Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • longdog
    Free Member

Just an hours wander about. Been trying to manage taking my heart meds again (verapamil) and just feeling wiped out , brain fog and bit of tight chest. Going to stop them and enjoy life.

sandboy

This week has been a bit of a mixed bag. Last weekend I was out on the road bike both on Saturday and Sunday, Van MOT on Monday meant bonus day off with a a 10 mile ride to and from the garage with a to hour walk along the river with the dogs sandwiched in between. Tuesday was an easy day with an hour of yoga. Felt very lethargic on Wednesday but managed 30 minutes of core work and stretches. Last night was an hour on the road bike and feeling tired today. Needing motivating tonight, really cold, wet and windy and really not feeling it!!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Industry standard lap of Coniston today, loved it for a brain out, legs on blast. Sunny, cool, bit breezy but loads of bikers out, should’ve had a sneaky pint thinking about it!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Walk yet again,this time a jaunt along the Tees from Stockton to Middlesbrough.Sun with wind,which I quiet like.Will force myself to ride bike and weight train this weekend.

MoreCashThanDash

Walk round the village tonight. Done 10 days on the trot. Go us!

ahsat

Worked from our van today whilst p20 went riding. Walked for a couple of miles at lunchtime.

sirromj

Another walk here today too. After non-counting commutes which having barely commuted for the past six months have left me feeling tired by the end of the week. Very strong winds walking along cliff tops. Walked backwards down one of the ramps cut into the cliffs onto the beach as weather was trying to sandblast my face. Small white balls o ffoam racing across the beach like miniature tumble weed. Tried a bit of running but hadn’t warmed up other than walking and ankles shins felt like shit. Walk back into the headwind was actually quite challenging just to stay upright.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Another walk up Bosely Cloud with the pooch for me today. Looking forward to a proper day in the mountains on Sunday

jimmy

Body weight and resistance bands today. With a work around the block to the mail box for some outdoor stuff.

breninbeener

Ive been enjoying riding every day, something i wouldnt normally do.
    Yesterday i ran with my daughter and i had forgotten how hard it is! Legs feel sore this morning….i must try and run twuce a week. My body has gone soft
    Ian

Pook

Whatever is causing these headaches is getting annoying. Got a pounding headache at 5.50am this morning.

Doc yesterday told me to keep a diary.  Gentle exercise for now.

scotroutes

Another 30-odd minutes in Loch Insh today, helping out a coaching assessment. Out for a bivvy later too.

MoreCashThanDash

Brisk 4 mile walk along the Monsal Trail with a mate this morning. The Big Breakfast at Hassop Station first may have undone the health benefits….

longdog
    Free Member

short walk to a 20 min swim this morning at Meal Beach

Zwifting now as F5/6 winds outside.

claudie

longdog, beautiful vid, but I think it would have taken me 20 mins just to get in! You’re tempting me to try this sea swimming lark but i might need to wear a few more clothes!

ahsat

55 miles on the cx bike in a brutal northerly. Feeling it now.

longdog
    Free Member

Cheers Claude. If you’re going to start, start now before it gets colder. Or use a wetsuit for less shock. I find the cold invigorating though and feel great after.

Only takes a handful of times to get used to the shock. Take your time going in to allow breathing to settle and splash your face a few times (diving reflex counteracts the cold shock). Staying in for longer times (like hours) takes longer to acclimatise.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Did a gentle ride on the mtb today due to feeling totally wiped out and lacking motivation.

On a slightly bizarre note, I did see Prince Edward out walking his dog in Swinley Forest on my ride 🤣

Tom-B
    Free Member

My dog related tale involved another giving my dog a blow job mid walk…. fairly weird but there you go 🙈

Only managed another Bosley Cloud pootle today, was hoping to do something more interesting, but adult life got in the way.

Still, just about to pack my hiking gear ready for a big day in the Lakes tomorrow 👍

jimmy

Got a pounding headache at 5.50am this morning.

My first thought is always dehydration.

jimmy

GT today, cheating on the full suss.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Little run with eldest and a couple hill reps, an hour’s walk up Hoad and aroundabouts with the fam earlier in the afternoon too.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Digging roots out today, I am counting it.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Hours ride tonight in a very strong wind.Quiet refreshing in my opinion.After my midweek collapse I seem to have got my second wind.Just wondering if my diet might have caused the problem. I don’t suppose stews and cheese sandwiches provide me with much energy.Doubt my biscuit addiction helps either.Are you folks upping you food intake or changing your diet to meet this challenge?People usually recommend pasta and plenty of it.Me,I cant stand the stuff.

icic
    Free Member

I think I over did it with the weights so took some easy 30 Min rides the last few days.

Does anyone feel more awake since starting this?

I don’t seem to struggle as much waking up in the mornings which is fantastic!

scotroutes

Rode back from a bivvy this morning. Very misty and atmospheric.

Might squeeze in a run later too.

lunge

Text book weekend so far.
    15 miles run Saturday.
    7 miles run this morning.
    25 on the road bike later.
    Weather is lush here in the midlands.

ads678

Christ it’s hard trying to fit stuff in sometimes. Really struggled the last few days but forced myself to get out for a short run or on the rowing machine in the garage. Even at 10pm.

Being injured and full of cold doesn’t help but I’m determined not to fall*. Just need to keep it fairly easy for another week or so then hopefully can start pushing a bit more.

Edit: fail…..froidian!!

sirromj

Still strong winds so decided against a short run to do another Joe Wicks no-equipment HIIT 30min workout later instead. Might practice some handstands first. Yesterday was an hour (including warm up) upper bodyweight session. Want to do more running but last experience put me right off, progress seems to have gone backwards there.

As much difficulty waking up as ever! Would help if I went to bed earlier. If I do too much exercise and make myself over tired it’s not good for my mood, but I have been feeling good after exercising and am enjoying trying different things (never done an exercise video before like the Joe Wicks).

Also enjoy a biscuit or two, and cake. Cheese = protein! Stews I imagine are very good if they’re full of vegetables/pulses/beans/etc and not just red meat. Love a stew! Just do more core 😉

longdog
    Free Member

12/100? Steady 34k/550m Road ride. Maybe a sunset splash this evening

loum
    Free Member

Another short run

Tom-B
    Free Member

13 rather amazing miles of hiking in the Lake District today for me. 8 Wainwright’s ticked 👍

ahsat

@Tom-B it really was the most perfect Lakeland day wasn’t it. We did a leisurely 7.5 miles by comparison but legs didn’t need any more after yesterday’s ride. Saw Chris Bonnington a couple of times too 😀

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFpP0mYndl1/?igshid=ngwlhrp4leln

3 nights in the van have been great. Back to reality and local workouts tomorrow.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Awesome!!!! God I love being in the hills!!!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Very similar here,outdoor Teesside gym with children throwing fireworks at assorted strangers.Who needs the lake district.

jimmy

Local walk shouldering my daughter for a good amount of it. Threw some lunges in while she was up there.

doomanic

After weights on Monday, followed by nothing more strenuous than dog walking for the rest of the week I managed to get 2 decent winch and plummet rides in this weekend. Really helped me clear my head too. Back to normal-ish tomorrow, thank dog.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Who,s this deity dog?

stripeysocks
    Free Member

Pook that sounds grim, hope a fix is found soon.
    Appear to have put ON weight, which of course just resulted in disgruntled biscuit-eating in friends’ back garden, counterproductive I know.
    But, ran on Thu & today, went out for a quick MTB potter on Sat, and on Friday walked to the next town & back, about 12 miles.

I have not yet mastered the art of saying, “later maybe” to the homemade bread, ice-cream and pancakes that the OH has been producing which I guess doesn’t help. Moah Cycling maybe. 25 years ago I was commuting 18 miles a day on a hybrid and could eat ANYTHING sooooo

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.