Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 332 total)
  • 2019 Enduro Racing Thread
  • timbog160

Wow that’s a great result well done 👍 I was just happy to get down (til I didn’t!)

snapperdan
    Free Member

Very impressive result blackmountains rider!

Sorry to hear about your injury Timbog – hope you have a speedy recovery.

qtip

Congratulations @blackmountainsrider and hope you heal soon @timbog160 . @snapperdan – your thoughts pretty much echo mine. Not my first Enduro but definitely the one I’ve found hardest. Being down the bottom of the results table is somewhat disheartening but I’m trying to ignore that and take something from the fact that I didn’t quit and rode well (for me) in places even if I struggled to put in any solid runs. I think Dyfi is going to be another tough one for me as (like Foel) it’s completely different to the type of tracks that I normally ride. I’ve also signed up for FDHR membership, so if you ever fancy a practice there with a fellow bottom of the table dweller then give me a shout.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

I missed your post timbog, hope you haven’t done any serious damage. Thanks, it seems like the hard work is paying off for me. They are hard tracks to race on, at foel, no easy sections at all really today. Racing’s all about taking part and doing your personal best I think.

snapperdan
    Free Member

@qtip I’d be up for that – planning to head down there one weekend before Dyfi for sure. I had a chat wit the organiser today and he said Dyfi is a lot less of a handful than Foel G!

@blackmountainsrider
    totally agree with you about racing – reckon I did as best as I could’ve under the circumstances and I’m pleased I finished it. To be honest it’s great to have a whole new world of mtb riding opened up to me. It’s pretty awe inspiring to see how people can ride tracks that hard at such speed – what’s your secret??!! Apart from bloody hard work and practice!!

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

To be honest, I think it’s what you said, lots of practice! I ride alot of steep trails, so that helps me when I then race on them. I’ve improved a lot in the last 3 years since being able to ride in South Wales regularly.

The very quick riders are just on another level though. The second fastest time of the day was a rider in the vets category, he was over a minute quicker than me, and about 50 seconds quicker than the masters category winner.

timbog160

Photos are up on rootsandrain – quite pleased with a couple of them in spite of my dnf. Assuming knee has calmed down by then I might offer to do a bit of marshalling at the Dyfi round – as the day is already booked…!

Stupid.is
    Free Member

Another weekend and another race! Down in Hampshire for the weekend which can only mean it’s Southern Enduro time. Always look forward to the QECP has it feels like the guys always out that little extra work in on there home spot. I guess a lack of 2 plus hour drive helps. Weather has been wet. It looks dry now for the weekend so should be plenty of grip. Bring it on!

mattbee

Main park was alright yesterday, bit greasy here and there with a few puddles.

Breezy but sunny today so it will dry out more. Should be good for tomorrow which is nice as there have been a few very wet ones!

Stupid.is
    Free Member

Oh thats good to hear. Last year was still good fun despite the weather but it will be noice to hit the course at full speed rather than sideways at minus miles an hour!

Akers

I’ll be there at the Southern Enduro tomorrow, making up the numbers in the Vets category. Kit packed, bike prepped. Looking forward to it, never ridden there before, should be a cracker!

Stupid.is
    Free Member

Well that was a good giggle! Round 1 of Southern Enduro @ QECP was a belter with some great stages and cracking weather. Bagged a provisional 15th in Masters which I am dead chuffed with (waiting on Roots and Rain to update).

Stage 1 and 2 where the longest I have ridden at nearly 4 mins with a lot of peddling. 3 and 4 where shorter with a mix of berms, drops, off camber sections and rooty twisty turny stuff.

Bring on the Southern Champs!

Akers

Cracking day at the Southern Enduro Series. Great weather, crowd and trails. Stage 4 was a belter, shame I had a little off on the top section. Solid mid-table performance but heading in the right direction!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

First race of the year at the Southern Enduro for me. Not ideal prep in the fact that I was pretty ill on the Friday night & Saturday before, without 3 hours sleep before race day.

Managed to hang on to 3rd though, which was good, yet frustrating, because I could/should have won it.

Bit of a break to Southern Champs now.

darksideby182

Enjoyed Southern Enduro yesterday 9th in the fun category all stages were great fun and the weather held to be pretty good.

orena45

WGES + BNES first rounds are coming up this weekend at Afan.

Who’s doing one one, the other or both?!

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

I’m booked on to the BNES at afan this weekend, then dyfi a couple of weeks later, looking forward to it.

kimbers

Yes Andy, doing the BNES Afan , Im bricking it tbh, first race in ages and Im well out of shape!

scottfitz
    Free Member

WGES + BNES first rounds are coming up this weekend at Afan.

Who’s doing one one, the other or both?!

I will be doing both and can’t wait 🙂 might even take the new bike for a spin!!

orena45

Ah good stuff @kimbers! Don’t think it’s a massive loop so you’ll be alright I’m sure!

What’s your strategy @scottfitz…hammer one race and go more relaxed on the other, or all out for both?!? Or, just cruise both?! 😁

I’m doing the two races…think my legs might regret it for BNES!

scottfitz
    Free Member

My plan is:
    Saturday to Practice the mash up stages in the morning then race the mash up then practice the 2 remaining BNES stages.
    Sunday: try and survive after riding to much on Saturday.

I’m there for fun (and market research) rather than the result.

Don’t think it’s a massive loop so you’ll be alright I’m sure!

According to Charlie one of the BNES stages is a long way from the others. I Might just race that blind.

orena45

Saturday to Practice the mash up stages in the morning then race the mash up then practice the 2 remaining BNES stages.
    Sunday: try and survive after riding to much on Saturday.

Ha, no doubt I’ll be similar!

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

If the stagevthats further away is the same one that was raced ar the ukge last year its a good one! Probably. Worth practising as there were a few tricky bits on it.

I’m mainly hoping the weather improves before saturday as its a bit wet atm in Bristol and S Wales

scottfitz
    Free Member

Andy & Kimbers are you there on your own? Feel free to join the Southern Enduro Team for a pedal about.

orena45

Cheers Scott. I’m there with a mate but will look out for you folks (and you Kimbers) and tag along if we see ya 👍🙂

kimbers

Geting excited now, forecast looks OK too

bring it!

Tracey

We have just arrived. It hot and sunny. 😎

stumpy120
    Free Member

Scottish Enduro at Laggan tomorrow!

Forecast looking decent, can’t wait.

superfli
    Free Member

I’ll be at afan tomorrow. Extremely early start (4:30 am!). Will meet up with you Scott and kimbers for practise.
    Put my fav summer tyre on this eve- slaughter. Unfortunately it blew off rim and warped v.badly. pissed off as I love that tyre. High roller it is then on spare wheel (couldn’t be arsed to change again).
    Should get to bed.

superfli
    Free Member

What a weekend racing! Fantastic loop, great distance, and a very good mix of trails. Stage 2 and 4 were bloody brilliant! Conditions were spot on. No chain for me on S1 was a bummer 🙁 but rest were just awesome.

kimbers

Yeah was a great weekend, stages 2& 4 were nice & steep, my legs were done by the end, need to get fitter.

Oh and Neath is a wild night out

Tracey

We have just got back. Did a bit of riding and a bit of watching and cheering. Great weekend overall.

jamesoz

Gutted I missed it. Still recovering from throat surgery, not really up to racing speed. Should be good by the Southern champs though.

rob8624
    Free Member

Firstly, I’m a local at Afan and it was great to see so many riders enjoying the area and thanks to Charlie (and the rest of his team) for bringing the event to the area. What with the downhill nationals just down-the-road at Rheola, it really is great to see the benefits that mountain biking can bring to an area. Well done to kimbers, surviving a night out in Neath, also.

I did the Gravity race on Saturday, the weather was perfect and dry trails, although I have never pedaled so much in my life, steep and technical trails are all good and well, but these really did test the fitness levels and were quite hard in that respect.

Well done to Leigh Johnson, proper nice lad but an absolute beast when it comes to racing.

mst_biker
    Free Member

Anyone know if there will be a one off enduro national champs this year? Or is there just the series instead? Ta

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Was a great weekend, and I was happy with my result. Only negative was a lack of proper seeding etc, which I think a national level race should have. It definitely cost me a fair bit of time when catching slower riders etc, and I know I wasn’t the only one.

moaning over the stages were great, I loved all of them, especially S1 S2 and 4.

orena45

Great weekend also! Raced Mash Up and practiced for Sunday’s race on Saturday. Stormed 2 Mash Up stages but couldn’t get Stage 2 right in my two only attempts.

Felt a little tired on Sunday for the ‘big’ race and rode all stages clean but my stages times were down on the previous day by a reasonable and surprising amount!

Enjoyed having two races for the price of one but kinda feel like they were both a little compromised in the end…or I didn’t prioritise them effectively! Still massive fun though.

Congrats on the podiums @scottfitz and good to see you and @kimbers there 😀

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Brilliant weekend at Afan and a great mix of tracks. 2 and 4 were my favourite. The hardtail crew were super friendly and it stayed dry!

qtip

Weather’s looking interesting for the WES round at Dyfi this weekend. I predict I’ll be spending half my time sliding down the hill off my bike!

scottfitz
    Free Member

A bit of a call to action, our numbers are a bit down on the QECP Day and Night Enduro from previous years.

Its the longest running Enduro that has a night element in the UK and I would hate to have to drop it next year. Personally its one of my favourite events.

It’s practice in the Light and race in the Dark (Light hire available) Its over 4 stages and is part of the QE Cyclefest (Free parking, free camping and loads of demo bikes etc…)

Its on 11th May and in Queen Elizabeth country park in Hampshire.

We also need some more marshals if anyone would like to help out (and get £45).

Here is the link to sign up if interested:
    http://southernenduro.co.uk/product/southernenduroqecpdaynightenduro/

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 332 total)

The topic ‘2019 Enduro Racing Thread’ is closed to new replies.