2019 Enduro Racing Thread

Viewing 12 posts - 281 through 292 (of 292 total)
  • 2019 Enduro Racing Thread
  • Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

I really need to do an Enduro one day…. but expense troubles me along with lack of ability… I worry i’m going to have about a dozen riders being held up screaming at me to get out of the way as i’m destroying their time !

One like that though with family etc sounds great.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

There is usually a fun category if you’re worried about your pace, but it’s generally not a problem,I had to let a few faster guys past me this weekend.

If you’re near swinley then swinduro is a good shout, not too technical! & this year they are having camping & kids races, as well as xc & dual slalom it seems !

https://www.swinduro.com/

Edit there’s even a gravel race. & An old skool MTB race.
    Actually had no idea so much was happening at swinduro, Tristan is taking on a lot, there’s only one way to find out if it will be Glastonbury on bikes or Fyre festival, gonna sign up!

titusrider

Plus one on the QECP day and night enduro being a fantastic day out. Now wondering if I can manage another couple over the summer.

Came with a mate and bagged a top ten in masters in my second ever race and first time outside of Fun. Me and my buddy finished less than a second apart (Thank god I snuck in the win, he was on a Hardtail vs my enduro spec beast!)

Give it a go if you are on the fence, start in Fun and then move up to the main categories once you have a good idea of the speeds.

seanr

Picking the right event is definitely the best way to enjoy it. Sure if you mention location plenty of people will advise what events are less serious and more fun to get the most out of it.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

Swinduro Sounds ideal! Consider me booking up on payday for me and my lad.

Hob Nob

For dipping your toe in the enduro water the Swinduro is about as tame as it gets.

If you’re worried about pace, just enter fun, or grade yourself (I think they ask when you enter to put yourself down as 1-5, 1 being fast, 5 being slow) & be observant to faster riders. You will know after the first stage if you’re likely to be caught.

If you’re the catching rider, you can always leave a bigger gap at the start too, but the stages are mega short anyway.

Premier Icon weeksy
    Subscriber

I don’t think i’m terrible…. but I’m no Sam Hill either… Looks likely though that me and my boy are in for it 🙂 Trying to rope in a couple of others.

Thanks for the info lads.

Hob Nob

No seeding on Saturday now?

FML, the entry list is stacked. 😆

scottfitz

No seeding on Saturday now?

No 2 reasons:
    1. Main reason not enough day light for 600 riders.
    2. None of the other BNES rounds have seeding.

Looks like I have got into the main event on Sunday which is great!

My question is therefore when can I practice stage 1,2&3 on Saturday as I am also doing the Lite mash-up? Timings say I can from 15:30-16:30 so is this enough time and what happens if I want to hang round for the Lite podium presentation?

Cheers.

scottfitz

Practice stage 1,2&3 in the morning before the mash up, you can d them in under an hour.

Viewing 12 posts - 281 through 292 (of 292 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.