Home Forums Chat Forum 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 647 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2024 – Exercise every day til Christmas
    seriousrikk

Thursday was the local group ride with added delivery of a parcel slightly on route. Absolutely destroyed myself coming back up the hill to home and still ended up 15s off my PB from a couple of years back.

Wednesday the best I managed were 3x 10 minute sessions of stretches and body weights in between meetings.

fazzini

Afternoon seaside stroll with Mrs Fazzini today.

IMG_20241004_133036

Good to see the USS St. Mary’s being readied for launch…

IMG_20241004_142517

bonni

Day 18: Feeling good enough to try some yoga again. As a change to Kassandra I tried Man Flow Yoga. It’s not the same, but the session I chose was actually pretty decent for my needs. It turns out he does a huge variety of yoga sessions towards a variety of aims.

IMG_9373

(Apparently full members can upload images!)

No, this wasn’t my session, and please don’t break the internet!

Day 19: a 45 min walk around my workplace for one last time before leaving tomorrow. Another 10k steps today. Still coughing.

IMG_9372

walowiz

Day #19 – pool swim 2.5 km in 50 minutes, bit boring but done. Now the dog is feeling better, should be some outside activity next week, even if it is just a gentle walk with wombat.

MoreCashThanDash

30 minutes with Kassandra again

scotroutes

Did an hour in my gym. Weights and then some yoga/stretches with Ash.

Alex

Finally rode my MTB. Elbow was pretty good. Not fixed tho hence me typing this with an icebag calming things down. Going to get back up there tomorrow and see how it feels. Was so good to get back outside even tho I was very tentative.

IMG_5849

stanley

Still on track, although today’s gravel ride ended sooner than planned…

20241004_173743

gordimhor

An hour walking on Cow Hill path in the dark. Was fine till the rain came on . Might have to take a look at Kassandra. Does she do tai chi?

jimmy

Yoga today, and a snooze on the couch.

seriousrikk

Wasn’t feeling it today so decided on a local bimble. Had a go at riding with a camera in my hip pack, workout out alright, didn’t really feel it much but meant I could get a few shots on the canals.

Photo rides are now a thing, love my small cameras :)

PA040761-2

PA040786-2

PA040683-2

ads678

Couple of dog walks, 35 minutes of yoga and a 20 minute each way walk to the pub. Rubbish night at the quiz though, only 3rd!

reeksy

Day 20…didn’t really go to plan. Supposed to be a big day at a favourite park. 10km in one of my mates got bucked and was out cold for a few mins. 4×4 ambulance arrived fairly quickly considering. Broken ribs, scapula…hopefully his head’s ok.

The rest of us did another 30km and he told us to come see him tomorrow.

IMG_8614IMG_8619IMG_8620

ton

30 minute walk around a st malo to pompey ferry yesterday, followed by a 8 mile ride back to the car via a ace chip shop in  southsea.  ace end to a ace trip.

ads678

Park run this morning 29:57. First time since COVID I’ve been under 30 mins. I’ll do a couple of dog walks today as well so it still counts!!

soobalias
    Free Member

D19 was a quick gym session after work, done something to my right shoulder, maybe at ju jitsu on wednesday.. mrsalias has just shown me her physio exercises so i will start doing that daily and try to rest my upper body for a little while.

D20? probably an hour on bike with the curly handlebars, late afternoon, but plans are vague currently.  The good news is with a sketchy shoulder, cutting the hedges is off the chores list for this weekend.

1/5th of the way, keep going.

olddonald

Park run too – took it steady after a big week on the bike cycling from Glasgow- Edinburgh – Jedburgh -Corbridge – Horton in Ribblesdale – Leeds.

sandboy

After a really tough working week , having got soaked more times than I can remember I decided I needed an early finish yesterday. Had a lovely two hour road ride in the bright autumn sunshine. Pushed it a bit and definitely feeling it this morning!

I was planning to run this morning but decided an extended dog walk would be more beneficial to my aching legs. Two hours walking along the river bank, I needed my breakfast when I got home.

Hope to get out for a ride later but have some Dad’s taxi duties first.

scotroutes

I’ve been following your adventures @ton. Looks like a great trip, especially when the weather here has been a bit dodgy at times.

onehundredthidiot

11km run on forest roads with dogs. Love this time of the year when the sun shines. Been intermittent fasting for months but had toast before heading out. Felt rubbish heavy compared with Wednesday early morning fasted run where I felt good all the way round.

Alex

Second ride in as many days. This does not feel like a chore. Lovely conditions and a beer in the sunshine to finish. 3.5 hours in the woods, prob 2.5 riding. Elbow is okay but painful on steeper stuff. I have a fun afternoon booked with the lawn mower and then a couple of ice packs!

SIMG_5857S

seriousrikk

Day three of decent weather. Day three on the bike.

This time an hour at the local doing jumpy stuff then a cheeky run down the back of the hill on the steep section.

JcVvkvHgf2yfnEEtzdOQVujfuDeQZv-9XATGO2fK0hI-2048x1536

jimmy

Family walk in the Pentlands today. Thought I saw Munrobiker coming down off Carnethy, but he didn’t make any attempt to ride up Turnhouse so I doubt it.

PXL_20241005_121230516

Caher

Just back from a 65k road ride. Went with the older crowd who stopped to tour a furniture factory.

bonni

Day 20: 50 mins in the hotel gym. 10 min or so stretches for runners followed by 35 mins on the tread mill – 10 mins warming up to a 25 min easy run.

Big travel day coming up tomorrow..,

ton

exhausted today. managed a 30 minute spin round local.

iainc

Playing catch up today, so a 2.5k swim, followed by a 45 min yoga class this morning. Then out on the gravel bike round Whitelee this afternoon, just over 31 miles door to door. Oh, and the regular 3 dogs walks… my Garmin suggests a rest tomorrow..

MoreCashThanDash

Day 20 – calories neutral 20 mile road ride with an old friend via cafes at Tagg Lane Dairy and Hartington Farm Shop. 10 mpc.

scotroutes

Day #20

Wee ride round the Uath Lochan area checking out the state of the tracks and paths. Windy, but a bit blowy.

Loch Insh below, showing the amount of climb.

PXL_20241005_142013875

The steep drop down to the Uath Lochan

PXL_20241005_142707550

Ross making headway towards the pub

PXL_20241005_145132617

walowiz

Day #20 – turbo session on the wattbike for 1 hour at 164w indicated 29 km, physio exercises and a walk with wombat.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Thought I saw Munrobiker coming down off Carnethy, but he didn’t make any attempt to ride up Turnhouse so I doubt it.

Ha! It definitely wasn’t me – I was on the gravel bike yesterday and would always ride up Turnhouse. I’m amazed we’ve never bumped into each other though.

Except for this week – I’ve admitted defeat. My legs are too fatigued from a season of racing so I’m going to listen to them and have a week of yoga, walking and maybe rock climbing. If I carry on as I am I’ll end up less fit than when I started.

reeksy

Day 21: stupid hot. 43km riding. 30 mins walk when I got home.

IMG_8642IMG_8628

ton

Bit better today.

A nice hour before breakfast to deliver some panniers I have sold to a fella off ctc forum.

All good ?

MoreCashThanDash

21/100 – depleted numbers for club rides today as other events clashing,  so just 3 others out for my gentle 30 mile trundle.

They were all fitter than me and I got a proper workout!

iainc

Pretty tired after overdoing it yesterday so some floor stretching and a very brief gentle Wattbike leg spin

sandboy

I didn’t get the opportunity to go for a ride yesterday so was doubly determined to get out this morning.
    The weather was perfect but my legs were still sore from Friday and it was hard work riding into a stiff breeze.

Thirty mile gravel ride through lovely Norfolk countryside in the sunshine. 

IMG_1846

Alex

Long dog walk/hike this morning, just missed the rain

Easy Treadmill run as that was what was on the Zwift programme and I was very happy with that, after two days back riding MTBs and some ’emergency gardening’, my legs were toast. Might do some stretching later, but after a slap up Sunday Roast I may instead opt for some ‘recovery snoozing’ on the sofa.

Plan is for four runs and an outside MTB night ride next week. Whether than plan ‘survives first contact with the enemy’ is something else entirely!

bonni

Day 21: a concerted effort to make 10,000 steps during a long flight transfer in Istanbul. Just made it before we board.

IMG_9412

seriousrikk

Another day on the bike, today was messing around in the woods with a couple of mates.

Started with three back to back winch up plummet down runs so I could tick the ‘this is exercise’ box before heading to the sketchier stuff.

Photo of the bikes because the riders looked miserable AF despite having loads of fun!!!

xhdi8PwlyTKL9WgFN9jLp3UGLDGa9-CNUxHUePJW3P8-2048x1536

onehundredthidiot

PXL_20241006_143717594PXL_20241006_102853806Stonking ride with one of the sketchier descents at yair/peel.

Then a walk and a firework clear up after some less than considerate individuals in the middle of nowhere. Hopefully they got a puncture in the way home and sprained an ankle each.

Viewing 40 posts - 441 through 480 (of 647 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.