Home Forums Chat Forum 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas

• This topic has 398 replies, 57 voices, and was last updated 1 hour ago by reeksy.
Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 399 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas
    nickingsley

Day 1, ✔️

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Karate with the eldest and a half hour plod around the common whilst the youngest finished scouts. We’re off!

Caher

Lunch walk then 2 Zwift sessions.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Is the stabiliser Chris Martin?Nearly finished my Gallon of water.

reeksy

I pretty much do 30+ minutes every day anyway … but there are days when I don’t so joined up to try and make me stick to it!

kimbers

After 3 hours of cubs and scouts tonight

I’ve managed some yoga this evening

soobalias
    Free Member

one, done.

timber

Just spotted this so today’s exercise will have to be the charging up, down and around castles and towers with my 7 year old.

loum
    Free Member

Got a pleasant afternoon run around the local country park in.
    Usually I’m a morning exercise person, and if it hasn’t happened by 9 it doesn’t usually happen that day. A hectic Monday morning and the challenge changed that.
    Back to normal this morning, off out now.

toby1

Ok, on dog days, at least 10k steps for me which should be possible as we both like a wander.

This morning up and in the garage for 6:20, goblet, split and single lead deads plus some shoulders for good measure, then I’ll be cycling into work, but that’s not unusual (I actually started Tuesday/Thursday garage gym sessions a few months back and just get on with it no matter what).

Weekend will be a challenge as Friday will be in car a good portion of the day, Saturday there’s a boat trip and ash scattering plus travelling back to an airport before a trip to Prague Sunday, sure I can fit something in each day though.

mogrim

I managed to persuade the wife to join me on a “Pilates for Beginners” youtube series. Slightly shorter video than the regulation 30min, but it would have been a hard (aka impossible) sell to get her to do a longer one. It was quite fun, and we’ve both learned the importance of leaving the dog in the corridor before starting, as she also thought it was great fun :)

So day 1 complete.

DrP

After SSUK on sat, and 50k commuting yesterday, I’m tired :D

But..riding this eve with my usual group.. Garmin is telling me to “rest”!

Might do a slow run tomorrow, or maybe yoga..

DrP

reeksy

Day 2: 25km out past the secret lake to the old quarry and tried out my new innies

IMG_8477

warton
    Free Member

I’m in, for the first time.

Question – it sounds like walking counts? I have recently started playing golf, so assuming 4 hours of golf would count?

AndrewL

Reeksy, do you live in Scarfolk?

That poster has a flavour of the area…..

Scarfolk owl

reeksy

Hahaha I know the owl you mean without even looking.

mogrim

Question – it sounds like walking counts? I have recently started playing golf, so assuming 4 hours of golf would count?

Walking definitely counts, even if it is golf :P

scotroutes

I definitely count walking. When we get into (a) pish weather or (b) proper snowy weather, it’s often the best way to get out. I’ll just stick on a set of decent waterproofs and do some mini-exploring when it’s really crap and I’m always keen to get out in the snow. If it puts in a decent appearance before Christmas you’ll see my photos on here.

munrobiker
    Free Member

I count walking only if I’m really desperate. My default is riding the bike.

Gravel last night and out on the MTB this morning. Nothing too serious – not mega fast but tried to fit in at least one really horrible hill. Last night was a belter for it.

I tend to name my Strava rides after wildlife or nature that I see while I’m out, to try and focus my attention on more than just my stem. Spent about five minutes watching a roe deer that just wasn’t frightened by me, backlit by the sunset.

iainc

just joined, thanks Scotroutes et al.  I don’t log my regular dog walks (about 8k a day) on Strava as don’t like clogging up my recorded activities, so will stick with rides (incl virtual) and swimming unless I get desperate :)

reeksy

I tend to name my Strava rides after wildlife or nature that I see while I’m out, to try and focus my attention on more than just my stem. Spent about five minutes watching a roe deer that just wasn’t frightened by me, backlit by the sunset.

I count kangaroo. See some great stuff sometimes. Males fighting or joey’s running after their mums. They’re a pain to photograph though as they tend to scarper just as they get in range.

scotroutes

Day 2 then.

I’d promised to do a path survey for Sustrans so took myself down the A9 a bit.

PXL_20240917_122520176

I think I found the best tarmac in Scotland too. Don’t tell any motorists or they’ll go ape shit.

PXL_20240917_135103034

walowiz

Day #2 turbo ride for 45 mins and a 50 min 4.16 km walk along the Thames instead of working through lunch.

only mildly curious but why are some strava updates coming through as discussions ? Didn’t know Strava did discussions.

anyway pics.

IMG_3933IMG_3932IMG_3931

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Lunch run along the prom for me today, maybe a walk with the family after tea

stanley

Better than the summer…

20240917_163447

scotroutes

It’s Summer until Sunday lunchtime!

sandboy

I did an hour of weights first thing and this afternoon I had to go and look at a job so decided to go on the bike and enjoy the weather, went on the road and came back along the river. Another hour and a half on top.

olddonald

bike to work and back yesterday  – 1hr 30

Swim today 30 minutes

Bike to work tomorrow……. and on and on.

bonni

Day 2: Went out after work for 45 mins on the MTB for a bit of skills training on flat ground. Mostly wheelies (so useful!), manuals and turns.  Only covered ~7 km such was the pace.

ads678

55 minute turbo ride on MyWhoosh tonight. SWEAT!!

Caher

1k swim outside.at lunchtime. Wanted a gym session in the evening but feel a little lethargic.

sandboy

Just realised I can add photos!

This afternoon along the river.IMG_1789

rockbus

Late home from work and this is already paying off as probably wouldn’t have bothered.

Only half hour checking out indievelo for first time, but better than nothing.

chestrockwell

1hr PT today, upper body.

eulach

Day 2 completed. I thought I was going to need to do some stretching to make up the half hour but I was so slow running around the hill that I didn’t need to.

reluctantjumper

Good luck to everyone and make sure the positive start doesn’t wane as the nights draw in!

I won’t be partaking this year as I have other things that are monopolizing my time right now but I will try to increase my exercise as the days tick along.  Just looking it the photos and stories we should motivate me to get out a few times.

matt_outandabout

Yesterday I walked halfway across London.

Today i’ve walked back halfway across London, now the usual Glasgow station pedestrian shuffle, then home from station. Likely 12km by the time I’m home..

Tomorrow is a cycle commute – train and across Falkirk.

Thursday is a train then cycle down Clydebank.

So far all activity planned is utility!

kimbers

First run in a while tonight, 5K & definitely felt it

Should have worn a headtorch, but the supermoon helped

Hammered home how important exercise is with the news that my very overweight footy & beer loving younger brother had a heart arythmia and was rushed to A&E today, he’s fine for now, but the tragedy is he used to love playing football not just watching it

timber

Today’s exercise was weights and pull up based in the form of carrying a stove down the garden to fit in the shed and much pulling myself up onto the roof to fit the flue.
    Slight cop out, but got the aches to suggest it was exercise.

midlifecrashes

Stinker of cold worse today, not a chance of strength or cardio. Settled for stretches, sun salutations and slav squats to unknot and decramp before bed. Goodnight all.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 399 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.