Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,336 total)
  • IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?
  • HTTP404
    Free Member

yes. because it’s where all your money’s gone to!

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Anymore news?

atlaz
    Free Member

Still can’t believe people are talking small claims court rather than the police THEN court 🙂

If his mum didn’t like two blokes turning up, she’s REALLY not going to appreciate a patrol car with a member of Plymouth’s finest trying to get across this internet classifieds theft business. Should take at least 4 cups of tea and a packet of biscuits before Mrs IWH Senior can get him out of the lounge.

wwaswas

I agree with atlaz – this is really theft, not just a dispute over some money.

simonralli2
    Free Member

Anymore news?

Looks like he had a good time at the Sea Otter bike show in the US? I do hope you guys get your hard earned money back I really do.

uplink
    Free Member

Unless you can show that he is clearly trying to con people, the police won’t initially get involved.
    It’s a civil matter otherwise

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I agree that it’s a civil matter at the moment which is why I’m trying to get a handle on the amounts involved. And number of people.

Once that’s known then we may have a clearer idea how best to proceed.

Harry_the_Spider

How about a hole in the desert?

dooosuk
    Free Member

I think you can add to the list:

PK-ripper – £80
    Daffy – £75
    MrMan – £225 (post 3, page1)
    fatblokeattheback – ????
    tinribz – £35 (page1)
    Blue_CBRXX – £450?? (BM thread and Page 11)

Running total – £865

hora
    Free Member

fatblokeattheback = £250 (Pikes)

dooosuk
    Free Member

So that gives:

PK-ripper – £80
    Daffy – £75
    MrMan – £225 (post 3, page1)
    fatblokeattheback – £250
    tinribz – £35 (page1)
    Blue_CBRXX – £450?? (BM thread and Page 11)

Running total – £1115

Jamie
    Free Member

STW: 5% of sales.

Xan
    Free Member

Thats scary when you out it all together. Not sure how interested the poilce will be interested, as it says above this will probably be a civil case going by what a number of other web sites say.

Really unfortunate that this had to go this way, there are a small number of people that put you off using classifieds. Must admit not something I tend to use after being done over.

seth-enslow666
    Free Member

That thing about 2 guys coming to his mothers house was Bullshite anyhow. Looking at all the posts its abvious this is nother smoke screen to hide behind. Chuck your dear old mother into the mix, makle people feel even more sorry. Add some more crap about 2 heavys coming to the house, someone going to knife him.

Just a way of putting people off doing anything to him. Its a pitty a few people dont live nearer to him and just go and see him and maybe get the money back for a few others. Having had dealings with people of this ilk, Its often very hard to get money back, they will do anything to spin a yarn or avoid you. Without resorting to physical violence nothing much wll get the money out of them. It goes against the grain but how often do loan sharks go away with no money? If a bloke from the bank asks for money people just chuck the letters in the bin if they cant pay up.

It all boils down to how far people will go to get there hard earned money back form such a shithouse.

Con men often play on the fact people will just let thngs go for the sake of a few here and there. But to them it all adds up!

hora
    Free Member

If his mum didn’t like two blokes turning up, she’s REALLY not going to appreciate a patrol car with a member of Plymouth’s finest trying to get across this internet classifieds theft business. Should take at least 4 cups of tea and a packet of biscuits before Mrs IWH Senior can get him out of the lounge.

His Mum has already hung up on one STW’er. His Mother is probably very similar to him TBH. Thing is, why did he give his home address? Thats the bit I couldnt get my head round

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Well at least just over a grand from the quick tot up, no doubt a lot more so no small change. Sounds to me like he has sold items, spent the cash and is now over his head. So either has not got the parts to send or has a back log of about 30 parts to post but cannot face it. From his web site he says he is a dedicated biker and cannot imagine life without it.. Even if he has personal issues… no excuse for months of blagging! 4 years ago my son was born at 27 weeks and was in NICU for 3 months.. A week after the unexpected birth I took 2 days off work and caught up on packaging up parcels, posted them and emailed the buyers to say sorry for the delay! Likewise 3 months ago we had our 2nd child, horrid birth and has colic and feeding issues, well all the problems and issues round that my life has been lets say the pits! Despite this I have posted a few days late, but I have……. Unless you have been in hospital, jail or the like there are no excuses for this kind of tosh! And the bloke needs to pull his finger out and stop making excuses. Sadly he will obviously never be accepted by the community again for something that is such a big part of his life! As for his family, well as they say don’t sh1t on your own door

Hadge
    Free Member

We don’t know what he’s sold, if anything on the BM site though do we? Very sad indeed

grievoustim
    Free Member

I’m not sure why I’m wading in – but its like playing Cludo so I can’t resist

A few mentions of iPhones for 200 pounds – sounds like his “plan” was to sell stuff up front, get the money to pay for his US holiday and source the stuff over there for cheap then bring it back to send to his buyers

it went wrong, he spent all the money and now doesn’t have the stuff to send.

its a “del boy” style business idea gone wrong

hora
    Free Member

Idea: When you register you need to provide a work email (wont be used beyond registration email and for mods) but will need to be verified by email and first/last name. This is then held onfile. Its not foolproof though plus not every rider has a works pc/emaily addy

ski
    Free Member

Hora its a good idea.

Here is another, what about if everyone posted feedback on the classified posts they dealt with, like, well packed, great STW seller.

Then, when buying stuff you can check out there selling posts for feedback?

Drac

Not everyone has a work email.

DOH!

wwaswas

I think the problem with all this is that it’s too much effort for stw to police any feedback/trusted vendor system and that the easiest thing for them to do would be to pull the plug on classifieds.

hora
    Free Member

Not everyone has a work email.- I know darn nit 🙁

MrAgreeable

what about if everyone posted feedback on the classified posts they dealt with

You’re not the first person to suggest this idea. It’s good in principle but for this particular guy I’m not sure it would have helped. He has some satisfied customers (well, one) and the people he has let down were given excuses about family problems etc, meaning that they probably felt a bit reluctant to drag him through the mud until the extent of his dealings ebcame apparent via this thread.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Here is another, what about if everyone posted feedback on the classified posts they dealt with, like, well packed, great STW seller.

I agree we need to have some sort of register. I’m hoping the mods are having a read of this but I might email them anyway, but my idea was to have either a sticky thread in the classifides that people could simply put the seller’s username and then a few words about the sale, or have a section in a users profile that others could leave sale ONLY comments on.
    The second one would be better, but harder to set up, the sticky would do the same job but you’d need to search it to find the user. Having it as a sticky would keep it fresh in people’s minds so they’d post more readily and it would be obvious to see it and do a search.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I am unlikely to use the classifieds again.

hora
    Free Member

Hang on. Revisit the thread you bought off and add an honest footnote post-purchase? It’d only work if the seller had alot of previous posts of course but it would still help build up a ‘history’.

robbo1234biking

Hang on. Revisit the thread you bought off and add an honest footnote post-purchase? It’d only work if the seller had alot of previous posts of course but it would still help build up a ‘history’

Doesnt help people new to the forum though but in that case I guess they have to post first before payment as a number of people on AVforums seem keen with.

wwaswas

and then the seller contacts stw with their side of the story and the mods have to remove the post from the buyer and try and sort out who said what when to whom before they can reinstate it…

it’s just not workable from stw’s point of view.

The classifieds only work if everyone trusts each other and proves trustworthy.

There’s been problems with rogue traders in the past and it’s survived.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Are the mods really likely to make this into a mini-ebay?

duckman

Spankmonkey, colic…shivers at the memory

BlingBling
    Free Member

grievoustim – Member
    I’m not sure why I’m wading in – but its like playing Cludo so I can’t resist

A few mentions of iPhones for 200 pounds – sounds like his “plan” was to sell stuff up front, get the money to pay for his US holiday and source the stuff over there for cheap then bring it back to send to his buyers

it went wrong, he spent all the money and now doesn’t have the stuff to send.

its a “del boy” style business idea gone wrong

That is exactly what I thought….

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

in month 4 now and its worse not better…. now where is that beer?

richc
    Free Member

surely the easiest thing to do, would be to split your profiles created thread history into “classified” and “other”. Then onceyou have sold an item and the buyer received it and is happy they can post some feedback on the thread.

That way over time your posted history on the classifieds becomes your feedback, and the problem is partially solved.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

or just buy from people you know

ski
    Free Member

richc – Member

surely the easiest thing to do, would be to split your profiles created thread history into “classified” and “other”. Then onceyou have sold an item and the buyer received it and is happy they can post some feedback on the thread.

That way over time your posted history on the classifieds becomes your feedback, and the problem is partially solved.

That’s more or less what I was thinking, but as wwaswas rightly pointed out it could create a whole new headache for STW towers.

thepodge
    Free Member

I would think its more likely that STW will close the classifieds. much less hassle for them

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

That’s more or less what I was thinking, but as wwaswas rightly pointed out it could create a whole new headache for STW towers.

That was my thinking when I suggested using a sticky thread. Easy to set up, requires no maintainance, obvious to all users.

🙂

hora
    Free Member

I would think its more likely that STW will close the classifieds. much less hassle for them

Sad as it may seem- that is the only completely safe method currently. Sad really.

Hadge
    Free Member

That’s a difficult one paulosoxo as I guess like most members, we only know some people as someone on the end of a pc. I have a 100% feedback as a seller and buyer on eBay so I “assume” that members will be ok dealing with me because I know my eBay rating and trust to that, even though you lot don’t know that info. Maybe we could add that info when selling or buying but I guess not everyone has an eBay account either!
    We “all” buy and sell on trust here, it’s just a great shame there’s a very very very small minority who have abused it. And I hasten to add, it isn’t just sellers who have abused this. Some so called “buyers” mess sellers around which is very very infuriating as it wastes everyones time and effort. I will contine to buy and try to sell but I fear most my items I have to sell in future may end up being eBayed.

Viewing 40 posts - 521 through 560 (of 1,336 total)

The topic ‘IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?’ is closed to new replies.