Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,056 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

There’s only one way to go about this seriously. So I’m hopefully getting a new bike tomorrow. No excuses.

Houns

I’m just getting my last couple of days of crappy eating and drinking in

MoreCashThanDash

I’m just getting my last couple of days of crappy eating and drinking in

Been a tough and calorific few days, but I’m nearly ready too.

walowiz

There’s only one way to go about this seriously. So I’m hopefully getting a new bike tomorrow. No excuses.

Nicely done.

So what’s the deal with this – if it’s not on Strava and visible to the 100 day STW club it didn’t happen, or is there some spreadsheet we fill out ?

Houns

Who’s up for posting their starting stats on here (whatever you want, whether it be waist size, ftp, weight, body fat%, resting heart rate, etc etc) then posting your stats after 100 days?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Steady Tiger, I don’t even know you.

fazzini

ftp

I don’t even know what this means 😬

ayjaydoubleyou

whatever you want, whether it be waist size, ftp, weight, body fat%, resting heart rate, etc etc) then posting your stats after 100 days?

I’m in – weight and waist size are the only metrics I can reliably measure before Friday and repeat on Xmas day.

AndrewL

Last year it was pretty informal, it’s up to you how you want to log stuff.

I had bits on Strava that would have gone on anyway, other bits like a walk, climb etc I just remembered. We updated eachother on here and tried to encourage everyone, and all remained jealous of scotroutes photos.

scotroutes

Bloody hell! Nae pressure then?

sandboy

Nae pressure then?

Have I missed something? Are there prizes this year?😀
    I’m with @AndrewL, never had Strava, all my rides are recorded on my old Garmin.
    The whole point of this challenge for me is to try to maintain a reasonable level of fitness when the natural tendency is to do less as the autumn/winter approaches.
    This year, the plan is to do a little less pedalling with a little more weight/resistance training to hopefully build some strength which as I’m getting older seems to be fading far more than my overall fitness.
    I’ve been riding and doing weights on alternate days with at least two recovery days a week for the last fortnight and so far it’s working well.
    Best of luck to everyone having a go, it’s definitely worth the effort!

soobalias
    Free Member

plan to give it a go… ive sent houns my deets.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m in. After a crap year or three for cycling and a woeful SSUK trying hard to achieve mid-pack in a race where no ones racing I need a kick up the arse.

I’ve devised the closest thing I can find to the (fairly horrible) SSUK course by linking together all the hardest climbs locally out of the Thames Valley to track how many meters I can climb in 3 hours. So that’s a few solo rides sorted. 3x gym sessions and 3x lunchtime rides with colleagues and it should be achievable. Commuting most days too, not intending to count that, but gives an easy tick in the box if life gets in the way of actual exercise.

I gym, cycle and/or swim daily anyway. I assumed most did on here

Are you new? We just talk about bikes.

ayjaydoubleyou

85.3kg this morning after coffee and toast.
    34 inches around the belly button when exhaled.
    Lets see if I can make room for Xmas dinner.

mogrim

’m just getting my last couple of days of crappy eating and drinking in

Eh? 100 days of exercise, no one said anything about avoiding crappy food or drink!

scotroutes

That.

Exercise is an enabler!

Houns

That’s true! But I need to.

And no, I don’t want anyone to send me their deets, post them on here if you want

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Dropped out last year due to builders and achilles tendon issues.Others are going into this with similar issues, so I,m going to join the old crocks cohort.Any ideas about successful completion of this challenge whilst carrying old injuries would be gratefully recieved.
    PS, I hope Mrs Scotroutes is now OK.

reluctantjumper

Just do what you can each day, doesn’t have to be a big effort or anything. Most of my days will most likely be local walks and stretching sessions!

Start weight: 86.3kg. Just want to get that down by the end,no target just a downward trend would be good!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Yup…got a feeling lots of my days might be similar.MSK guy at my local surgery might have some tips for me.

TiRed

Henry is in. And he will need someone to walk him. I’m in and will endeavour to spend longer on two wheels rather than feet.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Picture of Henry in action possible.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Just measured the blubber mountain: 93cm in circumference. Disgraceful. 5k run/wobble for lunch. This is going to hurt.

MoreCashThanDash

Started today at 84.8kg and 24.5% bodyfat, supposedly.

I’m now 20 miles into a 45 mile gravel ride, and have just had a “Small Breakfast” at a cafe/farm shop.

I may have done my 30 minutes but it won’t have helped 🤣

retrorick

I skipped breakfast today. Already on the beer tho!
    I’ll track my 30+ minutes of activity later on.

Mister-P
    Free Member

30 minute river swim done this morning. A good start, only 99 days to go!

ads678

105kgs & somewhere around the 36-38″ waist for jeans ect…Could cost me a fortune if I lose too much weight!! Although I do have stuff I would like to fit me again.

Just got a new bike so will hopefully some impetus for this, first ride will be after work about 3:30. Probably ust walks Saturday and sunday as away visiting family.

My wife is going to try and do it as well, she won’t be taking it as seriously as me but it’ll be nice to have some enchoragment.

Stainypants

I’ve done 5 rides since last Saturday. I really wanted a rest day today. I’ll do a 30 minutes run walk later today to start.

scotroutes

I took a day off exercise yesterday – my first for a couple of weeks – so I’d be starting “fresh”.

Houns

Right, my abysmal stats:

86kg
    26% body fat
    110cm waist (around belly button)

All on a skinny frame (apart from stomach!) so not a good look.

Actually concerned about having loose skin around stomach once lose weight.

timizere

Day 1 done! Sunshine also helped with the motivation 😁 if anyone lives in/near new mills and wants to team up for some rides, I’d love to! Just moved from Manchester and have no friends 😆😭

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Well, that was unpleasant

Check out my activity on Strava: https://strava.app.link/Ibg9YWrUmtb

K

May as well join in.

10.1km ISUP paddle in 1:40:30 6kmh with 2 portages.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I’ll not be looking at any body stats – I do this purely to get me fit for the following year.

Like a few other folk up there, I’m coming in hot having ridden the last two days already, and doing 50 miles and 10,000ft of ascent on the MTB last weekend. So I’m wrecked. Still, start as you mean to go on – 20 miles on the hardtail in very mid-October weather-

Longarmedmonkey

I’m in. Fabulous idea. – 5k run/walk tonight.

Stood on the sad step this morning and it read 19st on the nose. Spent 10 mins of lunch planning a ride for the weekend. Details and progress to follow.

walowiz

Record my activities on Garmin/Strava but today’s activity – 2300m swim in 51:42.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Hopefully I’ll get out for a test ride on the new stead, if not, we are dog sitting this weekend so will fit in a walk instead.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

If four hours doom scrolling counts I,m top of the leader board.😄

retrorick

Just completed a 45 minute walk. Might try and up it to a jog.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Half an hours weights,stretching and exercises.Got me sweating and raised my morale.
    Careful with that running rick.A walk is far safer for us old timers.😁

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 1,056 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Christmas’ is closed to new replies.