Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 332 total)
  • 2019 Enduro Racing Thread
  • weeksy

I really need to do an Enduro one day…. but expense troubles me along with lack of ability… I worry i’m going to have about a dozen riders being held up screaming at me to get out of the way as i’m destroying their time !

One like that though with family etc sounds great.

kimbers

There is usually a fun category if you’re worried about your pace, but it’s generally not a problem,I had to let a few faster guys past me this weekend.

If you’re near swinley then swinduro is a good shout, not too technical! & this year they are having camping & kids races, as well as xc & dual slalom it seems !

https://www.swinduro.com/

Edit there’s even a gravel race. & An old skool MTB race.
    Actually had no idea so much was happening at swinduro, Tristan is taking on a lot, there’s only one way to find out if it will be Glastonbury on bikes or Fyre festival, gonna sign up!

titusrider
    Free Member

Plus one on the QECP day and night enduro being a fantastic day out. Now wondering if I can manage another couple over the summer.

Came with a mate and bagged a top ten in masters in my second ever race and first time outside of Fun. Me and my buddy finished less than a second apart (Thank god I snuck in the win, he was on a Hardtail vs my enduro spec beast!)

Give it a go if you are on the fence, start in Fun and then move up to the main categories once you have a good idea of the speeds.

seanr
    Free Member

Picking the right event is definitely the best way to enjoy it. Sure if you mention location plenty of people will advise what events are less serious and more fun to get the most out of it.

weeksy

Swinduro Sounds ideal! Consider me booking up on payday for me and my lad.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

For dipping your toe in the enduro water the Swinduro is about as tame as it gets.

If you’re worried about pace, just enter fun, or grade yourself (I think they ask when you enter to put yourself down as 1-5, 1 being fast, 5 being slow) & be observant to faster riders. You will know after the first stage if you’re likely to be caught.

If you’re the catching rider, you can always leave a bigger gap at the start too, but the stages are mega short anyway.

weeksy

I don’t think i’m terrible…. but I’m no Sam Hill either… Looks likely though that me and my boy are in for it 🙂 Trying to rope in a couple of others.

Thanks for the info lads.

scottfitz
    Free Member
    Hob-Nob
    Free Member

No seeding on Saturday now?

FML, the entry list is stacked. 😆

scottfitz
    Free Member

No seeding on Saturday now?

No 2 reasons:
    1. Main reason not enough day light for 600 riders.
    2. None of the other BNES rounds have seeding.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

Looks like I have got into the main event on Sunday which is great!

My question is therefore when can I practice stage 1,2&3 on Saturday as I am also doing the Lite mash-up? Timings say I can from 15:30-16:30 so is this enough time and what happens if I want to hang round for the Lite podium presentation?

Cheers.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Practice stage 1,2&3 in the morning before the mash up, you can d them in under an hour.

Stupid.is
    Free Member

Ohh exciting. Pics appearing on Instagram from Exmoor and the sun is out. Oh and it looks like @scottfitz has double downed on the bogs this year.

Only doing the lite and my first mash up. Anyone got any tips on how to best approach them?

petey83
    Free Member

Well that was fun! Managed to stay upright for all seven stages but stage 2 wasn’t pretty(or fast)! It looked like the medics were busy all weekend. Hope everyone was okay.

orena45

Had some unintended lie downs in practice on the Stage 2 A line coming out of the left-right kink whilst trying to get it right. Got through it fine on my race run but followed it up with another unintended lie down on Stage 3. Topped it off by dropping my chain half way down the final stage so final time wasn’t what I hoped for.

But, huge fun as always on those trails. Gotta love that loam!

biggreyshark
    Free Member

Did the lites on Saturday and it was brilliant. Stacked it into a tree on stage 4 had time to put one run on it but was way off pace. Great laugh.

Well done @scottfitz it really was the best organised event I’ve done

mark90
    Free Member

It looked like the medics were busy all weekend. Hope everyone was okay.

My mate went down on S1 in practice and broke his collar bone. After the (excellent) medics and marshals got him down we managed to get him up to Bristol and BRI A&E sorted him out. I wasn’t racing as already have a broken shoulder.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Marshals and medics did a great job, it was super dry and loose out there.

Cheers to everyone that came 900 racers was a real challenge. And 100 ladies between the 2 races is incredible.

jamesoz

Marshals and medics did a great job, it was super dry and loose out there.

Cheers to everyone that came 900 racers was a real challenge. And 100 ladies between the 2 races is incredible.

Thanks for a great event, first race of the year for me after throat surgery. I went for too draggier tyres (given my lack of fitness) and my legs were destroyed by the end of stage 1. By stage 7 I struggled to walk up the transition.
    Brilliant fun though

kimbers

great weekend & great trails

results were definitely not my best but spent a great 4 days camping with the family at a brilliant campsite down the road, kids had a brilliant weekend

top work scott, crew & all the marshals

kids play area was great idea too,

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Had a great weekend, and mostly lucky on the weather.

Saturday riding was fun, and given the number of riders it flowed pretty well. The beer also flowed a bit well on Saturday night.

Reflecting on race day, frustrating result yet strangely pleasing. I had an off course excursion on stage 1, another on 3, far too sensible on 4 as I thought the rain would have affected it & a good old crash on a fresh corner on 5. I ended up 21st, but only 20 seconds off 10th place, which is the frustrating bit. The crash on 5 alone cost me a big chunk of that – that’s racing though!

Hopefully you all enjoyed Gary the Enduro Unicorn heckling you 🙂

kimbers

my kids loved the unicorn

seanr
    Free Member

Was a good weekend. Thought the trails where a nice mix that everyone could ride and enjoy which I guess showed in the entry. Think it closed the times up a little bit. Didn’t feel like a pushed quite hard enough but that’s racing.

qtip

Another round of the Welsh Enduro Series done. Conditions were perfect and the trails at Llandegla running fast. 32nd out of 74 in Masters was a big improvement over the previous 2 rounds for me but I have to admit to being a little disappointed. My runs were all good for me, maybe lost a handful of seconds through little errors but nothing significant so it’s a little disheartening to be 54 seconds down on the Masters winner. Still, I’ll be in Vets next year so maybe it’s not so bad – would have been 23rd of 55 Vets, but still 45 seconds off the winner. Despite the slight disappointment, another great day out. Looking forwards to Round 4.

timbog160

Still a great result so well done! Ironically I had my first proper ride yesterday since tearing my ACL and MCL at Foel. I think Llandegla would have been much more my cup of tea!

qtip

Cheers Tim. Definitely a different kettle of fish to Foel, certainly playing to my strengths more. Hope the first ride back went well and you’re healing up.

airvent
    Free Member

Has anyone else entered the Naughty Northumbrian?

scottfitz
    Free Member
    akira

Yup in naughty northumbrian, wife is doing the gravel thing on the Saturday. Barely ridden this year and nothing that steep around here so not expecting a good result but should be good day riding.

readikus

Hey, I’ve got a couple of entries for Ard Moors Sprint, if anyone is interested in taking them off me? They cost me £130.20.

kimbers

Entered bnes/wges dyfi next weekend

Not done much racing this year so should be good, hoping the weather holds !

moonsaballoon

Pmba Kirro and fair city left for me this year . Had a mixed one this year , had my best result and one of my favourite days on a bike for ages at dunkeld then a nightmare practice day at tweedlove last week which ended up with me not racing on Sunday . Looking forward to the 2 left as they are good days out .

orena45

BNES/WGES for me too next weekend. Think weather is looking good at the moment.

Final race of the season the week after that with the last round of the South West Kenda Enduro series at my local, Grogley Woods. Gonna be great having proper racing there again!

Was planning on doing the Eastridge round of WGES the week after that, but don’t think I’ll bother now as it’s too far for me to go for a one dayer!

kimbers

What a top race, hats off to Charlie, loop wasn’t massive but stages were all great

Big dump of rain on Saturday night turned sections & the whole of stage 2 into a mud chute

I crashed a lot!

Great fun tho

rob8624
    Free Member

I did the WGE on the Saturday, brilliant event (thanks Charlie and Co) with great stages especially 5.

mark88

Thoroughly enjoyed the WGE at Eastridge at the weekend. Stages were decent, atmosphere was friendly and the mash up format is good fun – nice to be able to put a run down knowing you can have another crack at it. I’ll definitely be doing more next year.

Our plan was to do four runs in the morning then stop for a cuppa and go back out to do 4 more.
    Stage 1 I caught someone and took a few seconds to pass, then stage 2 I had a messy run.
    My shock had been playing up (turns out it’s a warranty job) so I was getting lots of pedal strikes and chain slap. Second run down 2 my chain came off, then on 3 I managed to mangle my mech and snap my chain. Gutted.
    I pushed back up to 3 so I at least had a time recorded for all stages and really enjoyed the chainless run so I did it again. Somehow managed to find 7 seconds.

Just about sneaked into the top half in class so very happy considering.

jamesg55
    Free Member

the national series standings haven’t been published on roots and rain yet. are they available anywhere else?

peekay

I’ve not seen them anywhere.

I managed to do all six of the BNES series. Each race was great, but it was a serious amount of commitment in time, cost, logistics and effort to do them all.

As a thoroughly mid pack rider, I don’t think I’d make the commitment again.

I was never in it to win it, and obviously the quick boys and girls were much higher up in the points table and deservedly so, but the distribution of the points system throughout a category with a large number of entrants seemed to not really encourage people like me who made up the bulk of the pack to attend multiple races.

It was a great experience though, I’m glad I did it, and would recommend others to do so next year; but I think I’ll stick to the WGE or Southern series next year, with maybe a couple of interesting Lakes / Scotland put in to the mix as I feel like it, rather than making the huge BNES commitment again.

Thanks to all those that were involved in organising the races.

On a side note – have the organisers asked for feedback on the series anywhere?

squirrelking
    Free Member

Anyone else going to enter the Ae ND(h) uro in November?

orena45

Was sure I’d seen the BEMBA final points somewhere (with my token 4 points for taking part in 4 races!) but can’t find it. May be getting confused with the SW Series (where I got more points 😁) but thought it was on Action Sports Timing’s site.

I think the National Series worked well piggybacking existing races. However, I did both the WGES + BNES combo weekends and all four races felt compromised a little as a result, so not sure I’d do the same next year…one or the other for me.

I’ve heard rumours of potentially more races in the series next year so I’m thinking the organisers felt it went well generally.

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 332 total)

The topic ‘2019 Enduro Racing Thread’ is closed to new replies.