Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,336 total)
  • IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

[/i]But what if he never bought the goods in the US because he ran out of cash.

I’m fairly certain thst the goods were not purchased in the US – I think they were from his bikes that he broke down before going…

MrAgreeable

mrman – Member
    im quite proud of this thread being 6 pages!

anyhow the story goes on. Last night IMH emailed me with a rather long story about how some big men came to his house etc etc and how the police where getting involved. I was quite pleased he has said he gave them my details. Anyway in addition to the story he attached a scan of a receipt from the post office to “prove” the item was posted on tuesday. Ive just come back from the post office as i wanted to check it with them. What they told me was that the attached receipt is a fake. The reason they gave is that IMH has sent a “1st class packet” (the weight and price is legit) which isnt a registered form of postage however at the bottom of the reciept there is an entry for the destination address which has my postcode and is “validated” The problem is that when purchasing a “1st class packet” you dont validate the address on the reciept as there is no option for it. Basically what IMH has done is attach a receipt from one transaction to either a forged copy of the bottom or a legitmate bottom from another date.

My conclusion is then that either hes sent the parcel recorded yesterday and didnt want to show he was making it up that he hadnt sent it on tuesday (as in dates on reciept) or hes just made the bottom bit up. Either way the post office have his address details and are going to be looking into it with their internal team or something.

What a pain!

Posted 5 days ago

MrAgreeable

RRR, I would say the best chance of the people concerned getting anything back is to club together and get a CCJ against IWH. As PK Ripper seems to be doing.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

[/i]But what if he never bought the goods in the US because he ran out of cash.

How would non-existant goods be recovered from the PO?

I’m fairly sure that the goods were from his bikes that he broke down and not from the US.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Re the receipts –

I have one here from posting a chainring t’other day.

It’s sent recorded delivery, has the postcode near the bottom yet still says ” 1st Class Packet”

It just has the line ” Recorded £0.75 ” below it

Do the receipts IWH sent show the recorded line below the “1st Class Packet” ???

firestarter
    Free Member

but during a possible deal i had on at one point with him (as big dutch) he claimed hed been burgled and all the bikes had been stolen that he had

also he seems to have sold the m4s to at least two people and had sold the pikes to at least three people including me who was meant to be getting them before i pulled out of the deal . so i doubt of any intention to send them to anyone at all

pantsonfire
    Free Member

I hope you have some luck with the court action but in my experience its not foolproof. I was owed £900 took the fella to court and won but I was only given a payment of £40 per calendar month. The 1st 2 paymnets arrived then nothing. Back to court I got 2 more then nothing back to the court. I am now recieving £20 a month and even thats pretty erratic.

The agravating thing is I see him around town driving his flash car makes me want to go out one night with a screwdriver and claim back my £500 in paintwork.

Woody
    Free Member

RRR, I would say the best chance of the people concerned getting anything back is to club together and get a CCJ against IWH. As PK Ripper seems to be doing.

You’ll have to be quick, as this looks like a fairly straightforward case of fraud which the police should be dealing with.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

also he seems to have sold the m4s to at least two people and had sold the pikes to at least three people including me who was meant to be getting them before i pulled out of the deal . so i doubt of any intention to send them to anyone at all

It apperears this could be the case with the i-phone(s) as well….

hora
    Free Member

The agravating thing is I see him around town driving his flash car makes me want to go out one night with a screwdriver and claim back my £500 in paintwork.

Keys

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Hora, get off this thread, you have nothing useful to add.

MrAgreeable

Pantsonfire, if he’s not sticking to his agreement get the stay of judgment lifted and threaten to make him bankrupt via a statutory demand. Won’t work if he owes you less than £750, and it’s not a guaranteed way of getting your money, but it should make him brick himself.

oldgit
    Free Member

I really don’t know how you guys are keeping your cool, sorry to lower the tone again but I’d be down there for a face to face, no threats just to hear it from the mans mouth.

Trimix
    Free Member

Id imagine he’s reading all about it online anyway – it cant be long now before someone pops round to see him. Be good if it went up on youtube for all those who couldnt make it down to his place to see how negotiations went.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

Hows about the people that are out of pocket email each other and leave this thread well alone. Its getting stupid with keyboard warriorsmaking puerile threats.

GTFU and contact the police etc, if you are not involved do not make comments about the lad in question – its NOTHING to do with you!

hora
    Free Member

RR I said this about 10 pages back as did others. I most certainly wouldnt go round to visit him (hence my own/mothers experience that I posted up when someone owed her money). This thread should be deleted now, the rest done offline (he would worry more as well) and an update posted much later.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Bearing in mind this chap seems to be so well connected to the internet with websites, personal blogs and forum memberships all over the place – what really surprises me is his inability to “come out” and explain his actions and show the slightest bit of remorse or regret for what he’s done.

I believe the 7Stanes roadtrip he was organising over on BM is looking a bit ropey too?

racing_ralph
    Free Member

*****************Thread Closed*****************

pedalhead
    Free Member

no it’s not

Trimix
    Free Member

If the thread stays open more online viewers will learn about scammers and scammers will learn that they wont get away with it. Its in everyones interst to clean up what goes on online.

uplink
    Free Member

I wouldn’t mind betting that there are still STW members that are being/been done by IWH but are yet to shout up

MrAgreeable

I see on the BM thread that when people raised suspicions about IWH the first time, he tried to make out that the person complaining was a fraudster.

http://www.bikemagic.com/forum/forummessages/mps/UTN/95771/URN/5/dt/4/srchdte/0/cp/13/v/6/sp/

hora
    Free Member

as I’ve been advised by my solicitor.

Comedy gold 😆

oldgit
    Free Member

Keep it open.
    And it’s a public forum so we’re free to comment surely.
    RR are you someone with the authority to tell us not to comment?

jupiter
    Free Member

Play him off Keyboard cat!

racing_ralph
    Free Member

no authority just commonsense oldgit

jupiter
    Free Member

HTTP404
    Free Member

surprised nobody’s yet put a piccy up of the culprit like they did on the mikey_m thread!

Diawl
    Free Member

Oh no, now he’s going to have to ‘sell’ some more stuff to pay his solicitor.

Drac

t might be easier for those owed to request the goods (that could be recovered from Post Office etc) rather than cash that might not exist any more..

Might have misunderstood you here but it’s not up to the buying to claim from the post office he would have to but mean time should be reimbursing those who bought from him.

scaredypants

Play him off Keyboard cat!

Yeah, tangerine those drizzle undercarriage !

HTTP404
    Free Member

ok. couldn’t resist.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Might have misunderstood you here but it’s not up to the buying to claim from the post office he would have to but mean time should be reimbursing those who bought from him.

nooo… I meant that if things have genuinely got lost then IWH should be able to recover them from the PO, if they haven’t then he’s still probably got the goods lying about… so it could be easier for him to supply goods rather than refund the cash.

grumm
    Free Member

nooo… I meant that if things have genuinely got lost then IWH should be able to recover them from the PO, if they haven’t then he’s still probably got the goods lying about… so it could be easier for him to supply goods rather than refund the cash.

Your faith in his honesty is touching in this cold cynical world we live in. 😛

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

I cannot believe that anybody can have so much stuff ‘lost in the post’

The more this goes on, the more he just seems like an out & out scammer.

uplink
    Free Member

so it could be easier for him to supply goods rather than refund the cash

How would he decide which of the guys should have any particular part? – after all it looks like he may well have sold [& not delivered] the same part to more than one target

hora
    Free Member

RopeyReignRider – Member

Again, you are either IWH with a different login (same IP mods?) or your a friend of his.

…..hang on. Alot of Forums have a warning when you register and regarding defarmation etc- IP address logged/IP owner could be notified? Surely (longshot), his IP address might be a work-related one and they might be interested to learn of this?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Again, you are either IWH with a different login (same IP mods?) or your a friend of his.

As RRR mentioned himself earlier in this thread he is Dan from Bikemagic where IWH is/was popular, he is not IWH.

Don’t ever become a detective Hora.

grumm
    Free Member

Defarmation? Removing farms by registering on a forum?

Think RopeyReignRider has explained his relationship to IWH – still clinging to the hope that he isn’t a shady character it seems.

hora
    Free Member

KINGTUT, I’ve not really been on BM (or intend to/no issues with BM- just cant face living on multiple forums) 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 1,336 total)

The topic ‘IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?’ is closed to new replies.