Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,336 total)
  • IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

So.. I take it everyone’s got a refund/goods then?!

no..?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Why does my last post always vanish??

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

hello?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Hello

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Oh hello

I’ve just posted a “comment” on IWH’s article on http://www.ride559.com as per S-H-L-B’s link.. about my missing goods/cash.

I suggest anyone else owed stuff do the same..

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Do you think he’s taken that site down now? I get this

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@ride559.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sites been deaded.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

He must be running scared

devs
    Free Member

There’s been a lot of talk. Has no one gone and done a group collect yet? I’m almost getting to the point where I feel like going down on your behalf. All the warriors on here who will kick dogs, their owners, people who kick their dogs, chavs, motorists, pedestrians, people on footpaths, people who get in the way, people who don’t stop, people who draft, people who do dibs on the classifieds but don’t proceed and yet nobody is brave enough to go and get hundreds or thousands of pounds worth of stolen money?????? It’s a real good job these monitors don’t bite back eh?

CountZero

Haven’t been on here to check proceedings in a while. Rather proud of having post #1200! Pity, tho’, that there seems to have been no satisfactory resolution to this whole saga.

higgo
    Free Member

Ride559’s back up and running now.

Wouldn’t let me post a comment though – apparently I can’t add 8 & 4!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Not up now!

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I spoke to “Lee” a couple of weeks ago, where he promised to put the money in my bank account, and I made him read the bank details back to me to ensure they were correct.

What a surprise when I got absolutely nothing. It sounds like the only way to get anything is to take a visit to Plymouth.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

The site is back up, but all comments require “moderation” – so they won’t see the light of day. Regardless, this is what I have tried to leave:

Lee, Hamish, IWH (insert this week’s name of choice) – could you please tell me how you’re able to post reviews of bike equipment, whilst leaving myself and a number of other riders without refunds or goods for items you sold through the classifieds on Singletrack?

This is all despite written and verbal assurances (yes I spoke to you on the phone and made you read my bank details back to me to ensure they were correct) that I would receive a refund within 2 days. 2 weeks now…

When can I, and the others involved expect you to resolve this?

HTTP404
    Free Member

http://www.wordspy.com/words/Googlebombing.asp

I think you’re all unwittingly creating a “google bomb”.

If you are consistent with your wording links – you’ll get some interesting results in google everytime you search for keywords.

Something like….
    Homepage of Lee MTB Bike Fraud Anderson.

MrAgreeable

all comments require “moderation”

You’ll just have to get creative:

e.g.

Can’t wait to see what SRAM come up with next!
    Using X0 at the moment
    Not for long though!
    Thanks Lee!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I know someone before mentioned that this might be classed as a civil issue; however surely it’s fraudulent behaviour and could be dealt with in criminal law?

Lee was supposed to pay into my account today.. surprise .. no money.

I’m going to do an online moneyclaim action but might also make investigations about whether or not he can be investigated by the Police….

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

OK, payment agreement arranged with Hamish – some wonga has landed in my account.. hurrah,

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

anyone else?

mk1fan
    Free Member

‘Holy on going saga Batman!’

geoffj

Is that ride559.com website any relation to 559Bikes.com?

bigsi
    Free Member

It would appear that, as he obviously not going to give people their money/goods that a mass visit to his house in Plymouth would be in order.

Now I’m not sure about this but i seem to remember a race taking place near there towards the end of next month 😉 . How good would it be if it could be arranged that anyone who has beef with him turns up on his door step with the rest of the 24/12 riders in tow, I think there will be at least 1300 riders in attendence that weekend 😯 😯 . Shall we say 7.30pm on the Friday evening before the race 😈

higgo
    Free Member

Is that ride559.com website any relation to 559Bikes.com?

I doubt it – 559bikes.com looks like a legit operation.

There’s also http://www.559active.com

uplink
    Free Member

Anyone got an update?

money/goods received etc?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

I received half the money owed, about two weeks ago. I’m currently chasing the rest :-/

Anyone else still waiting?

neilb67
    Free Member

I met the owners of 559bikes.com at Mountain Mayhem. They are based in Chepstow and im sure have nothing to do with IWH. They are very nice people and seemed very genuine to me.

foxyrider
    Free Member

done a WHOIS lookup on ride559.com and the registrant has been changed and can only be contacted by a webform via http://www.contactprivacy.com/. Odd for someone to cover their registrant contact and also updated it so recently – he has the money to renew his domain name and hosting then ? and the time? (thought I would add my 5 pence in!)

559bikes

559 Bikes have no dealing with Lee Anderson. We are small bike shop in South Wales. The shop was called 559 Active last year before I bought the shop and change the name back to 559 Bikes. I hope this clears things up.

Sarah

enfht
    Free Member

SO, WHERE’S MY MONEY SARAH!!!

(joke)

higgo
    Free Member

Out of interest, what’s the significance of the number ‘559’?

Apart from Lee’s Ride559 and Sarah’s (completely unconnected) 559 Bikes, there’s a ‘559 Active’ in Brum. I know it’s a South California area code so maybe linked to the early days of MTBing or iconic bike companies but the area code itself was only created in ’98.

Just wondering really.

neilb67
    Free Member

ISO559 Wheel = 26″ Wheel

Maybe…?

higgo
    Free Member

Yep… actually just spotted it myself while trawling Lee’s Ride559 site:comes from the ETRTO size of a Mountain bike wheel – 559mm

I knew the number was familiar from somewhere.

neilb67
    Free Member

higgo – Member

I knew the number was familiar from somewhere.

Set meal for 6 from your local chinese…? 😆

higgo
    Free Member

So do ‘559 Bikes’ sell 29ers?

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

So just wildly veering back on topic for a minute – IS ANYONE ELSE STILL WAITING FOR GOODS/CASH???

ta

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

So….

I'm still waiting for the other half of my money (£55) Hamish… in case you happen to be reading this?

Anyone else waiting?

Junkyard
    Free Member

anyone sued him ?

MrAgreeable

Money claim online. Will cost you thirty quid to file a claim, you will get this back though. You could get judgment against him in 6-8 weeks if he doesn't file a defence but I think it's far more likely that he will flog one of his gadgets and pay you. And if he does file a defence at least you can have a laugh…

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Yeah I was about a mouse click away from doing that last time when we came to an agreement – i.e. he paid half what was owed and would arrange to pay the other half.

I might still consider the moneyclaim route although it can get expensive (although I would claim all costs back).

enfht
    Free Member

Paying half with the rest "promised" is just an attempt to get you off his back without having to pay out the full amount. The less he owes the less likely you'll pursue. A classic swindler's tactic wrapped up in bullshit excuses.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,241 through 1,280 (of 1,336 total)

The topic ‘IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?’ is closed to new replies.