2019 Enduro Racing Thread

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 310 total)
  • 2019 Enduro Racing Thread
  • bartimaeus

I should be OK to marshal at the QECP Day & Night this year – we are doing Open Morning at DPS on Saturday and Alec and I will be demo’ing bikes on Sunday. I’ll check and confirm.

scottfitz

I should be OK to marshal

Ask around the DPS MTB parent too please

bgascoyne

Might take a punt in this thread…..I’m looking for an Entry to the Southern Enduro round over the second May Bank Holiday in Exmoor. Anyone have one that can no longer attend??

Cheers
    Brent

jamesg55

Can anyone enlighten me on how the BNES series points system works? 🙂

john_l

How do these events compare to something like a Gorrick XC or Big Dog course? Vaguely interested, but concerned I might be massively out of my depth.

Are full face helmets and pads compulsory?

scottfitz

Can anyone enlighten me on how the BNES series points system works? 🙂

“BNES Series points and Champions
    By working together, the BEMBA organisers have been able to create series points with overall series rankings. At the end of the season, National Enduro Series Champions will be crowned.

To gain points for the overall title, racers must compete in a minimum of four of the first five rounds and the final round. They’re able to drop their worst result from the first five but can’t drop the final round points. Riders can get an overall series ranking from any of the rounds.”

And I’m almost certain we are using the BC points like the BDS.

scottfitz

How do these events compare to something like a Gorrick XC or Big Dog course? Vaguely interested, but concerned I might be massively out of my depth.

Are full face helmets and pads compulsory?

At the grass roots level is simular technically to a Big Dog/gorrick

If you want to give one a go the Southern Enduro in Pippingford is probably one of the easiest rounds.

I don’t think there is a race in the UK where FF helmets and Pads are compulsory (there are some in Europe)

john_l

Thanks. Penshurst is quite close, might go and have a look this weekend.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

I’ve signed up for day night enduro at qecp, will be camping with the family 😁

jamesg55

thanks Scott I’d got the 4 out 5 rounds bit and final round clear in my head.

this was the bit I was unsure of” And I’m almost certain we are using the BC points like the BDS.” but it sounds like that’s still TBC at the mo.

I was trying to figure out if a “middle table master” like myself was going to accrue any points

DrP

I’m off to Penhurst this weekend, day/night in a few, and then SE champs end of may….

I MIGHT camp at teh day/night…will see!

DrP

orena45

@scottfitz – where will BNES Series points be available to view?  Will it be Roots and Rain or the BEMBA site?

scottfitz

Great question, I think Roots and rain but we are still working on that.

orena45

Cheers Scott. If that’s the case then I didn’t score any points at Afan 😔  but obviously would be good to know where to see them anyway 👍

timbog160

Good luck to everyone riding at Dyfi tomorrow. Gutted not to be there. Race report needed please 😀

kayla1

We’re doing the Chopwell Funduro tomorrow through Northern Downhill, nowt massively tiring or technical, just four stages of fun about hour from home. It was ace last year.

wrightyson

My lads first enduuuurrrooo tomorrow at dyfi. Apparently stage 2 is a little “challenging”

qtip

Great day at Dyfi today. Storm Hannah left some interesting conditions behind her. Stage 1 was running well and I had a decent run. Stage 2 was cancelled – disappointing as I’d perfected my plummeting tripod technique during practice. Was the right decision – it was almost impossible to stop on the steep chutes in the mud and would have been carnage if raced, despite being fun to ride. Stages 3 and 4 were horrible flagging mud feats and didn’t go well for me, but I was not alone in that.

qtip

“horrible flagging mud feats” = horrible claggy mud fests!

scottfitz

Dyfi is always good, seeing if I can get a pass to the Final round of the BNES there.

timbog160

Well done. I suspect it would have been a horrible ‘flagging mud feat’ for me though!😀

Pukeko

Cheeky post…

I’m unable to race PMBA Rd2 this weekend (torn calf muscle 🙁) so have entry available.

If anyone is wanting an entry I’m open to offers. Rider and class can be changed on SI. Best contact is email:

roy_nicholsonATyahooDOTcom

Cheers

orena45

Finally got around to putting up a race report on my blog from the first round of WGES/BNES. If anyone fancies a look, here it is!

Big road trip up to the Lakes tomorrow for BNES R2…who else is racing!? Looking forward to some new (to me anyway) stages and weather looks ok, if a little chilly.

Sorry to hear about the injury @pukeko, sounds painful! 😬

scottfitz

Big road trip up to the Lakes tomorrow for BNES R2…who else is racing!?

Not me but I really want to I need to do the Epic at some point!

Premier Icon yoshimi
    Subscriber

Yep, me in the Veteran class:)

Premier Icon Jon Taylor
    Subscriber

Me and Alex the Badger doing the PMBA Graythwaite tomorrow. Half mega looking forward to riding some ace trails, half in mental turbulence knowing I’m not riding enough tech to be on top form.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

Yeah sad I’m not doing PMBA graythwaite, I believe keV has cut out some of the less fun push ups too!

Have fun

orena45

I believe keV has cut out some of the less fun push ups too!

He’s kept that annoying one on the final stage in though by the sounds of it!  😂

Premier Icon Jordan
    Subscriber

Hoping to head over to spectate. Never been before, where are the best spectating points please?

Premier Icon Jon Taylor
    Subscriber

How’d everyone do at Graythwaite? I managed to not embarrass myself too much. Low/Mid pack in Masters was all I was hoping for really. Alex kept his banana in one piece all way round.

orena45

Finished 80th in Masters which was a shade outside where I’d like to have finished (top 40% at nationals). Loved the stages, loved the free beer at the finish line. Didn’t love having a stupid OTB on the very first practice run though..bruising is coming up nicely now!

seanr

I finished 9th in Masters, really enjoyed the course but I wasn’t comfortable pushing hard on the roots. After I finished racing felt like I was gaining confidence would have been nice to do another lap to see if I could improve.

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

Impressive seanr!

Oreana how did it compare to last year’s?

Premier Icon Jon Taylor
    Subscriber

Nice one guys!

Strava tells me a depressing story – I was significantly slower than 2016 and 2017 (based on stages 3/7/8, which were unchanged). Need to confirm it with the times on R&R o course.

The roots are all nicely polished now but I know I’m not riding to the same standard….

seanr

The roots where much more polished than 2017. 2017 was amazingly dry in comparison.

Premier Icon duncancallum
    Subscriber

Anyone got a boltby entry surplus?

I didnt have the best weekend at Graythwaite. I managed to faceplant the ground hard enough in practise (stage 6) to write off my bell Super9 and give myself the worst concussion iVe ever had. Im still not feeling 100 so dont plan to ride at all this weekend. Hopefully Ill be Ok for the next round at minehead, as I loved it there last year.

9th in Masters is a great result! I was aiming for a top 20 but would have been happy with a top 30.

bigfoot

45th in vets, would of liked a little higher but reasonably happy with that. move into grand vets next year so am at the wrong end of the catergory. no issues riding, just took it to steady making sure i stayed upright and fitness let me down in stage 8, had nothing at all left by the time i got to those little up bits near the end of the woods and barely made it up that push up near the end.
    SES at innerleithen next.

orena45

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>Premier Iconkimbers
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Subscriber</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Impressive seanr!

Oreana how did it compare to last year’s?

</div>

Well that’s annoying – posted up a longish reply yesterday but seems it didn’t actually post (or I didn’t press ‘submit’)!

Summary – didn’t do last year but did Champs there two years ago; nice mix of flowy and fast vs tight and techy; as above, lots of polished roots and greasy corners in the woods; ‘only’ 15 miles and 1,100m of uppy/downy but still felt it at the end!; new stages were good fun; final stage is still very much a love/hate stage!

Great result @seanr!

@blackmountainsrider – take it easy with the concussion and don’t rush back.

@bigfoot – also a good result!  I’m in a similar position but in my last year of Masters this year.  Keeping an eye on Vets times to see where I might fit in next year 😀

Premier Icon kimbers
    Subscriber

So glad I signed up for QECP Day/night enduro

took the family- which always makes things hectic, but its great having them there, everyone had a great time, good arena, bike demos, nice food stalls, trails were perfect, weather was great, was quieter than last time I did it, but still brilliant fun.

Shagged for work this morning tho!

Bring on the southern champs

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 310 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.