Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,056 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas
  • keefezza
    Free Member

Day 12 – last entry should have said day 11 oops. Tuesday swim day, it’s free and I’m crap at swimming so it’s a new habit to develop. Actually quite enjoying it, which is not something ever been able to say. Going with the other half and one of my kids helps that I think. 12 lengths, worn out and horrid cramp in my foot yet again.

pondo

I want to swim but pool times round here are not helpful! What yoga apps are we all using?

twistedpencil

Feel like death warmed up, may struggle tomorrow as I think Covid may finally have caught up with me. Ride tonight was, interesting…

Any hints for gentle 30mins whilst coughing and dealing with a temp?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

tp,apart from a gentle walk, some of my youtube suggestions might be suitable.

jeffl

Another 5k in the dark. This challenge is working wonders at getting me out.

sc-xc

Meetings from 8am-9pm today so gym at 5 for weights and a 5k run. Now to sit on my arse for hours!

sturdylad
    Free Member

I’ll restart my Zwift sub on Saturday so hopefully be around if there’s a ride on Sunday and then start getting back into whatever races I can.
    Looking forward to it (I think!)

Dickyboy

Not missed a day but phone borked so nothing on strava appart from cycling synced with garmin.

sandboy

Felt a bit low yesterday so did an hour half hour of yoga and then worked on my lower back again with my foam roller.
    Much better today, 1 hour of weights and resistance training with the lad who if I’m being honest, boot camped his old man!!😀

AndrewL

Back to mainly DIY after the Lakes, been fitting in walks and today weight training carrying rubble ash and bricks from an opened up fireplace!

Also did a short ride after working this morning

Litton loop

reluctantjumper

An hour on Zwift in a group ride at basically my current FTP! Tired afterwards but very rewarding.

mogrim

Hill repeats running at lunchtime, then a race on RGT this evening.

walowiz

Day 13, swim again 2.4 km in 52 minutes. Starting to feel the cumulative tiredness creeping in now.

jodafett

I totally forgot about this challenge until my wife reminded me at 9pm tonight! 30mins of weights while watching Grand Designs!

pondo

Last run of week for of C25K today – I normally do it at lunchtime but was scuppered by an overunning call, was surprised at how much it annoyed me having to run after work, I lacked energy but wasn’t gonna miss it! I’ve started to add some strength stuff into it too, press-ups, bicep curls and the like, which means it’s tight to fit it all into an hour. A scheduling rethink is required… I’ve never been this committed to regular exercise! 🙂

scotroutes

Zwift Academy #3 last night. I went for the longer version and managed it well enough.

Yoga with Kassandra tonight. Working on the hips a bit as that always improves my running.

sc-xc

Gym & rum done early again as it’s another busy day at work. Watch tells me I worked out for 1:17:55

itsallgood

@pondo Not Yoga as such, been using Pliabilty (was ROMWOD) for mobility and recovery.

onehundredthidiot

Nearly sacked it last night but followed Mike cotty on a Costa brava ride. Quite like the wahoo on location rides. It reminds me there was a summer.

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 13 – life got in the way again and by the time I could have done it I was knackered. Day off for day 14 so planning to make up for it

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Quite like the wahoo on location rides

Yeah … I love the French ones. As you say, a little taste of summer.

But did a “proper” Sufferfest last night and in the last week have thrown around the kettlebell a few times, couple of runs, Yoga continuing every day… all good.

re Yoga … This is what I’ve done ….. On youtube pick a 20 min beginner vid (just pick one where the person’s voice doesn’t grate you :)) and then keep doing the SAME one for a week or two. By doing the same vid you’ll get to learn the “routine” of getting into and out of the same basic stretches and so after a few times you’ll be able to actually concentrate more on the actual stretches themselves, rather than how to get into and out of them. I saw improvement over the same 10 or so stretches to spur me on and as a side note by doing the same vid l didnt go down Youtube rabbit holes and waste my workout time.

One thing I’ve learnt is ….. NO EGO !!

In terms of flexibility….. where you are, is were you are !! It is all good, you WILL slowly improve if you are consistent. Which is what this thread is all about right?

The fact that we have time, the inclination and the ability to even start is a blessing.

Enjoy

mogrim

Nearly sacked it last night but followed Mike cotty on a Costa brava ride. Quite like the wahoo on location rides.

I really like the On Location stuff – good workouts and I like Mike’s quick tourist explanation bits (even if they are sometimes a bit stiff – he’s not a complete natural in front of the camera!). Just wish there were a few more of them in the 45-60 min range.

And run done with the dog this morning. Could certainly feel yesterday’s efforts in the legs!

walowiz

Day 14, swim 2.6 km in 61 minutes, lunch time walk 3.4 km in 45 minutes with wombat. Plus the physio exercises for 1/2 hour. That’s me for today.

Pleased to have made it to the end of week 2.

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 14 – around 90 mins overall (many breaks) shuffling around a skatepark. Took my lad to Stanley park outdoor skatepark in Blackpool since his school was closed for the day and I had plenty of flexi hours to use.
    Don’t know if vid will work, very rusty and stuff on the skates, plus they are too small so feet are sore now. May do a bit more exercise soon to make up for yesterday too.

Edit – video load into Flickr won’t play here. So have a still image from said video instead, doing a slide down a rail.

Screenshot_20220929-152455

pondo

Thanks @itsallgood and @Ro5ey, will look into both of those, a job for tonight. 🙂

Lunchtime 40 minute hillyish spin on the hybrid, trainers on M520s ’cause I can’t find my shoes. Holy cow, I’m out of shape – but perversely enjoying trying to get back into it… 🙂

reluctantjumper

Almost forgot tonight so just done a quick 30 minute walk, nothing special just up and down the main road!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Cycling along the river for 90 minutes with a bit of dirt jump thrown in at the end.I think I,m getting my second wind.

jeffl

Feeling pretty tired today, so just an extended dog walk to take it up to an hour. Hopefully get out on the bike tomorrow afternoon.

sc-xc

Leg day done, no way can I run today so will top the workout up later with a long dog walk.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’ve got my wetsuit out as I planned a river swim this morning but struggling to find the motivation to do it.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Get in your rubber, lad.

Been on the cusp here too, chesty cough all week so just a walk Wednesday lunchtime and yesterday too. But it was pleasant yesterday afternoon and I wasn’t in a hurry to get anywhere for once, so snuck in a cheeky half hour on the pump track on my road bike, not sure what the natives thought of a middle aged bloke rolling round on skinny wheels but I enjoyed myself!

scotroutes

Day 14 was a ride up to Cairngorm Mountain car park, playing with the drone on the way there.

I might get some video footage up later.

Today will be indoor exercise. It’s gusting over 50mph at the moment.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I found some motivation and got in the river. The water was around 12 degrees so I was very glad of the wetsuit. Ended up swimming for 35 minutes and felt much better for doing it.

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 15 – around 30 mins of home workout app plus 20 mins of body coach beginners yoga, can keep up with that one.

scotroutes

Short video from yesterday

stanley

I’m out… massive failure on Tuesday evening!

My goal was only ever to do fairly low-level exercise, and this seemed to be going ok, but on Tuesday evening I developed severe lower back pains. As bad as I can imagine having. Shooting pains too.
    My partner rang the Christie; they rang an ambulance and within an hour I was full of morphine and in the process :-/
    5 hours in the back of an ambulance waiting to get into the hospital, 24 hours in A+E, then 24 hours on the acute medical unit. Back home now though.

The fear was that my advanced prostate cancer had caused spinal compressions: this can rapidly lead to paralysis. The good news is that I was given an MRI scan and my spine appears to be free from cancer… Hooray!! It’s merely oseophytes that are pinching things!

Painkillers it is then. I’ll be back up and moving soon… just a little disappointed to have lost my “exercise streak” so soon.

Keep going folks 🙂

lesgrandepotato

Starting to feel like habit now. Either a morning or lunchtime ride. Just a quick blast out. Getting a bit fitter I think. No lighter yet but feeling decent.
    Making a few better life choices… do I really want that beer if I’m riding at 7am?

walowiz

Day 15, turbo session using wahoo system app 21 km in 47 minutes. Lost another 0.5 kg this week.

@stanley
    good to hear you’re ok, that sounds tough to be going through that and doing this !

@scotroutes
    great vid.

ayjaydoubleyou

2 hour solo around swinley/crowthorne woods last night. 30 minutes weights on the living room floor today.
    Definitely would not have done that without the challenge. As a bonus, I was previously debating going and getting a third layer and my slippers out of the cupboard, now Im quite happy in a long sleeved t-shirt.

kimbers

Cub camp for the next 3 days so no workouts as such

But it’s going to count afaic because I’ll be knackered by the end of it!

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,056 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Christmas’ is closed to new replies.