Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,056 total)
  • 100 days of exercise until Christmas
  • Houns

Yep that time of year has come around all too quick again. 100 days to Christmas will start on the 16th.

I wanted to start this thread to motivate me to do it this year, I really need to work on reducing my body fat, lose a bit of weight and get fit.

So, who’s in?

matt_outandabout

I think I ought to… I’m in.

onehundredthidiot

Yep I’m in. Been struggling with motivation for a few weeks so this definitely helps.

andrewh
    Free Member

Can I do 98? Got the UK 24hr Championships at Keilder next month and a day off before and after might be in order!
    I did the one after Christmas last year and that was good

Twodogs

Maybe this will motivate me a bit! I’m in

didnthurt

Whats the quilifiers. Does 30 minute walk count?

Or is there a minimum time and effort.

scotroutes

Here’s last years thread.

100 days of exercise until Xmas

Assuming the same “rules”, then it’s 30 minutes of exercise per day. Riding, running, walking, paddling, weights, yoga, etc, outdoor or indoor, it’s up to you. Keep the thread going with photos and chat as that adds to the encouragement and incentive for others.

There was a Strava Group set up last year too, though I rarely make public all my Strava activities these days.

ayjaydoubleyou

Right I’m in. This and the alcohol thread has got me panicking that I’m going to end up like the older members of my family that I saw on the weekend.

MoreCashThanDash

I think I ought to… I’m in.

Oh, go on then, I bloody need to.

ads678

Been waiting for this, as I need the motivation!

A few recent injuries have compounded the fact that I have been very lazy for the last 18 months. I really do need to back into regular exercise. I did it a couple of years ago and it was good. Unfortunatley shortly after that, my excercise kind of went down hill, and I haven’t recovered….

So I’m in, but will have to take it slowly, hopefully I can back to running some decent distances by the christmas though.

I may fail, as we have a very serious illness in the family, my younger sister has unfortunatley lost her battle with cancer and might not even make christmas! Hopefully though I can use this as a positive mental thing as well as physical.

Good luck everyone.

breninbeener

Yes i def need it, so im in!

Thank you

pondo

In fo shizzle – I got timber to cut! Week 3 of C25K started this morning. 🙂

blitz

I’d like to give it a go. Tried a couple of years ago and made it to about 60 days and then the wheels came off for some reason. Last year we were moving house and so didn’t even contemplate it. Feeling like I have the capacity and desire to give it a good go this year.

donkeydave

Never done anything like this before but last 18mths have been rough and my fitness has taken a dive and my belly taken a boost in size, need a kick up the arse so lets do this.

james-rennie

Yep, I’m in.
    I managed 4 or 5 days per week last year, so I reckon 7 days a week is do-able

didnthurt

Sounds easy enough. I’m in. Does it start today?

Houns

No, 10 days time

fazzini

I’m in. Injured myself training for the Great North Run and playing cricket so can’t run – not that I ever could tbh – did C25k and thought “GNR?? why the hell not” – old broken body thought otherwise 😳. Bike riding all the way for me. Oh, maybe the odd walk with Mrs Fazzini too.

sandboy

I’m back on it already, Started 1st of September. The whole concept of keeping up regular exercise during the winter has been invaluable for my summer fitness. Done it the last two years and really felt the benefit.
    Most days I will be getting out for an hours ride, mixing it up with some resistance training and some yoga/pilates sessions when I need a break from pedalling.

mrb123
    Free Member

I mentioned on last year’s thread that I’d done the full year. Well I’m still going – I’ll actually hit two full years of posting an activity on Strava every day later this month, my self imposed rule being a 2 mile walk or run or a ride of around 30 mins being the absolute minimum.

Anyone else still on for doing the full year this year? I remember a couple of people said they might try it when I mentioned it last time round.

mogrim

Assuming the same “rules”, then it’s 30 minutes of exercise per day.

I usually take that to mean anything above your daily activities – if you’re going to have to take the dog out anyway, that doesn’t count. You have a bit more time and instead of your normal 30 minute walk you decide to do a couple of hours? That would count.

But that said the rules are definitely “rules”, and not something I’d get too concerned about. The other rule is to do your best to out-photo @scotroutes, which is a real challenge 😀

Anyway I’m in. And ¡ánimo! @ads678, as the Spanish would say.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

In. Got to get the gut gone.

fathomer

Yep, I’m in for this. I generally exercise every day anyway but find it really motivating on those really grim days when I normally wouldn’t.

IHN

Go on, I’ll have a go. I walk the dog for an hour a day normally, so I’ll try and do something on top of that, but if I don’t I won’t feel too bad 🙂

pondo

I mentioned on last year’s thread that I’d done the full year. Well I’m still going – I’ll actually hit two full years of posting an activity on Strava every day later this month…

Chapeau!

Dickyboy

I’ve failed the last two years but def need to have another go, 3rd time lucky & a bit more motivation (gut) will pull me through I hope..

boxwithawindow
    Free Member

I’m in, need a push.

jimster01

I’m in, need a target.

avdave2

I’ve been trying to run everyday for a few weeks. Got into a pair of 28″ waist trousers on Friday 😂

munrobiker
    Free Member

*waves*

If bloody @houns can do it, I’d better do it too.

Houns

Didn’t say I could do it, but I’ll try

And yes I’m currently sat outside a pub having a pint

kennyp
    Free Member

Does doing some stretches count as an exercise? I’m at the age now where recovery days are essential.

PS Just tried putting it into my diary for the 16th and whatever I typed autocorrected to “100 Days of Excuse”. Maybe it’s trying to tell me something.

mogrim

Does doing some stretches count as an exercise? I’m at the age now where recovery days are essential.

Seem to remember lots of people swooning over Abi or whatever her name was, and her yoga classes. That could be an option?

simonalex99

I’m in, sounds good and achievable to lose a bit of weight

jeffl

Hell yes. Started it last year then got laid up with Covid in November which screwed me over royally as far as excercise and recovery went. Then tore my collarbone ligament in May resulting in a couple of months off the bike, so definelty need something to give me a kick up the arse.

retrorick

I think I’ll try. I’m missing the chub club motivation so this should help towards increasing my activity.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

Another chubber for the gang here – just started trying to get back into the swing of things on Sunday, so this will be a good target to chase.

Are we going to do Strava again?

bigdean

After failing the summer chub club I need to have a crack at this.
    30min should be manageable.

sandboy

@kennyp, I really couldn’t do it without the recovery days. A walk instead of a ride is also a good alternative.

Caher

I gym, cycle and/or swim daily anyway. I assumed most did on here

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 1,056 total)

The topic ‘100 days of exercise until Christmas’ is closed to new replies.