Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,336 total)
  • IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?
  • Mark

Perhaps STW would like to confirm whether they have received 5% and if not, ban him from selling on the classifieds? Just a thought!

No we haven’t.
    We’ve emailed him and given him a week to sort it out before we suspend his account.

Jamie
    Free Member

Is that wise? At least when he can respond on here the buyers who are out of pocket can get some info, albeit more bullshit.

Edit: Notice how i do not even entertain the idea he will pay you the 5% 😉

richc
    Free Member

I suspect the only way the buyers are going to get their money is via the small claims court

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Xan
    Free Member

Cant see INH responding on here anymore. He hasn’t added any comments for a few days, so doubt he’ll start now. Think he might be having a squeeky trouser moment now that people are mentioning small claims courts, Would be nice to see him getting whats coming to him.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

Hora – Post received today

Not from you

uplink
    Free Member

Not from you

Damn, those thieving posties strike again 🙄

paulosoxo
    Free Member

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

Spankmonkey:

Not from you

Who’d a thunk it!

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

got some nice Tech V2’s from portugal quicker than hora! in fact in 9 days. I quit

hora
    Free Member

No I said I was going to but Im idler than idle (i.e. I never go near a post office) hence I stuck it into the postbox with a stamp on.

Guess what, never heard back

. The clue was in my email/reply, I wasnt looking to pay that much for a wheel. What else was there to discuss?

Whoa slow down here. In the last two weeks Ive also bought and paid for a set of Mazz 55’s and a watch.

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-2008-marzocchi-55-tst2-80-posted

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/ot-fs-g-shock-g-7800

Im confused why I am being linked in with a blatant-thief on a thread? 😐

Please back on-topic, its detracting from IWH.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Hora. May we remind you of the First Law of Holes?

🙂

timdrayton
    Free Member

cheekymonkey, hora didnt really commit to buy tho did he?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

The clue was in my email/reply, I wasnt looking to pay that much for a wheel.

And the clue was in his email asking for a reply..

It’s a pretty good price already, basically passing it on for what I paid. However, packing it up, posting etc is a PITA I could do with[out] so if you want to collect it I’ll knock another £5 off so £60.

Let me know.

Is it really too much for you to do that?

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

No I said I was going to but Im idler than idle (i.e. I never go near a post office) hence I stuck it into the postbox with a stamp on.

What you said was you wanted it and would send cash via recorded delivery, you never mentioned there would be a delay, a week later you blamed the bank holiday (1 day out of 21) and you never said anything about no going to a post office. All you have ever said is it’s in the post.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Im confused why I am being linked in with a blatant-thief on a thread?

Noe ones calling you or comparing you a thief Hora, hypocrite yes, thief no.

pk-ripper
    Free Member

chaps, can we take this back to IWH – if you want to bash Hora, take it elsewhere – there’s people who’ve already outlayed cash here rather than slightly (and rightly) disgruntled sellers.

hora
    Free Member

😐 Time and a place. I dont understand how people can be soo sensitive. If I say bit more than Im willing to pay do I have to reply back re-asserting this? In the grand scheme of things it doesnt seem hyper-sensitive compared to someone being royally-ripped off? (Or even normally IMO). Sheesh, Ive had people say they’d have stuff off me and left hanging (frames, wheels etc). Get real, people forget, busy, forget to reply etc etc- its not the end of the world is it folks? 😕

KINGTUT
    Free Member

chaps, can we take this back to IWH – if you want to bash Hora, take it elsewhere – there’s people who’ve already outlayed cash here rather than slightly (and rightly) disgruntled sellers.

A bit of thread drift won’t do any harm, at least it’ll keep it at the top of the forum.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

noted – I will set up the web site soon 🙂

njee20
    Free Member

There was about 5 pages about ostriches and penguins?! Why all the calls to get back OT when Horas ‘issues’ get mentioned!?

Jamie
    Free Member

I better get the thread back on topic:

HTTP404
    Free Member

look for him (IWH / bigdutch) over on twitter and here.
    whatever business plan he had it sadly looks like its all gone tits up for him on here.

http://ride559.com/author/lee/

lee@ride559.com

davidrussell
    Free Member

” Time and a place. I dont understand how people can be soo sensitive. If I say bit more than Im willing to pay do I have to reply back re-asserting this? In the grand scheme of things it doesnt seem hyper-sensitive compared to someone being royally-ripped off? (Or even normally IMO). Sheesh, Ive had people say they’d have stuff off me and left hanging (frames, wheels etc). Get real, people forget, busy, forget to reply etc etc- its not the end of the world is it folks?

In the time it took you to write that you could have responded to the guy to say thanks but no thanks. its hardly a major effort?

hora
    Free Member

That was 2months ago.

Thing is, how do we stop the IWH-situation happening again? I know you could ask other buyers (looking through the sellers history) if all was well but what if the bogus seller sets up numerous accounts and sham-sales first? TBH to make say £600 its well worth a fraudster putting in say 10hours work over a couple of months making comments on threads etc etc first isnt it?

MrAgreeable

how do we stop the IWH-situation happening again?

If people still buy and sell stuff with a forum legend like you, what’s the chances of any system working with a complete randomer?

pk-ripper
    Free Member

I presume Evans pay for the ad on that 559 site?

I wonder if they’re aware of this, as generally not good association?

KINGTUT
    Free Member

If people still buy and sell stuff with a forum legend like you, what’s the chances of any system working with a complete randomer?

Tee hee..

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

LOL. Hora you plonker 😉 I don’t mind that you didn’t buy the bloody thing but you coming along acting all smart about this bloke and spouting about internet etiquette is just laughable.

A case of the pot calling the kettle black, IMO.

No offence like 😎

hora
    Free Member

I thought the schools had gone back?

coming along acting all smart about this bloke and spouting about internet etiquette

and thus your taking some of the heat away from him. Nice one.

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

As someone else said but you obviously missed, several pages of wibble about penguins and ostriches doesn’t seem to have done any harm, does it?

Are you having trouble accepting my point? Trying to deflect the (tiny) bit of attention you’re receiving by getting all high-horse is rather disingenuous too.

People in glass houses and all that 😉

mrman
    Free Member
    pk-ripper
    Free Member

Can we compile a succinct list of who’s down what to this IWH chap and how many are actually involved?

Me – £80

higgo
    Free Member

hora said… why I am being linked in with a blatant-thief?

What’s the difference between someone who takes the cash but doesn’t send the goods and someone who takes the goods and doesn’t send the cash?

I think you’re being linked because, until the jiffy bag full stuffed full of used fivers arrives, it appears like you’ve robbed Spankmonkey of his goods.

Or have I missed the point?

hora
    Free Member

higgo I’m not going to chomp

MrAgreeable

pk-ripper, I don’t think cutting off the guy’s revenue from a click-through advert is going to help the situation much. As other people have said, get the guy’s address and sue him. You can split the issue fee up between you.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

I have not parted with the goods so no real harm, just a waste of 3 weeks when I could have sold it the same day and received funds. I just cannot beleive you sent it in an envelope via normal mail, at least recorded you could have tracked it and been covered. Selling / Buying on here is just not worth the hassle, people moan about ebay but at least you have some protection and its more official. Think I will stick to the chat section from now on and ebay for buying / selling 🙁

hora
    Free Member

I just cannot beleive you sent it in an envelope via normal mail, at least recorded you could have tracked it and been covered.

Hey I agree. The Post Office is a hassle though, bloody queues all day long as its the main Manchester one.. plus there wasnt one open on bank holiday Monday when I posted it off.. and I paid the other two recent sellers direct into their a/c’s. I know you said paypal is preferred, next time I buy something from here I’ll probably look at getting a paypal a/c for the protection.

higgo
    Free Member

Spankmonkey said… I have not parted with the goods so no real harm

OK, I did miss the point!

Daffy

Me, £75

pk-ripper
    Free Member

Ok, so that’s:

PK-ripper – £80
    Daffy – £75

Running total – £155

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 1,336 total)

The topic ‘IWH aka Lee Anderson – Goods supplied?’ is closed to new replies.