Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 332 total)
  • 2019 Enduro Racing Thread
  • ayjaydoubleyou

Scott likes to keep people on their toes, tracks are always changing!

nickfrog
    Free Member

Fair enough thanks

scottfitz
    Free Member

The stages will all be from the top, well top of the Fireroad.

Stages will be available for walking in the morning before practice.

No map but the race is in the headdown woodland not the main country park.

nc21

2 enduros this year, dates and venues for Scottish and PMBA should be out soon. Will try 2/3 next year.

I’ll aim to keep my fitness at a decent level but downhill skills and speed need some work.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Has anyone head anymore about the new national series for next year? Have they got a new Facebook page etc yet?

orena45

No, not seen or heard anything yet 🤔

scottfitz
    Free Member

Planning is well under way for the BEMBA National Series, Mid November for Dates, Venues etc…

timbog160

Well, finished off my 2018 season yesterday with the Welsh Enduro at CYB.  Can’t wait for next year!

orena45

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>scottfitz
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Planning is well under way for the BEMBA National Series, Mid November for Dates, Venues etc…

</div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Whoop! 😁

</div>

Tracey

PMBA Enduro dates are out with a hint that one event may be part of the National Series and an EWS qualifier.

joemmo
    Free Member

Tweedlove dates are out:

Vallejuah – March 23/24 (am considering this one)

Big Weekend? – 8/9 June

King & Queen of the Hill – 17/18 August

Tracey

Tweedlove dates are out so we now know two of the National Series events and venues

ElVino

I’m also thinking of the QECP Enduro event on the 11th, I’ve never even seen an Enduro event let alone raced one. I bought a new Fuel Ex 29er last year and have really being enjoying my mountain biking again. I have a couple of questions about this specific event.

Do I need body armour? What about a full face helmet?

Are glasses OK or should I wear goggles?

I have knee / arm pads and a helmet with a clip on chin guard, no goggles though.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Check the entry, but you possibly need knee pads. Open face helmet is fine.

Glasses or goggles, or nothing, up to you.

scottfitz
    Free Member

@El Vino

Any helmet is fine but for your first race stick the chin bar on for a bit of extra confidence.

Gloves, knee pads, elbow pads and glasses is what I would wear. I have goggles and very rarely race in them.

darksideby182

Signed up for the QECP Enduro on the 11th with a friend haven’t done anything like this before but should be a good laugh, the last two posts have helped cheers.

chakaping
    Free Member

Might make my long-awaited (by nobody) enduro comeback next year, thinking about PMBA Kirroughtree. Anyone who’s raced it care to comment?

bigfoot
    Free Member

done kirroughtree for the last 3 years, always been a good fun event. not the most elevation or miles but mostly good stages.

makes a good weekend doing a bit of practicing on the saturday, into town for some food and a few beers then practice and race sunday.

ayjaydoubleyou

Southern QECP mashup this weekend

Its currently pissing it down, and more to come on friday.

Recalling my last wet QECP where I couldn’t ride an off camber traverse due to back wheel slipping down, I’m thinking a tyre change is in order. Shorty front Minion rear?

For El Vino – I’ll be wearing a fox proframe, soft knee and elbow pads (none of which are compulsory, I’m a mid to lower pack mincer). Probably no goggles.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

If I was doing it, I would probably run something grippy on the front, it’s going to be slip & slide day out there.

Just noticed there is another Mini Enduro @ BPW at the start of next month. Will probably end up doing that as a last race for the year 🙂

undarra
    Free Member

QECO mashup for me too this weekend. Minion DHF front aggressor rear not sure i’m going to be pointing forward much, it’s gonna be a muddy one.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Doing my first Enduro at QECP this weekend too. Still no idea how the format works. I know about the 3 stages that you do as many times as you want but donyou just turn up at the start ofnthe stages of is there a start from the Race village? Any pointers would be great please.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

EWS info out for entries next year: http://www.enduroworldseries.com/how-to-enter/

So it looks like us mere mortals are no longer allowed into the ‘main event’ – I didn’t bother with a membership for the last couple of years as I was only planning on doing the odd one & managed to get in via a lottery. Need to be ranked now to race, which is fair enough, given it’s the highest level, i’m amazed they have let the people they do over the past few years, with the increase in standard of riding & how much tougher they have become.

Looks like the EWS100 replaces they lottery, racing the same as the main event, but a little more relaxed on the rules & the EWS80 replaces the challenger events. All on a first come, first served basis.

I will probably buy a membership this time & plan on doing 2/3 of them this year (Whistler, Les Orres & Zermatt) & see if I can bag enough points to race a few of the main events the year after 🙂

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

Doing my first Enduro at QECP this weekend too. Still no idea how the format works. I know about the 3 stages that you do as many times as you want but donyou just turn up at the start ofnthe stages of is there a start from the Race village? Any pointers would be great please.

Start from the race village. You need to collect your timing chip. I would imagine being a mash up, its then a free for all. You just ride around as many times as you like.

ElVino

I think I might give it a skip, my worst ever crash was in the QECP and that wasn’t racing in the wet. Might just stick to Surrey Hills this weekend.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Start from the race village at 10. You need to collect your timing chip 9 till 10. You just ride around as many times as you like, stages in any order, ride stages a minimum of two times.

nickfrog
    Free Member

Cheers. Sounds simple.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Some good work has been done to make the sport more inclusive in the past couple of years, this article is about women but I think it applies to u18s and beginners too.

Women-only enduros are making racing female-friendly, but why’s it taken so long?

darrenspink
    Free Member

@chakaping Really enjoyed it, think it was three years ago now but Im guessing the trails will be almost the same. Very loamy, some short steep stuff but on the whole its not that technical.

Im entering Boltby Bash, Ardmoors, and naughty northumbrian and maybe a PMBA.

Northwind

I’ve finally admitted that I just can’t be arsed. Will probably do the kinlochleven enduro (missed it this round)…

Oh and MC’s bullied me into doing this wee thing, what’s it called, Mega something…

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers Darren, Bigfoot. Sounds like my kind of thing.

There’s been talk of doing one of the Tweed Valley ones, but after riding GT off-piste and the Golfie again last week, I just don’t reckon I’d enjoy racing that tight, steep, dark, single-line rut kinda stuff.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Might just leave this here: http://southernenduro.co.uk/southern-enduro-2019/

😉

dirkpitt74

Not done any racing other than a couple of local XC ones about 3 years ago.

Hoping to have a go at a couple of the Welsh Enduro Series events next year and possibly the Malverns Funnduro.

Fitness isn’t great but hoping to keep up the riding over the winter.

scottfitz
    Free Member

BEMBA National Enduro Series 2019 Dates and Venues announced

The big news we have all been waiting for 2019 BEMBA National Enduro Series Dates and Venues.

orena45

Stooooooked!

With some family commitments going on next year, I wasn’t thinking I’d be able to do much racing but 3 of the rounds are almost certainly doable, one is almost certainly a no (PMBA) and the Southern Enduro round is a tentative :-(.  Really hope the No Fuss Events round works out for me but I’d be gutted to miss Minehead seeing as that would be my ‘home’ race!

Can’t wait to hear more about the SW Series too!

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Excellent! I’d figured out a few rounds, and am enterd in to the graythaite round already. I’m planning to do all rounds this year. The southern champs was one of my favourite races last year, so it will be good to do that again.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Just a thought, will there be seeding runs in the BEMBA races? I hope so, as i find seedings work very well.  I was only caught on one stage last year, and only caught someone on one stage.

scottfitz
    Free Member

No seeding runs but it will be seeded from root and rain data. We are working closed with Seb From Roots and rain for Results, Series points, Stats and Seeding data.

scottfitz
    Free Member

blackmountainsrider For reference, I personally like seeding run too but all the other rounds won’t have seeding and I thought continuity was important so we dropped it from the Southern enduro champs.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

ok, so will the seedings be based from the start of the season, or will they evolve to take injuries etc into account? I had bad results at the start of the year, and better results at the end due to injuries. Then there’s a friend who was a midpack rider at the ukge, in seniors on a hardtail, but is racing next year on a full sus. Fingers crossed it works ok.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 332 total)

The topic ‘2019 Enduro Racing Thread’ is closed to new replies.