the plauge what could possibly mean you can’t spare 5 minutes a day to go to the post office?

mrman
    Free Member

IWH i may have had another email from you but ive not had the phone, it was another email full of excuses. You can visit a forum, you can email me, but you cant “dig out” the tracking number that will let me know if your actually being truthfull that you sent the phone 1st class registered on tuesday like you said. i feel a visit comming on

sc-xc

Ziggy/Podge…mail me on scblurxc@googlemail.com

hora
    Free Member

Seems to me that somebody needs to spend less time on the forum and more time down at the post office.

Amen and soo many online parcel companies collect now.

Refunds.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Chakaping and KINGTUT, I understand your comments on why should I thank him for a refund when I had to get someone to visit his house but threatening him and going nuts wasn’t the first thing on my mind but getting a refund was.
    I tried my absolute hardest to keep the sale and to give him the benefit of the doubt to start with but it was obvious there was some serious issues and that I wouldn’t be receiving the forks and brakes.
    I still can’t understand why all these people including me have paid all this money out and received nothing yet he keeps emailing us back and giving excuses, whilst this doesn’t seem like the normal behaviour of a typical scammer it is some what strange and damn annoying.

I was merely trying to point out that although I had a damn nightmare with this person and I wouldn’t ever buy off here again unless I was 100% sure I have to say that I have honestly received a refund and i’m just happy its over for me so as i’m a nice guy I thanked him, don’t confuse this with me being totally ok about it because i’m not!

I do however feel sorry for all those involved still waiting for parcels and refunds and really hope you all get sorted.
    I still can’t get my head around what has happened and i’m still really p****d off with the whole thing as I have now bought new forks and brakes off SDH forum and asked the poor lad who I am paying for his landline number work address and work phone number! that is just plain stupid as the poor lad thinks i’m doubting his honesty and all this is because of IWH not sending parcels or giving refunds.

And as for people suggesting threats and beating him up well thats just not going to help especially considering some comments are from people who havn’t bought anything from him??

Next time I will only buy something off someone who has been a member for at least 12 months and can be backed up by multiple users, the problem is we all live in a bit of a lets trust anyone world and this time its backfired BIG TIME! we are all human beings at the end of the day and this forum relys on a certain degree of trust so lets try and keep it that way eh 😉

Mods are you going to update us on what you make of all this?

IWH lets hope you sort this out as there are some seriously p****d off people now!

clubber
    Free Member

off someone who has been a member for at least 12 months

Bit of a problem with the new forum only having been going since Xmas – it did used to work…

ton

And as for people suggesting threats and beating him up well thats just not going to help

bit harsh on my side maybe, but i still think this bnloke is ripping people…………………
    also this is a forum where things are disscused. if you do not want them to be, do not post them……….. 😀

firestarter
    Free Member

i now look up the buy and sell posts of a possible seller if i dont know the username the change in forum didnt help but nowt could be done about that

hora
    Free Member

Im very wary of bigname/expensive kit that seems to sell really fast normally suddenly popping up from a newly registered STW’er (or recent/few posts). Its happened a few times this year- Fox forks going cheap etc. All it takes is a kid to do abit of research on what sells fast on here and hey presto you have instant free money.

Gary_M
    Free Member

This is one of the main reasons I very seldom buy from the classifieds, unfortunately you just don’t know who you can trust any more. No offence to the majority of trustworthy folk on here. Anything I do buy that I don’t trust 100% I’ll pay by cheque and at least I get the sellers address.

As for ‘Mikey_M’, well I have to say I am not in the least bit surprised. I was criticised for questioning his ‘got to pay the rent’ thread, even when I pointed out that it just seemed very dubious people kept giving him money.

mrman
    Free Member

yeah did the research as IWH has a high post count on here and on bikemagic

njee20
    Free Member

The thing I find odd is that this isn’t someone who’s popped up, sold a load of stuff and disappeared, he’s a prolific poster on here and on Bike Magic, where, as said previously, he’s actually organised a trip to Scotland, paid for a coach and all sorts. The 2 don’t really go hand in hand.

Doesn’t help you get your stuff, but it makes me think he’s someone who’s just habitually preoccupied rather than someone who’s actually out to rip people off.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Actually looking over that ‘Mikey_M give me your money’ thread it’s quite amusing/shocking how gullible some folk are.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

ton… I hear you mate, I probably could of worded it a little better sorry but I don’t want to get into a heated debate with you mate i’m just really p****d off 🙂
    As for the 12 month user rating yeah stupid me I forgot about the hacking problem messing up everyones history!
    The main message I was trying to get across was maybe all involved should try the route I took and if that doesn’t work then its up to you what you do, i’m just saying that constant emailing, ringing him every day and getting someone to go round to his house worked but believe me I nearly gave up!

Yes this is the place to discuss issues like this as a forum is afterall an oppurtunity for people to say what they want and when they want but I also think that a certain degree of tact is appropriate if you are indeed considering going round to his house.

mrman
    Free Member

njee20 yes i completely agree, it just doesnt make sense inless he is just trying to carry on one big scam. Its just anoying!

uplink
    Free Member

IWH – you may well have some family issues & concerns that are taking up your attention at the moment
    But, instead of making lengthy posts here – why not just log onto your Paypal account & refund everything?
    It would probably take less time

You’ve made all sorts of claims to people you owe money to ‘it was posted Tuesday’ ‘I’ve lost the tracking number’ etc. etc.

You strike me as what my old mum used to call a confusionist

HTTP404
    Free Member

My experience of Mikey_M is he spins a good story. I was probably lucky to receive something in the end.

Seems like he’s spun a few more since, the one raising rent money is a classic, but i’ve also seen ones raising cash for insurance on other forums.
    And apparently he’s hospitalized after a motorbike accident. lol. 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

That’s a good point mrman, he’s welcomed money for the Bike Magic coach trip, one doesn’t want to feel ill of people, but you begin to wonder if that’s rubbish too. Would someone this lax really stump up in advance the several hundred pounds on the back of a ‘count me in’ from a forum.

AlasdairMc

thepodge – sorry for the late response, but it’s definitely him.

Facebook conveniently lets you search for people by their email address, and this Michael McMahon has a photo of someone riding a jump bike as their avatar.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

In the interest of balance I’d like to point out that I recently
    bought an expensive frame from IWH which was delivered very quickly indeed.

The guy’s been nothing but helpful to me and went way beyond on the call of duty in helping me set up my shock / solve a problem I had (one I caused myself). This was before IWH personal issues as I understand it.

I can appreciate people’s frustrations I really can. However, I’d like to make it clear that he’s not a serial scammer as people seem to suggest.

To be honest I think we should give the guy a bit of a break; as it’s being mentioned he’s organised a group road trip on BikeMagic, at his own expense. He’s certainly not in the business of ripping people off.

chakaping
    Free Member

pimpmyride – Sorry if my post came over like I was having a pop at you.

You got the result you wanted while other people are still left hanging, so your patience and diplomatic skills do you proud.

I’d have lost my rag ages ago and spoken my mind – and probably still be out of pocket. I take it far more personally if somebody tries to rip me off on STW than on ebay or somewhere – because everything is done on trust on here.

In fact when faced with an STWer ignoring my emails after sending me the wrong item I did tell him what I thought of his conduct and he decided to take offence.

You can still refund me if you like Snaps, and have your useless bashring back. But you’d obviously rather keep my £15.

thepodge
    Free Member

AlasdairMc, thanks for the info, apparently he is answering some people’s emails, maybe those who he knows live closer to him than I do so i’m dubious of the in hospital after a bike crash claim.

I’d kinda prefer to keep him out of my facebook area but I’ll look into it as a last resort.

Jamie
    Free Member

uplink:

….instead of making lengthy posts here – why not just log onto your Paypal account & refund everything….

A+

lungman

If this is the guy that used to be called bigdutch, also an anderson lee how was selling an Iphone last year DO NOT BUY any thing from him as he will never deliver and use excuse after excuse then drop of the face of the planet. He is a Crook and I’m still £200 down. If not then I appologise but too much of a coincidence I think

hora
    Free Member

Oh, lungman more info

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh and now do mods think a rep system for one of the biggest cycle classifieds sites on the web, serving the UK, is a half decent idea?

mrman
    Free Member

yes lungman more info, i bought an iphone from him which is where this has all come from

hora
    Free Member

Like a McDonalds namebadge star system?

Lungman- more info!

uplink
    Free Member

You don’t need the mods to introduce a system

Any seller could simply provide names of other members as references

EDIT: I don’t [personally] think any system is necessary

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

If IWH really is in the business of ripping people off then why did he not take the £700 I gave him for my frame and do a runner?

lungman

Last year Bigdutch (Lee Anderson-scott) advertised a 8GB iphone jailbroken if wanted £200 posted, paid by paypay. Long delay in sending as work and relationship problems and when sent never recieved, no tracing number used. Tryed to get a refund but his paypal account was on hold due to being investigated. By the time I wised up too late for paypal to intervene and then he vanished, didn’t help all user names changed at the end of the year. May not be the same bloke but too many similarities to be a coincidence. Shame as prior and since then no problem at all but it does make you far less trusting and I hope that no one I do buy from takes any offence if I asks lots of questions and extra info. I was also contacted during the fiasco as someone else was having a similar problem. So i’ve written off £200 and hope to learn from the experience but it leave a nasty taste in one s mouth.

thepodge
    Free Member

uplink – You don’t need the mods to introduce a system

Any seller could simply provide names of other members as references

EDIT: I don’t [personally] think any system is necessary

I also agree that no system is needed, its just a couple of rotten apples spoiling it all.

Junkyard
    Free Member

touches wood never been ripped of on the forum but some have taken a long time to post

ton

and some deliver the same day………….. 8)

mrman
    Free Member

sounds very similar

basonjillett
    Free Member

Just to add my two penneth i had a set of Pike 454 airs from Lee.
    There were some issues firstly when i pay pal’d the money he couldn’t pick it up for some reason this was returned to me pretty much immediatelyand in full
    I had all the contact details phone number adress and everything i was going to post a cheque but to save time i was given Lee’s account details in full,held my breath and paid in the cash.
    The delivery was delayed for various reasons on wich i had various opinions ,however i did start to worry as i had an event comming up and had rebuilt the front wheel with a different axle
    On NO occasion were my emails or phone calls rejected or ignored we had plenty of chats on the phone
    The forks arrived in the knick of time and were absolutely as promised pretty much brand new.
    Now i was very worried at one point, your mind does start to fear you have been shafted luckily i hadn’t been .
    I am relly not that interested in other peoples problems because doing your dirty washing in public doesn’t really help but in the interest of balance i thought i would share my thoughts

uplink
    Free Member

Lungman – Small Claims court

Something like £17 all in, don’t let people get away with it or they’ll continue to do it

I’ll tell you what – I’ll give you the first quid towards the 17

Hang on a minute – that’s like using the same system as Mikey Mouse [or whatever he’s called] used to scam money of folks on here – is that irony?

Anyway, the offer stands

grumm
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound like he is a scammer to me – just useless and possibly not always being honest to try and cover up his uselessness.

Jamie
    Free Member

So going off all these posts, IWH just likes the attention as opposed to ripping people of financially? I am confused.

mrman
    Free Member

im confused too and i started the posts! IWH still no tracking number though. I think if you want to scam people a few items turning up will carry on the confusion so people dont quite know where they are. Lee is either a scammer or just plain dumb

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 1,336 total)

The topic ‘IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?’ is closed to new replies.