• This topic has 6,282 replies, 176 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by kelvin.
Viewing 40 posts - 5,161 through 5,200 (of 6,291 total)
  • 2019 General Election
  • squirrelking
    Free Member

As far as predictions go I reckon Scotland will largely remain yellow but beyond that who knows.

I’d like Labour to win, minority being better for hopefully injecting some sanity back into this whole shit show.

My pessimistic side sees more of the same with no conclusive result.

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Kussenberg is an odious scumbag.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t think Tory min is an option, is it? Is anyone else going to work with them?

raybanwomble
    Free Member

+1 Molgrips

It’s shit or bust for the Tories now. I’m hoping for a hung parliament again to humiliate the commons and the country at large. A hung parliament with Johnson losing his seat would be brilliant.

scotroutes

Is anyone else going to work with them?

Are you trolling the LibDems?

martinhutch

Tory minority I reckon

I’m interested in the mechanics of how a Tory minority government would be assembled – they literally have no friends left at Westminster, they’ve even pissed off the DUP. Who would be propping it up?

EDIT: beaten to it by Molly et al.

binners

Prediction: Narrow labour minority government (which is probably the best we can hope for).

What I’m bothered about is our own (non-Corbynite) Labour MP losing his job to be replaced by some reactionary, Brexiteer, Tory, Far right nut-job. He’s done a brilliant job as a constituancy MP and is a thoroughly decent bloke, whereas the last Tory we had (a proper hang ’em and flog ’em, rabidly anti-EU fruit loop) couldn’t find the constituency he was meant to be representing on a map. He turned up once or twice a year for a whistlestop tour of photo-opportunities then hightailed it back to London as fast as his little legs could carry him (first class on expenses, obviously)

James has a 4,500 majority at the moment but it’s going to be a close run thing

frankconway

Latest odds from skybet for post election gov:
    – tory majority 2/5
    – lab minority 5/1
    – tory minority 12/1
    – lab/SNP coalition 12/1
    – lab/SNP/LD coalition 16/1
    – lab majority 20/1

There are specific definitions of majority, minority & coalition.

Other options available at 40/1 and longer.
    £10 on tory minority and/or lab-SNP coalition both at 12s are tempting.
    Three way coalition would be marriage made in hell.

molgrips
    Free Member

I don’t think SNP will go for formal coalition – how can you be on a UK-wide government when you’re a separatist? – but maybe S&C.

molgrips
    Free Member

We should have arranged an STW election night meet up.

frankconway

Corbyn wants power and will look at all possible options.
    Same applies to Sturgeon; nothing I know of to prevent any nationalist party being part of coalition.
    SNP entering into S&C to support lab minority is, I think, too uncertain for Corbyn; coalition provides more certainty – and control.
    Who knows?

nickc

I predict a tiny Tory majority. I’ll be genuinely surprised with anything else.

BoardinBob

I detest Kuensberg. She’s an absolute disgrace to the profession.

Tory minority for me. Which will fall apart within 6 months and we’re back here again

ctk
    Free Member

raybanwomble

Kussenberg is an odious scumbag.

Agree, I watched it live, the postal vote thing went over my head but her disdain for Corbyn was undeniable. “I’m going to one of his rallies, he’ll do one of his speeches, attended by his members”

kimbers

molgrips

Subscriber
    We should have arranged an STW election night meet up.

Riding Woburn if anyone wants to join, probably in the rain & not back until after exit polls

Edukator
    Free Member

It’s not what I’d hope for but on the basis of polls, currency markets and bad weather – Tory majority of six seats.

kimbers

Kussenbergs not that bad, she’s right about Corbyn holding rallies for his members, but that fires them up to get out campaigning

Her problem is that she lives or does by her inside scoops, gotta tweet the latest news first, so she’s pretty much Cummings pet in this election

Waderider
    Free Member

Why can’t I easily find this mornings fridge story about Boris on the BBC website? Might be my own ineptitude?

Whatever, if its that hard to find the website editor is making it so. I call the BBC biased. I have never worn a tin foil hat!

sadexpunk

Who’s taken Friday off so that they can stay up and watch the results come in? Fess up… who’s as sad and tragic as me?

itd just make me angry and sad at the same time, so ill stay away from the telly and wake up the next day to the news any compassionate human being dreads, then just get on with it……

stumpyjon

Sounds like the day after the Brexit vote.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Why can’t I easily find this mornings fridge story about Boris on the BBC website? Might be my own ineptitude?

It’s here:

raybanwomble
    Free Member

Agree, I watched it live, the postal vote thing went over my head but her disdain for Corbyn was undeniable. “I’m going to one of his rallies, he’ll do one of his speeches, attended by his members”

I’m not particularly a fan of Corbyn, but I thought the postal vote comment was outrageous coming from a BBC journalist.

Waderider
    Free Member

Ta outofbreath, but my point is why isn’t that on the BBC?! Doesn’t need to be at the top, but should be there. It is very relevant…..Boris runs away!

outofbreath
    Free Member

I’m interested in the mechanics of how a Tory minority government would be assembled – they literally have no friends left at Westminster, they’ve even pissed off the DUP. Who would be propping it up?

This.

Anything other than an actual Tory Majority will lead to a Labour Government of some kind, perhaps not with Corbyn as leader.

Whoever “wins”, this is not going to be a happy period in Government. Brexit has to be done or halted (both unpopular) and growth was flat this month and we must be due a recession after 10 years of (tiny) growth.

frankconway

Waderider, it’s on the BBC news feed – and has been since late this morning; probably should have been on there earlier but that’s a different discussion.

outofbreath
    Free Member

Ta outofbreath, but my point is why isn’t that on the BBC?!

Sorry, didn’t read it properly, thought you wanted to see the vid.

kerley
    Free Member

I predict a tiny Tory majority. I’ll be genuinely surprised with anything else.

That is what my money will be on. And I will have more of it with the Tories in power which oddly is not what I want to happen.

richardkennerley

Anyone else see Steve coogan on C4 news?

He’s promoting tactical voting, but essentially called all Tory voters “ignorant and ill informed” by way of comparing them to partridge.

Can’t imagine that was a very good idea.

outofbreath
    Free Member

That is what my money will be on. And I will have more of it with the Tories in power which oddly is not what I want to happen.

Just make a donation to the treasury of the amount you think you ought to be paying – there’s a mechanism to do that.

binners

kelvin

frankconway

Tory minority would lead to attempts in all directions to form alliances; brexit, plaid & greens are unlikely to have any seats to trade with.
    Independents will wish to remain exactly that – independent.
    SNP & LDs have both explicitly ruled out working with tories.
    Johnson unlikely to willingly cede but may be forced to tell Brenda he cannot form a gov and she will then invite Corbyn to have a go.
    That’s when the ‘fun’ will start.
    Nothing good – other than johnson & corbyn both walking – will come of this election.

rone

Just a reminder how good the Tories are with the economy and what happens you cut spending.

A government has to spend or the economy will never recover.

chewkw
    Free Member

Anyone else see Steve coogan on C4 news?

He’s promoting tactical voting, but essentially called all Tory voters “ignorant and ill informed” by way of comparing them to partridge.

Can’t imagine that was a very good idea.

Yes, I saw that but I think Steve Coogan is turning into his own character.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

They are not paying for the shares.

Can you point to where it says they won’t? That’s most certainly not in there.

I will tell you how it will work though. The companies will grant 1% of shares to the fund until 10% is built up.

The company. So the company will have to own the shares. So they will have to buy them, create them. Or steal them. Which would be a crime. Either way, the government is not going to steak your shares. Stop the bs

outofbreath
    Free Member

They are not paying for the shares.

Can you point to where it says they won’t? That’s most certainly not in there.

Budget for it is not included in the Grey Book so there is no budget planned for purchase.

Unless you claiming there’s a 770bn hole in Labour’s spending plan that the IFS failed to spot.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

You all ready to realise how wrong you are?

gordimhor

The dream ticket, Nicola and Jeremy, annoys the **** out the gammoners, Scottish Labour distraught, jackson carlaw apopletic, indyref 2 delivered, we get the hell out of dodge after finally growing a pair of baws and voting yes, and the cherry on the cake?.
    That smug arsehole swinson loses her seat.

Yes please ..Now that would be a Christmas present

Edukator
    Free Member

I hope I’m wrong, yourguitarhero, massive turnouts for Plaid, the SNP, LibDems and greens would be wonderful. I can’t see it happening though hence my prediction.

Viewing 40 posts - 5,161 through 5,200 (of 6,291 total)

The topic ‘2019 General Election’ is closed to new replies.