Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 332 total)
  • 2019 Enduro Racing Thread
  • Akers

Looks like Gorrick are planning to run a full series for Gravity Enduro races next year, at various MOD sites.

https://www.moredirt.com/event/3284  https://www.gorrick.com/racing/gravity/index.php

Fingers crossed, let’s hope one of the rounds might be in the now closed off area of Porridgepot and Old Windmill hills behind Deepcut barracks.

darksideby182

Hopefully they do Deepcut as i’m only down the road.

scottfitz
    Free Member

I might give one of them a go as they are nice and local. And the last 3 don’t clash with anything.

peekay

Does anybody know what,  where and when Round 4 of the BEMBA series is likely to be?

All the info that I can find is :

Round 4: Venue TBC and date TBC (to be June or July)
    No Fuss Events £TBC
    nofussevents.co.uk
    Tickets on sale, TBC
    Read more at https://www.mbr.co.uk/news/bemba-2019-381866#LbUUVGvmFmGoYI4a.99

It appears that NoFussEvents typically organise things around Ft William area

timbog160

Right I’m in for first 3 rounds of the Welsh Enduro Series.  I’d like to do 4 and 5 too but only prob is round 4 is August bank holiday so will have to see!  Also made it into Ardrock Sprint, missed out on Boltby unfortunately.  Think that will have to do me for the moment.  Just need to….get fit!!!

scottfitz
    Free Member

Latest from the Scottish Enduro Series:

SES Rnd 1 13th /14th April    Venue  TBC

SES Rnd 2 18/19th May          Venue TBC

SES Rnd 3 15th/ 16th June    Venue TBC

SES Rnd 4 27/28th July           Venue TBC

SES Rnd 5 12th /13th October    Fort William (Uplift included)

squirrelking
    Free Member

I’m signed up for Naughty Northumbrian and looking to do a race per month. Was originally thinking of SDA’s but tempted by SES, maybe the NDA events at Ae to get back into things. Not under any illusions of grandeur, just giving myself a goal to drive myself towards.

Also looking at Tweedlove and other more casual events

orena45

Got my entries in for 4 of the BNES rounds.

I can no longer afford to fix my broken rear wheel nor Christmas this month 😂

Tracey

EWS reserved is out today. Not sure when the rest goes up for grabs

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

So, I’ve signed up for all of the BEMBA races so far, except the No Fuss one. I’m hoping that will be announced soon though. No one has heard any more Info about this?

I am really looking forward to getting back between the tape!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

So far the only races i’ve actually entered are the EWS’s in Whistler & Les Orres.

Probably need to get on with entering a few more.

scottfitz
    Free Member

So, I’ve signed up for all of the BEMBA races so far, except the No Fuss one. I’m hoping that will be announced soon though. No one has heard any more Info about this?

They are annoying today apparently. I can confirm is a really cool venue that wasn’t used by UKGE or BES. I can also confirm is a really long drive for me (if I go).

orena45

They are annoying today apparently. I can confirm is a really cool venue that wasn’t used by UKGE or BES. I can also confirm is a really long drive for me (if I go).

Give them a break Scott, we all have our bad days sometimes 😀

An even longer drive for me so I definitely won’t be doing it. Exciting to have a brand new venue for the series though.

peekay

I popped an email to the No Fuss Events guys yesterday asking if they knew when an announcement was due. Have entered the other five and would like to do this one too, but any spare weekends are getting quickly snappw up with other things so need to get it in the calendar ASAP.

Would be good if the BEMBA site could also be updated to give some information on the series as it is only currently available on regurgitated press releases.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

I’ll keep my eyes peeled, if anyone has a link that would be good. I also found it slightly strange that there are no details of the races on the BEMBA site.

Tracey

I thought it was because each area organizer was responsible for the running and marketing of their event on behalf of the series, the ones that my daughter has entered have been booked that way

stumpy120
    Free Member

It says Kinlochleven on the NoFuss website

impatientbull

ENDURO – KINLOCHLEVEN
    EVENT DATE: 15/6/2019 – 16/6/2019
    We are delighted that we will be in Kinlochleven for 2019, after the successs of the venue and the amazing feedback from riders over the years. We know that everyone enjoys the stages and that real mountain feel that you get in Kinlochleven and in the Highlands. We are doubally delighted that this round will be the Round 4 of the BEMBA Championships a real fitting venue for this all new national series.

https://www.nofussevents.co.uk/scottish-enduro-series

scottfitz
    Free Member

An even longer drive for me so I definitely won’t be doing it. Exciting to have a brand new venue for the series though.

Maybe for distance but not time. M25 is not the one.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Would be good if the BEMBA site could also be updated to give some information on the series as it is only currently available on regurgitated press releases.

Great shout, I will get that done.

qtip

I’m in for the first 3 rounds of the Welsh Enduro Series. Will more than likely enter the remaining 2 rounds when entries open. First couple of rounds don’t exactly play to my strengths, but should be fun.

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

Kinlochleven’s a long way, 8.5 hours for me, but then there is the Minehead round for the Northeners to drive to. The tracks look really good up there though, so I think it will be worth taking a few days off for, and riding some other stuff whilst up there.

orena45

scottfitz

Maybe for distance but not time. M25 is not the one.

Ha maybe. I wouldn’t fancy the M25 for sure. It has taken me 12 hours to drive to races in the Lakes and Scottish Borders though thanks to traffic on the M5 and M6. It’s drives like that that make you question racing for fun sometimes 😀

jjprestidge
    Free Member

I wanted to do either Megavalanche or the EWS Challenger event at Finale in 2019. Missed Mega as I ddin’t realise entries opened a month earlier than last year, and the EWS isn’t running a Challenger event (now called EWS 80) at Finale.

So, decided to keep things closer to home and race the Southern Enduro Triscombe round and some of the mini DH events at Wind Hill.

JP

scottfitz
    Free Member

Still not been to Windhill, that needs to happen in 2019.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

I wanted to do either Megavalanche or the EWS Challenger event at Finale in 2019. Missed Mega as I ddin’t realise entries opened a month earlier than last year, and the EWS isn’t running a Challenger event (now called EWS 80) at Finale.

The EWS event at Finale this year is the Trophy of Nations – national team event.

Although if you can muster up 3 of you, anyone can enter it. Actually sounds like a good crack. We will be out there for it, but just riding this year – quite like to go to Finale to do a bit more exploring without the pressure of a race right in the middle of a holiday 🙂

scottfitz
    Free Member

This has been a long time coming after planning it for 2017 then 2018 now finally it’s happening.

South West Kenda Enduro Series 2019

blackmountainsrider
    Free Member

That looks like a good series, Cant make the 1st but I may book to race at the other 2. What is the riding like at Grogley? steep, flowey? rooty? Rocky?

jam-bo

What is the riding like at Grogley? steep, flowey? rooty? Rocky?

steep in places, not very rocky. hope its dry…

is it using hustyns and bishops as well or just grogley?

orena45

Stoked for the SW Series! Grogley is my local spot – will be great not to have to travel half a day minimum to do a race.

oikeith

Also stoked for the SW series, might enter every round! @scottfitz when it says Exmoor is this a different venue to the Southern Enduro champs?

scottfitz
    Free Member

is it using hustyns and bishops as well or just grogley?

hustyns and grogley

scottfitz
    Free Member

Exmoor is this a different venue to the Southern Enduro champs?

Yes but not the steep stuff (No FC Land)

Burchy1
    Free Member

Yeah keen on the SW series. I reckon it should get a good turn out. Helpful for me as a Dad aswell with it being single day racing.

Interested to see how the Haldon round is laid out as the rangers there have never been that keen on racing there.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Interested to see how the Haldon round is laid out as the rangers there have never been that keen on racing there.

Interestingly they (well the management) are super keen.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well entry to the Transcend just went in, time to step up the training

scottfitz
    Free Member

mikewsmith

Subscriber

Well entry to the Transcend just went in, time to step up the training

Jealous about that one, it will be an ace event for sure.

timbog160

Can anybody access round 4 of the Welsh Enduro? It says on their FB page it should be open, but doesn’t appear on sientries?

Burchy1
    Free Member

Interestingly they (well the management) are super keen.

I’ve not been directly involved with any building up there for a few years now so that is good news if they are. Last time i was there was a definate dislike for enduro racing (they seem(ed) keen on the XC stuff though) and they put a hard stop to us building any other trails at all.

Tracey

Abigale opted for the Transcend this year along with the Vallelujah. However now Uni have allowed time off for the first two EWS races it looks like Vallelujah is off and out trip up North in March cancelled.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 332 total)

The topic ‘2019 Enduro Racing Thread’ is closed to new replies.