Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 1,056 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas
  • pondo

First run of week 5 of C25K – knocked the warm-up and cooldown walks off so I have enough time to do some bodyweight strength bits and pieces. As an unexpected bonus, without the added ten minutes of walking, my pace has improved somewhat! 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Still onboard, albeit I’ve dropped actual exercise this week as lifes getting in the way, so just commuting by bike as always and a half hour walk in the woods at lunchtime.

ads678

Well my 100 days went to shit on about day 5! I’m gutted, but my head just hasn’t been in the right place and I was just putting additional stress on myself to fit stuff in that I really didn’t want to do. I’ve been limited in what I can do recently by injuries (Achilies) & illness (Gout) and just going for a walk was litterally a pain. New bike mean’t I had some enthusiasm, but you can’t always fit in a decent ride.

I missed a day then carried on, then missed another day, then my achillies tendonitis came back, my gout had got loads better with the meds but has come back again this week, so I’m just hobbling around, andI can’t even fit any of my bike shoes on my left foot!

Really pissed off, but I’m determined to lose some weight and get more exercise. I’m currently on a vegetarian and no booze diet to try and combat the gout, so hopefully that’ll help.

Anyway, good effort the rest of you. Keep going. 💪

Dickyboy

@ads678 I’m a serial achillies tendinitis sufferer (16yrs) & find that a good 5min fast warm up walk & equivalent warm down walk at the start & end of any runs keeps it at bay.

Looks like my 30mins is going to be a run in heavy rain later, joy of joys but good to keep it going.

sc-xc

@stanley hope that you’re OK mate.

soobalias
    Free Member

still going… sort of feel like im getting into the swing of it now, last weekend my legs were in bits.
    ju jitsu on wed i had a nasty landing on my ankle, but seem to have shaken it off.
    Friday is “get in the gym before going home” and im ready to go, just got one final ‘catch up’ with one of my team….

ads678

@Dickyboy cheers for that. I’ll try that when I can start running again. A few years ago I never would have thought I’d actually miss running!!!

sandboy

Gentle ride around local bridleways and river bank yesterday, weather was beautiful so made the most of it and was out for 90 minutes!
    Unexpected day off today so went out on the road before it started raining. Out for nearly three hours, definitely feeling the change in season, very windy and autumnal but enjoyed being out.
    Helping my friend with his garden office so will be on the bike again tomorrow.

jeffl

Went for a half hour run in the rain after finishing work. First day of bad weather, but still good to get out.

stanley

Back on it… 1.1km walk around the block. It felt good!

reluctantjumper

Second fail day today, had a really long day at work followed by a really crap commute home so motivation is non-existent. Going for a ride tomorrow morning though so back on it ready for the next week. I’m going to still aim for 90/100 as my goal as going from virtually 0 to 7 days a week straight is probably a bit too tough, hopefully I can keep things going though as I’m losing weight and feel loads better generally.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

^Keep going.My big worry is catching an Autumn lurgy.

james-rennie

I’ve done nothing since Monday, knocked sideway by covid (again). Tried walking the dog yesterday, did 30 minutes and had to go back to bed.
    Fingers crossed it clears up in the next couple of days.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Back on it… 1.1km walk around the block. It felt good!

Multiple brofists, bro.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

That’s your half an hour sorted Stanley.Probably the best effort of the day!

sandboy

Great to read that you’re back on it Stanley.

My big worry is catching an Autumn lurgy.

This is a real problem. I really felt rough earlier this week and felt that i was definitely on the downhill. I had a couple of easy days and I’m now feeling as strong as ever.
    It’s really important to listen to your body and take it easy when you’re not feeling 100%. This challenge is about maintaining fitness for next year. Definitely not about pushing yourself through pain or illness.

twistedpencil

I’ve missed two days due to covid… actually got out of bed today at least.

Gutted, but will hopefully get back on it this weekend. Some odd aches and pains mind….

scotroutes

Another YouTube yoga session this evening. Sometimes feels like a bit of a cheat but, at my age, I’m probably getting more benefit from the stretches and flexibility than I do from an hours riding.

Not posted an update yet so I thought I’d chuck something in. I’ve settled into a bit of a routine now. I try to get a couple of zwift rides in at the weekend. A couple of days during the week. And make up the rest with either weights or bodyweight exercises. Or both.
    I’ve been limited in what I can do by the recovering shoulder. And my fitness had taken a bit of a nose dive. To try and keep the whole thing in check I’ve been trying to keep the riding intensity steady, and build back up.
    Today was the first day my legs felt a bit worn out. I’d been planning to have a gentle day anyway, so I had a 30 mins walk with the family, and then 30 minutes on the balance board.

soobalias
    Free Member

thats 3 fridays in a row ive managed to get into the gym before leaving work, 15mins run (hoping to get that up to 30mins before the clocks change) and 25mins of weights circuits.

my triceps dont work this morning!

not sure on todays plan yet and have a half day of house move to get done first, which is dangerous, might be a yoga session or two, like last saturday.

walowiz

Day 16, turbo session using wahoo system app, 23 km in 51 min, working up to an hour along with the physio rehab stuff. Also two sessions of my boring boring physio exercises.

Am I the only one starting to feel the cumulative effects of doing this every day?

jeffl

Any recommendations for yoga videos to follow for a completely inflexible middle age bloke?

Thinking it would be good to to that a couple of times a week.

sc-xc

Running the line at my daughter’s match against a very good team…90 minutes of interval training!

stanley

Cheers folks. It’s great to have a challenge but I think we all need to be aware of when we are run down, have a virus, etc, and then take it easy for a day or so.
    Planning on a really gentle resistance workout later. Hope to get the turbo set-up finished too.

scotroutes

@jeffl – try something from Kassandra on YouTube. She has a number of beginner level videos. Also don’t be too disappointed if you cant manage to get all the way into some of the poses. She often gives alternatives and you’ll find some of them become easier with practice.

I did Zwift Academy workout 4 this morning. Again, I did the long version and I think it was about right. I have Workouts 5 and 6 and then the final ride to do before the 9th so that’ll fill in a few days this coming week.

reluctantjumper

Had an early morning blast round Cwmcarn this morning, great but did expose my complete lack of practice at going up hills! Lack of power for the punchy bits and a complete lack of timing for unweighting the wheels over obstacles made it frustrating at times.

Was great to see the mushrooms have come out in force though thanks to the rain, they’re everywhere!

Am I the only one starting to feel the cumulative effects of doing this every day?

Nope, seeing changes already. Weight is going in the right direction and I’m definitely getting a boost in stamina. Hoping the power will follow on soon, have booked a muddy ride event just after Christmas as a target and it’s a tough one if it’s wet.

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 16 – Dad and lads mooch around Healey nab, did about 90mins including pedalling from car and back to it. Wrist is a bit achey, hoodlums riding proper off road bikes illegally put me off staying any longer. Riding on the trails and without helmets with a big noisy motorbike strikes me as being a tad dodgy and I’d rather keep my bike to myself.

Side note, can I request that everyone who puts an entry for their day start it if as Day xx please? I’m using this as a log for each day and it just makes it easier to see which day I’m in haha

K

Been busy with stuff so only been doing the standard dog walks, back home now though so at least they have some decent elivation. Will be heading out for a pedal tomorrow!

Mister-P
    Free Member

Another 35 minutes in the river at lunchtime today. The water was cold but the sun was shining so I sat drinking my flask of tea afterwards with my wetsuit round my waist and my (puny) chest catching some rays.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

That’s not an image I want to hold onto MrT!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

62 minutes using my local outdoor gym.Lovely day for it.Could have done without the youths starting a fire however.So could the fire brigade.

welshfarmer

Had cave rescue practice today so spent several hours underground. Well out of practice and thougt my heart was coming out of my chest on one particularly strenous boulder choke!
    Big mountain ride with the ladfs tomorrow so thats the weekend sorted. Still seem to be gaining weight and not lossing it though 🙁

jodafett

Day 99 – sorry @keefezza! and apologies in advance @welshfarmer as your not going to like my post! I started this at 94.5kg and I’m already down to 89.9kg (yes I’m using decimal places!). I suffer from MILF issues (medication induced lifelong fatness) so I put on weight really easily. I battled down to 79kg last Christmas but as soon as I let exercise drift the weight piles on. 15kg weight gain in a few months is scary! Aiming for 85kg by Christmas. A few Zwift sessions this week. I’m doing the Gravel Grinder 12wk program so hopefully this’ll keep me focused ’till the end!

keefezza
    Free Member

Sod! 😂

pondo

Just walking today after a sizeable night out last night, 12k steps around town.

jodafett

Sod! 😂

😂😉

walowiz

Day 17, nice long 3 km swim in 68 minutes. Went really well for most of the swim, last 200m were like swimming through treacle.
    Still managed to keep all my sessions on this 100 day thing in the lower HR zones (zone 3 118 to 134) as I figured this will prevent me over doing it and so far it’s working.

Some great pics on the Strava activities.

sc-xc

Day 17: 30km ride round Kinver with a good mate in glorious sunshine. Stopped off for a coffee at the little bike shop in Kinver…didn’t know it was there but will definitely be taking my bike there for repairs.

soobalias
    Free Member

Day-17?

this morning im taking the mtb out to see if the rain has made the dust settle
    then a gentle leg stretch of a walk later on.

keefezza
    Free Member

Day 17 – 1 1/4 hour round trip walking to McDonald’s and back for breakfast. Little bit of walking around footy pitch whilst son played plus some homeworkout app stuff. I have very low upper body strength so working on that with this app, bodyweight stuff only cos sod going to the gym.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 1,056 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Christmas’ is closed to new replies.