• This topic has 6,282 replies, 176 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by kelvin.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,721 through 2,760 (of 6,291 total)
  • 2019 General Election
  • v8ninety

working for Tory central office

Please. They aren’t going to pay you. More like working alongside the Tories.

kelvin

How many times tonight have we seen people comment on his glasses?

If any politician appeared at one of the biggest TV events of the year for them, doing some kind of Eric Morecambe impression with their glasses, people will pass comment on it. It shouldn’t matter, and it doesn’t to me, but it’s quite normal. That’s people. Anyway, Binners didn’t comment on that I don’t think.

mattyfez

One thing I noted from the debate is that corbyn had more dodgy camera angles whilst boris was more angled angled front and centre.

But I suppose the BBC have to keep the current ruling idiots happy.

So much for impartiality..

Subtle but obvious for anyone into arts, composition, etc.

kelvin

But I suppose the BBC have to keep the current ruling idiots happy.

The BBC didn’t film it.

The presenter was key to the layout, she said so this morning. She wanted to be make sure neither could avoid eye contact with her, because she expected lots of evasion from them. Perhaps others should have prioritised how it would come across instead.

ransos
    Free Member

Have you ever seen the salt-mines comrade?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

dazh

Anyway, Binners didn’t comment on that I don’t think.

I never said he did. It was a general point about how the reinforcement of stupid stereotypes peddled by the media have the effect they intend. Yet apparently the media aren’t the problem, and it isn’t an orchestrated campaign designed to influence how people vote? It’s not a secret conspiracy, it’s basic psychology and PR. You can either be a participant in that, or not.

kelvin

Yet apparently the media aren’t the problem

Been done to death. Much harder for a Labour leader to cut through in the media. Doesn’t distract from the opinion that Corbyn is very poor at this part of his job (amongst others).

binners

Well you’ve got 3 weeks to decide my punishment for when I deliver Boris his majority.

Will you decide it at conference? Or just ask Len?

benv
    Free Member

Classy behaviour from the tories: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50482637

Hopefully that stunt will backfire.

That’s pretty disgusting really. Surely that’s got to breach some standard or rules?

kelvin

Look Cummings has shown that to win that you have to be prepared to ride rough shot over any soft regulations and their watchdogs. Worry about having to pay minor fines or issue insincere apologies after you’ve won. Our country has nothing robust enough in place to keep this kind of thing in check.

binners

Indeed.

And the Labour Party still thinks it’s a local council meeting about planning permission in Tower Hamlets

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Well you’ve got 3 weeks to decide my punishment for when I deliver Boris his majority.

Enemy of the workers, so the glorious gulags for you – where you will be rehabilitated.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

DazH, the public getting the government they deserve is only part of the story. They also get the opposition they deserve.

I seem to remember you and others got very upset when I stated that I wanted to see the hardest of hard brexits because that’s what the British public deserve. And that it wasn’t politicians who tricked us into Brexit, it was because the British identity held by the public is rotten at it’s core. The press and the politicians simply court that debased national consciousness.

🙂

batfink
    Free Member

Sigh….. I agree with Binners.

rone

`That’s pretty disgusting really. Surely that’s got to breach some standard or rules?

Yes and on top of their recent Keir Starmer edit – there should be an apolitical attack on the way the Tories conduct there affairs.

Same as the Republicans – they are the party of lies.

rone

An intensive understanding for misrepresenting personality over the country’s needs ‘course’.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

If one’s medium term goal is to see an independent Scotland…. this is all going swimmingly. Kind of a Disaster Constitutional Change as opposed to Disaster Capitalism.

I actually wouldn’t be into Scotch Independence if we had a more representative voting system across the UK – something that forced politicians to work together instead of blaming another party for every single problem and policy.

sargey

So binners ranting will change the minds of people on this forum, yeh right!!

dazh

I seem to remember you and others got very upset when I stated that I wanted to see the hardest of hard brexits because that’s what the British public deserve.

The difference being of course that when the public is fooled in a GE they get the chance to change their mind a few years later.

it was because the British identity held by the public is rotten at it’s core

Not going to disagree with you here. Is that the fault of the public or the people who lead and influence them though? Nothing will change until the public become more politicised. That won’t happen until politicians start listening to them, even if that means doing stupid stuff that they want.

binners

Brexit and the next ten years of Tory rule will all be a lot easier to accept if you’ve got a big blanket of pious, self-righteous virtue to wrap yourself up in.

That way, nothing is ever your fault

senorj

I foresee a massive Tory/Brexit party shaped coalition. Might have to move to Scotland.

kelvin

Nothing will change until the public become more politicised.

The public HAS become politicised. There is a reason Johnson used every question last night to repeat his new Brexit related lie.

dannyh
    Free Member

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!

This is annoying enough:

“Piffle paffle wiffle waffle……..rah, rah, rah, erm, erm… get Brexit done…. rah, rah, rah, make Britain great again……. wiffle waffle piffle paffle”.

Lies, lies, lies.

But the excruciating thing is knowing that this tripe from a serial liar and egotistical pillock is going to be good enough. This will be Jezza’s political epitaph:

“You lost to that tosser?”

dannyh
    Free Member

The public HAS become politicised.

Yep, by populism.

No substance of course, just a general feeling that complex problems can be solved by being bluff and crass and aggressive. This leads to dark places if left unchecked.

stevextc
    Free Member

kelvin

Of course he isn’t. He’s voting Labour, and pointing out that not nearly enough other people will be because they have the wrong leader, who listens too much to the wrong people. If you’re in a Labour/Tory marginal, please also vote Labour. I wouldn’t advise going out there trying to get people to want Corbyn as PM though, people do not like or trust him. Focus on how vacuous and tub thumping Johnson is instead if you want to get people voting Labour.

The issue here is that Labour are doing sod all to help themselves.
    Other than free broadband which sadly but hopefully will swing voters.

perchypanther
    Free Member

It’s a sad indictment of our society that the two most, impressive and statesmen-like people who stood before a lectern on ITV last night were a daft wee lassie with a hat full of spiders and a third rate Irish comedian with a cockroach in his ear.

nickc

I thought the only person on stage last night that came away looking half professional was Julie Etchingham. I think it’s pretty clear the audience thought that both leaders were pretty useless.Even when given an open goal about trust in Johnson, Corbyn failed to take the opportunity to push Johnson into a corner.

Corbyn looked shifty, and Johnson was a gibbering idiot who wouldn’t shut up when asked to, and this is our choice for PM? Great

kelvin

A quick reminder that you are electing your MP, not your PM.

Vote to keep a Tory out of your seat.

Plenty of us are hoping for a hung parliament that results in both of these leaders being moved on by their parties in the medium term.

molgrips
    Free Member

But the excruciating thing is knowing that this tripe from a serial liar and egotistical pillock is going to be good enough. This will be Jezza’s political epitaph:

“You lost to that tosser?”

We are going through what the US did at their last election.

Rationally speaking, people like Trump and Johnson should be easy to beat, because they talk out of their arse. But that’s exactly why they are so hard to beat. They will say ANYThING that people want to hear, because they have no conscience, so those who aren’t too bright will just lap it up. So you cannot blame Corbyn all the way here. Beating this kind of candidate is extremely difficult, just ask a seasoned political operator like Clinton.

olddog

stevextc
    Free Member

.Even when given an open goal about trust in Johnson, Corbyn failed to take the opportunity to push Johnson into a corner.

Beyond open goal … but using the sport’s analogy Boris knocked his own stumps off on multiple occasions while Jezza just pretended it didn’t happen.

Johnson lies about 40 new hospitals … and I’m sat waiting for Grandad to rip him a new arsehole….

nickc

A quick reminder that you are electing your MP, not your PM.

Thank you Mr Dimbleby 🙂  I’m aware of how voting works…I’m voting Labour, we have perhaps a unique chance to get shot of Craig Whittaker; this is the only thing making this whole shit-show bearable at the moment

kelvin

Beyond open goal

Or a conscious decision to play the ball not the man?

a unique chance

I think plenty of people who think Whittaker is an awful MP will still turn out and vote for him because of Brexit, where as many other voters will just stay at home. The Cummings playbook neatly distilled into one constituency.

molgrips
    Free Member

Even when given an open goal about trust in Johnson, Corbyn failed to take the opportunity to push Johnson into a corner.

It wouldn’t matter. You can’t nail shit to a wall.

binners

So you cannot blame Corbyn all the way here. Beating this kind of candidate is extremely difficult, just ask a seasoned political operator like Clinton.

Could you just run us through exactly what Jezza has been doing for the last 40 years? Before he recently became an MP?

Oh…erm…

Quite an achievement to have spent your entire life doing something and still manage to have absolutely no instinct for it whatsoever and continue to be as hopeless at it as you were 40 years ago when you started. In fact, probably worse as the world moved on but you stayed rooted to the spot. Suspended forever in 1973.

I’ve a mug of coffee sat in front of me here that is possessed with sharper political instincts than grandad.

Johnson lies about 40 new hospitals … and I’m sat waiting for Grandad to rip him a new arsehole….

Present but not involved. Its a recurring theme. Like he’s watching it on telly. It doesn’t require a response, does it?

martinhutch

Yes, yes, Frankie, his appearance is barely worthy of comment…

Corbyn sounds like a dreadful town, dresses like a catalogue model for the Sue Ryder shop and won’t look significantly different when he’s been dead for a week.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/19/frankie-boyle-jeremy-corbyn-elected-destroyed-murdoch

stevextc
    Free Member

Or a conscious decision to play the ball not the man?

This is Boris … the LIES ARE THE BALL

TerryWrist
    Free Member

With such obvious hypocrisy like that, I’m definitely not voting for Frankie Boyle. Not sure of his constituency but clearly he’s a right joker.

olddog

I blame Brexit on the fact that Ed Miliband couldn’t eat a bacon sandwich…

molgrips
    Free Member

Could you just run us through exactly what Jezza has been doing for the last 40 years?

Not trying to be leader. In fact, he didn’t want to be leader, and didn’t want to run. The membership elected him leader, cos they wanted a leftie. So is it the membership that’s to blame? Or is it the other candidates for not presenting the membership with better left-wing options?

That’s what I meant when I said he wasn’t elected in a vacuum. We got here (Johnson, Corbyn, Sturgeon) via a long route – lots of things had to happen. It’s not productive just to throw shit at Corbyn (especially when you want him elected….)

Re liars – you can call them out all day long. The supporters just won’t care (see Trump).

Viewing 40 posts - 2,721 through 2,760 (of 6,291 total)

The topic ‘2019 General Election’ is closed to new replies.