• This topic has 6,282 replies, 176 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by kelvin.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 6,291 total)
  • 2019 General Election
  • binners

Would I like to see the railways renationalised?

Very much so.

Do I have even the slightest shred of confidence if the ability of Corbyn and the clowns around him not to achieve that task?

What do you think?

I’ve said god knows how many times on this and other threads that my problem isn’t with ideology, it’s with competence.

Look at the influence that idiots like Len McClusky have, then have a think about how their idea of renationalising would pan out?

Just take a moment.,,,

Think it’ll go well?

raybanwomble
    Free Member

It wouldn’t and the electorate know it. That’s why the tories are polling at 45% and we’re going to end up with a 1000 year Tory reich.

Think labour will win in 2025? **** no, they’ll make Rayner leader.

So 2030 at a minimum.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

they’ll make Rayner leader.

#BackingBurgon

kelvin

If Johnson gets his majority, all the gerrymandering the Tories keep having to put on the back burner will start kicking off again, and Labour will be out for longer then 10 years, no matter what changes they make internally. But still, let’s not worry about that and start working with other parties to stop Johnson… instead… onwards to a glorious “we didn’t lose by as much as the polling suggested” future.

frankconway

Burgon is utterly useless.

binners

It really is 1983 all over again in the Labour Party

With the same results

Especially as the rest of us (who they’re meant to represent) get ****ed over by the Tory’s for another ****ing decade+.

Again

Bunch of self-absorbed, self-serving, clueless, virtue-signalling, placard-waving, sixth form level tossers

They’ll all be alright, obviously…

The multi-millionaire Marxists

Oh… and how are things in Bolivia?

dannyh
    Free Member

It’s basically over, I’m afraid.

Johnson is going to get his majority and royally **** everyone except a few hedge fund managers, rich pensioners and spiv outsourcing firms.

And Labour will go down without so much as a bit of small arms fire.

Like farting against thunder with a lame duck like Corbyn at the helm. This could and should have been so very different.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Frank, lest we forget, he is currently Shadow Secretary of State for Justice and Shadow Lord Chancellor.

That’s the calibre of people The Jezziah has around him.

kelvin

It’s not over yet… but a hell of a lot needs happen in the next few weeks…

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Please let us run your interwebz. Please?

Britain’s opposition Labour Party was using a $20-a-month “basic security” service to protect its website when hackers attempted to force it offline last week and temporarily slowed down online campaigning, according to internal emails seen by Reuters.

Such entry-level protection is not recommended for large organisations at high risk of cyberattacks, but the messages show Labour has since decided against upgrading to an increased security package on grounds of cost.

https://uk.mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUKKBN1XT27T?taid=5dd430b5288b7c000126f13c&utm

Still, at least Milne and Murray got their pay rises, comrades!

frankconway

CFH – yes, I know what role Burgon holds.
    Johnson’s front bench team are equally unimpressive – and significantly more odious.

rone

Oven ready…

benv
    Free Member

Pretty dull and uninspiring so far. Great choice eh?

molgrips
    Free Member

Ok this thread is really beginning to annoy me now.

Binners. You put more effort into slagging off Labour despite being on their side than you do the Tories. This is the definition of infighting isn’t it? One of many things that you heavily criticise Labour for, and yet you’re doing it yourself. Corbyn wasnt elected in a vacuum. Situation led us here, so don’t just attack him all day long, it’s damaging the prospects of your own side.

Flashheart. You’re just throwing mud like a kid in a playground. You know damn well that the Labour party website is probably run by some junior minion with no clue. You also know that Labour party HQ doesn’t just take over the country if an election is won, there’s like, a government, a civil service and stuff. You’re just making snide insinuations to mock the side you don’t like, like a primary school kid. **** piss poor.

Everyone else: grr.

dazh

Ok this thread is really beginning to annoy me now.

I’m quite enjoying it. The plight of people on here who’ve spent the last however long slagging off labour/Corbyn and parroting the lies and smears from the people they supposedly disagree with is something to behold. And then they whine about how unfair it all is that the tories are ahead. Have I mentioned how people get the government they deserve? Well this place is a test-case of that.

binners

Molls – I grew up in a northern town In the 80’s when the Tory’s just closed down the pits. I loath them with every fibre of my being. I can never forgive them for what they did to us, especially as they seem to enjoy it

So I get absolutely infuriated when I see the Labour Party repeat the mistakes of the 80’s, by being totally unelectable, allow the Tory’s the complete free run they gave them from 1979 until 1997

The Labour Party under Corbyn and his millionaire Marxists are doomed to eternal opposition.

But they’re alright with that because they’ll carry on waving their placards and they won’t be the ones getting bent over by the Tory’s while they go in dry.

mattyfez

There will always be slagging off as long as parties sick to blind ideology rather than making individual decisions on individual situations at individual times based on what’s best for the country.

The Conservatives and Labour are probably the best examples of this.

rone

Molls – I grew up in a northern town In the 80’s when the Tory’s just closed down the pits. I loath them with every fibre of my being. I can never forgive them for what they did to us, especially as they seem to enjoy it

Same here.

And the only way we can reverse some of that shit is to go for the type of Government Corbyn is offering.

I don’t know what sort of Government you think is gong to fix that.

molgrips
    Free Member

So I get absolutely infuriated when I see the Labour Party repeat the mistakes of the 80’s, by being totally unelectable, allow the Tory’s the complete free run they gave them from 1979 until 1997

Yes, I am with you there, but you are actually making matters slightly worse.

binners

So it’s my fault they’re totally unelectable?

Erm… ok

You know I draw pictures for a living, right?

I’m not a politician

jam-bo

Corbyn constantly avoiding the ‘is he a leaver or remainer’ question isn’t a good look.

Neither are those bloody glasses. Unless he’s got a wonky head won’t someone please straighten them…

seosamh77
    Free Member

jam bo

Subscriber
    Corbyn constantly avoiding the ‘is he a leaver or remainer’ question isn’t a good look.

Only if you’re an idiot that can’t see by the tory sound-byte.

pondo

Erm… ok

You’re certainly not helping, and it’s really **** tedious.

It’s not, but it’s better than having a platform based solely on a single ad hom.

Dickyboy

Only watched the last 10mins,thought Corbyn came across better than Johnson to be honest but then I really detest Johnson so probably a wee bit biased.

dazh

Why? I would have though a politician saying a decision of such magnitude is one for the people is a perfectly acceptable position, and that’s what he said repeatedly.

Neither are those bloody glasses. Unless he’s got a wonky head won’t someone please straighten them…

And that’s why we will get the government we deserve. Who gives a shit about his glasses.

petefromearth

Based on that performance I’d say we’re stuck with Boris for the foreseeable

jjprestidge
    Free Member

Same here.

And the only way we can reverse some of that shit is to go for the type of Government Corbyn is offering.

I don’t know what sort of Government you think is gong to fix this.

I don’t know why you can’t seem to grasp the fact that Corbyn’s Labour are not competent enough to fix anything.

The best that I, and many other posters on this thread, can hope for is another hung parliament. That’s a pretty sad indictment of the current political situation.

JP

jam-bo

I’ll more than likely vote labour but attack away.

seosamh77
    Free Member

The starkest difference that i can see between the 2, is that Corbyn is telling you what he’s going to do (agree with that or not, but they are fairly clear).

Johnstone is completely short on details, for anything.

I’m gonny dub this election “The Battle of the Bolshevic and the Bullshitter”! 😆

iffoverload
    Free Member

Wouldn’t it be fun if millions of people made a protest vote for the green party.

seosamh77
    Free Member

iffoverload

Wouldn’t it be fun if millinos of people just made a protest vote for the green party.

yay, middle class wankery to the rescue! 😆

mattyfez

I agree a hung parliament is the best outcome of the realistic options.
    More uncertainty and messing about is very bad, but not as nearly bad as a Johnson lead tory government.

Vote tactically people!

iffoverload
    Free Member

seosamh77
    yay, middle class wankery to the rescue! 😆

what the lib dems got to do with it?

kiksy
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart

Please let us run your interwebz. Please?

Britain’s opposition Labour Party was using a $20-a-month “basic security” service to protect its website when hackers attempted to force it offline last week and temporarily slowed down online campaigning, according to internal emails seen by Reuters.

Such entry-level protection is not recommended for large organisations at high risk of cyberattacks, but the messages show Labour has since decided against upgrading to an increased security package on grounds of cost

Cloudflare is very effective and very cheap. It’s used by 1000s of large companies.

The Labour site was useable during the attack, although slow. Cloudflare then kicked in a browser check to mitigate the attack.

Trying to make out that Labour are silly for using $20 Cloudflare isn’t enough is silly, as it literally was. The site stayed up and nothing was compromised.

iffoverload
    Free Member

No, CaptainMeathead is totally on the ball.

v8ninety

Erm… ok

You know I draw pictures for a living, right?

No it’s not your fault. But you are undoubtedly an influencer as one of the most vocal and colourful detractors of Corbyn et al, whilst supposedly being ‘left leaning’ on here. STW is not mumsnet, but I don’t doubt that traffic to this site, and this thread is several orders of magnitude larger than the number of people who are brave (stupid?) enough to engage in opinion sharing on it.

Don’t underestimate your influence, when posting on a popular public forum. You’re currently working for Boris, whether you realise it or not. And we always joke that Chewk or whatever his username is, is the ‘bot’…

kelvin

Johnstone is completely short on details, for anything.

The answer to better _____ is to ‘get Brexit done’.

Again and again. He was there to deliver one message only, and to avoid policy.

You’re currently working for Boris

Of course he isn’t. He’s voting Labour, and pointing out that not nearly enough other people will be because they have the wrong leader, who listens too much to the wrong people. If you’re in a Labour/Tory marginal, please also vote Labour. I wouldn’t advise going out there trying to get people to want Corbyn as PM though, people do not like or trust him. Focus on how vacuous and tub thumping Johnson is instead if you want to get people voting Labour.

seosamh77
    Free Member

v8ninety

Don’t underestimate your influence,

Erm, lets not over estimate it either, eh… 😆

seosamh77
    Free Member

binners

Subscriber
    Would I like to see the railways renationalised?

Very much so.

Do I have even the slightest shred of confidence if the ability of Corbyn and the clowns around him not to achieve that task?

What do you think?

I’ve said god knows how many times on this and other threads that my problem isn’t with ideology, it’s with competence.

Look at the influence that idiots like Len McClusky have, then have a think about how their idea of renationalising would pan out?

Just take a moment.,,,

Think it’ll go well?

Ok, tories it is then. 😆

v8ninety

Erm, lets not over estimate it either, eh…

Fair do’s, that’s a bit dramatic. The effect is unquantifiable, but is definitely pushing in the wrong direction.

Of course he isn’t.

Okay, he’s a ‘useful (and quite entertaining) idiot’ then. At this moment in time it’s a two horse race, and constant, pointed and aggressive slagging off of Corbyn is only going to help one side. Save it for after the day of the race, then feel free to slag away.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,641 through 2,680 (of 6,291 total)

The topic ‘2019 General Election’ is closed to new replies.