Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,336 total)
  • IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

UPDATE ON THE SPRING:

“erm… OK so a parcel was indeed waiting at the sorting office for me.

..however instead of the Ti coil (£105) I have been posted a complete new AIR shock (worth about £500 as it’s for the FXR).

When IWH contacted me from the Sea Otter we discussed the possibility of me getting the Air shock for about £280 but I declined as I couldn’t really afford it at the time….even though I really wanted one.

He’s enclosed a polite note explaining that he managed to negotiate an end-of-sea otter price.

I’m hugely confused, especially at getting £280 worth of goods for £105!

Thought I’d update you all since you asked me about the spring..

: edited the value of spring as it’s a lot cheaper out there like “

Sorry RRR but i’m going on my gut feeling here that what you have said is complete noodles!
    If i’m wrong then I appologise but I don’t think I am
    There is absolutely no sense in the fact that you have waited for ages and a parcel was “waiting for you” and is much more expensive than you paid!
    He owes lots of money to people and up until now you are the only one who sticks up for him and who has received anything.

Sorry but my office is starting to smell of tuna 🙂

funkynick

RRR… how did you mange to get hold of it so quickly? I thought it was only being delivered today, and if they can’t deliver it to me then I have to wait at least until the next day, if not the day after, before I can pick the parcel up from the sorting office…

Mattie_H
    Free Member

I’m happy to be proven wrong on this, but RRR is either delusional or weaving an increasingly elaborate and creative fantasy around the whole sorry story…

hora
    Free Member

Funnily I found a post over on:
    http://www.otterswhodive.com/forum

complaining about IWH and promised deliveries of Mackrel

8)

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Good to see you’re not detracting from the pressure on IWH there Hora.

grumm
    Free Member

Have the RSPCA been contacted re the otter abuse?

funkynick

How come all the hand wringing about otter abuse when earlier everyone was quite happy with burning ostriches and penguins doing menial labour!!

hora
    Free Member

Good to see you’re not detracting from the pressure on IWH there Hora.

As well as a fighter, I am also a (animal) lover 😯 8)

grumm
    Free Member

BTW dunno if this has been mentioned, but if he did buy stuff at Sea Otter to sell on, do you reckon he paid the import duty? 😛

MrAgreeable

There is absolutely no sense in the fact that you have waited for ages and a parcel was “waiting for you” and is much more expensive than you paid!

He did say that it was being delivered yesterday.

None of that changes the fact that 5 or 6 other people (plus no doubt a few more who haven’t seen this thread) are out of pocket for a substantial amount of money.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

This is the official otter response

And this is the otter that collapsed with the shock of it all

You should be ashamed.

Jamie
    Free Member

grumm:

BTW dunno if this has been mentioned, but if he did buy stuff at Sea Otter to sell on, do you reckon he paid the import duty?

What is the import duty on thin air these days?

chakaping
    Free Member

Just when I thought it was safe to go back in the water, this thread takes another bizarre twist.

It’s like Arnie at the end of Terminator 2. Nothing anybody does can destroy it.

funkynick

It was due to be delivered yesterday?

D’oh… so much for my hard core reading skills then!!

hora
    Free Member

Hmmm I wouldn’t get on the wrong side of an Otter

Crazed Otter Bites Stupid-Looking Dog To Death, Makes Warren’s Day

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Sorry RRR but i’m going on my gut feeling here that what you have said is complete noodles!

I can totally understand why you’d think that tbh – no-one is more surprised than me!

I will post a piccie up when I can (and as someone else said, I suppose there is a chance that IWH already had this shock on one of his FOES’s if he didn’t get it from the otter)

higgo
    Free Member

In my opinion, IWH is looking after Dan because Dan’s a BikeMagic regular and IWH values his reputation on BM over STW.

Personally I think IWH has got himseld in a right old mess rather than setting out to screw anyone. It doesn’t surprise me that he’s done something odd, post the higher value shock. People do odd things when they’re in a mess.

MrAgreeable

RopeyReignRider – Member
    Yeah I am waiting for a spring from IWH.

Yesterday he texted me a valid tracking code for it – due to be delivered today. As I’m not home to receive it I should be able to collect it from the sorting office tomorrow.

I shall let ye know how it goes…

Posted 19 hours ago

dooosuk
    Free Member

ski
    Free Member

Personally I think IWH has got himseld in a right old mess rather than setting out to screw anyone. It doesn’t surprise me that he’s done something odd, post the higher value shock. People do odd things when they’re in a mess.

Thats my take on it, but hasn’t he also offered the same item more than once for sale?

Andyhilton
    Free Member

julianwilson – Member

Andyhilton, yesterday

Sorry Andy, any excuse to lighten a thread with a daft fellow countryman!

But yes a whole shock instead of a spring is well wierd.

😀

BigDummy
    Free Member

Is that 900 already?

Bream
    Free Member

Thats my take on it, but hasn’t he also offered the same item more than once for sale?

I’ve seen this happen before, not with bike stuff but with car tuning parts.

4 years ago a local lad started selling car performance parts from his bed room, not literally but just over the net. Because he had no overheads like other proper tuning shops he could sell stuff cheaper and so he became very popular very quickly. However as he had no cash up front for stock what he would do is take full payment for parts and then order them from suppliers in Japan, the parts then arrived a few weeks later and he would forward them to the buyers. No worries for the buyers as they knew what he was doing and we prepared to wait a month or so to save a few hundred quid.

Anyway, what happened was he got greedy with the mini fame and amounts of cash passing through his hands and started to spend the cash on himself before paying for the parts. Not a problem for a few hundred quid but this quickly came a few thousand quid and eventually tens of thousands of pounds!

In the end he dug himself in a massive hole with no cash to buy himself out, the companies he owed money to (as he was that well known) came round his house, sat him down and ended up taking away all his cars to pay some of what he owed. Unfortunately the normal customers just lost the cash. He ended up having to move in with his girlfriends parents and take a massive loan underwritten on his girlfriend’s parent house just to settle part of the debts.

A sad story but what makes it even more like IWH is that the whole time this was going on, over 6 months he was super super nice to everyone and would tell them about his personal problems, missing in post, late deliveries etc. Most people wanted to believe him because he was so nice and they didn’t want to admit they had been taken for a ride.

I know this in details because I was one of the companies who lost money as a result, live and learn eh.

Good luck to those involved in getting their money back, my advice is a friendly visit letting Lee asking for cash back, if required a drive to the cash machine with him and probably his mum!

mrman
    Free Member

right as i started this whole 23 page epic i thought id post back on here to let you know my story! Ive been reading but not posting as i wanted to get stuff sorted before i let people know whats happening.

first things i got the money back for the iphone in full in cash yesterday night from Lee

The story went lee posted the iphone to me on tuesday last week 1st class but come wednesday and thursday i didnt get a parcel. I had been chasing lee for a while for the tracking number and on thursday he sent me an attachement to an email of a scanned copy of the receipt from the post office. I wasnt convinced over it all so printed it out and brought a copy to my local post office for them to check. As i posted previously the top didnt match the bottom. Heres where i stopped posting as i wanted to pursue getting my money back from Lee.

Luckily for me my brother lives just around the corner from the post office that was on the reciept so my brother went along there with a print out to check the same as i did. They confirmed exactly what i had been told that the top and bottom didnt match. In addition to this they scanned back through all their own records of transaction on that day and time noted on the receipt and found that surprise surprise no transaction happened at that time or date at all. Thats it the whole reciept was a fake.

When i found this i wanted to make doubley sure that i got my money back. Lee offered me a refund very easily which was weird seeing as he had supposedly sent the item (and not on registered or insured post) on saturday so my brother was going to go and collect it. Saturday morning Lee rang to say he didnt have the money so i asked him for some goods to that value i could hold onto till the money came. I got a minidv camera from him which i would give back on monday when he had the money. Monday came another call from him, the cheque hadnt cleared so he didnt have the money. this time i collected a digital camera from him to keep the presure on him to repay my money. Wednesday came Lee had the money so my brother gave him back his stuff and the issue has gone away.

What do i think about it? To be honest speaking to a few people from here we are under the same impression that Lee just isnt firing on all cylinders. I personally think he may just get a kick from the attention he has been getting. Yes its weird that he gives his home address and phone number etc etc but there is definately more sinister things going on with him. There are clearly people on this forum that are just him under another name, he has shown he has loads of different names for himself, perhaps he has a split personality and thats whats leading to all these issues for him. I just dont know.

If you are waiting for your items to arrive then dont wait any longer they 100% wont come, people have said they have arrived previously but then to be honest i dont believe they are who they say they are. My advice to you is club together and get something sorted out. I believe Lee will refund you but you will need to see through the various “problems” he will present and just think about getting your money back. One of the guys has been keeping a running total on here, club together with him and get something sorted out. If you want to contact me (my emails in the posting somewhere) with all of your details and amounts etc i can put you in touch with someone who lives down there, is an ex copper and who can collect your money for you for a fee, its only really worth it if you do it together.

So, in conclusion i was lucky to get my money back, Lee is no thug, you 100% definately wont get what ever it is you bought from here and you’ll need to actually do something about it if you want you money back. Posting on here wont do that for you!!

ironically when my brother visited him he was using his iphone at the time…

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

i’m with the otters on this

Drac

ironically when my brother visited him he was using his iphone at the time…

Sorry but they did male LOL!

Glad one of you have managed to get your cash back and RRR’s story doesn’t sound true but he could have the shock but paid by other’s money.

shoefiti
    Free Member

The more and more i read of this thread the less i feel it is now about the penguins and the ostriches amd more about this:

Bream
    Free Member

Keep the peace, smoke the pipe 😉

mrsflash
    Free Member

first post on this thread but have been following avidly! (i prefer the otters to the ostriches) anyway, sorry but I’m querying RRR’s parcel too. At our sorting office you can’t collect a parcel until either 48 or 72 hours after they’ve tried to deliver it, so if they tried yesterday I don’t believe he’ll have been able to collect today.

hora
    Free Member

IWH Im going to be honest mate. I know one of the debtors, hes a good bloke, a family man, works hard and potentially facing redundancy from work. I WONT name this person and neither will this person say any of the above however the money paid to you wasnt a gift to him, it wasnt free, it was hard-earned. FFS. Seriously do the right thing. Just once. I could (sort of) understand if you were a 14yr old who rides jump bikes and thought it would be funny to make some money out of ‘saps’ on the net’ however this is people around your age. Come on.

scaredypants

horse-trading?
    piracy on the high seas?
    keelhauling?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Don’t bring that poor woman into it. She has suffered enough….

EDIT @ Bream. 🙂

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

in honour of Hora’s last post and for the benefit of those who frequented that other forum, i give you the official marsupial response:

MrAgreeable

Well spotted Mrs F

But in my experience the posties will often let you pick the item up the next day, if it’s come in. Yes, I have no patience. 🙂

higgo
    Free Member

mrsflash said… I’m querying RRR’s parcel too. At our sorting office you can’t collect a parcel until either 48 or 72 hours after they’ve tried to deliver it

Now I’m a bit cautious about offering any support to RRR in case I get accused of being IWH in disguise but….

I’m often out when parcels arrive. The card I get from postie has a box on it saying how long I should leave it before I can collect it from the sorting office. This box is in hours and I guess postie fills it in based on estimating how far round his round he is. Normally it’s either 3 or 4 hours but I have had one recently as low as 1 hour. I often collect parcels on the day of attempted delivery.

mrsflash
    Free Member

Fair enough then, maybe it differs from area to area.

Drac

Like wise Higgo usually says from 3pm on my cards from RM but I know there back by about 1pm and if I go just after that then I can get the parcel. Unless miserable git is at the desk who loves to point out it says 3pm pm the card, then gets a bit annoyed when I say “It’s the one in the ducket there I can see it.”

mrsflash
    Free Member

Now I’m feeling pissed off at my sorting office! How come I often have to wait 72 hours???? Do they just not like me or somethign????

BigDummy
    Free Member

RopeyReignRider shows his big surprising and expensive air shock to the waiting masses:

8)

Drac

Now I’m feeling pissed off at my sorting office! How come I often have to wait 72 hours???? Do they just not like me or somethign????

Not sure why that is other than I live in smallish town.

Viewing 40 posts - 881 through 920 (of 1,336 total)

The topic ‘IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?’ is closed to new replies.