Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,268 total)
  • 100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas
  • Pook

The beast in the Peak? Good stuff.

I rode Shatton Edge. From the off it’s 1000ft climb. Brutal.

Knee still sore but not on the bike. It’s running wot’s done it.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

If running is so good for you,how come people always seem to get injured?

jeffl

Struggling with motivation today. Was going to go for a spin on the road bike which I was really looking forward to. Butt a dodgy socket that had started to burn and with crap access meant 3 hours out of my day replacing that. Grrr.

So will have to pull my finger out and go for a run once the kids are in bed.

lunge

If running is so good for you,how come people always seem to get injured?

Depends how you define “good for you”. It’s one of the most efficient ways of exercising, you get so much benefit for the time you use.
    Also, injuries happen a lot at the start when you push to hard. If you stay steady, you can and do keep injuries away.

I’m in 170 days in to my run streaks dn bar the odd niggle I’ve been fine.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Daughter#1 birthday today so only managed another walk. 30 min march. Through going here,there and everywhere in between got to 19.5k steps so I don’t feel too bad.

freeagent
    Free Member

Day 5 done – 25 miles on the bike this morning.

ads678

Came a cropper on a 10k skateboard ride on Friday and now have bruised ribs. Had the joy of visiting 2 Ikea’s but managed a 20k gravel ride Saturday, it hurt though. Had to clear loads of stuff out of the house and build a couple of Ikea beds today, so only managed a 30 mins turbo session.

munrobiker
    Free Member

You can skateboard 10k???!?

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

A burst of hillwalking activity over the last few days of holiday seems to have catapulted me to the top of the leaderboard – back to work tomorrow, which should see me drift back down to mid-table anonymity

jeffl

Dragged my arse out for a run, even managed to remember to charge the light. Feel so much better for it 👍.

Although I should have left it a bit longer after eating Sunday dinner 😆

longdog
    Free Member

As planned, bouts of walking and wild swimming this weekend. Probably zwifting tomorrow 😢

drew27
    Free Member

I coincidentally started running again on the 16th and this is spurring me to do a running streak of 100 days.

I’m not usually a fan of running streaks as it can become a burden but I need to focus on consistency and getting my fitness back up. Lots of zone 2.

The strava club is great – it’s great seeing the photos from everyone’s activities. I hope this will keep me on track. Keep them coming 🙂

Is there a fund raiser page this year that I’ve missed?

scandal42
    Free Member

Day 3 – A nice 2 hour hike
    Day 4 – 20 mile group mtb ride in the Peaks
    Day 5 – 30 minute very easy walk

ahsat

Day 6

1 hour walk to the hill behind my house. What a morning for it! Definitely feeling a bit tired today though.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFZBS27nqsd/?igshid=17damrj1hv5ih

ads678

You can skateboard 10k???!?

Not without falling off it seems….

I have a great, recently resurfaced path 2 minutes from my house into Leeds along the canal, but not usually right next to the water. It’s usually the way I commute in but WFH means that hasn’t happened since March. Perfect for longboarding or crusier type skateboards though.

mogrim

Day 3 – easy 10k run in the rain
    Day 4 – fairly easy 20k trail run with mates. In the rain.
    Day 5 – quick hour on the bike in the morning.

Today I’ll be training with my club in the evening, running intervals then a swim.

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Day 6 in the bag.

Went out on the MTB again just to make the most of the dry trails as it surely can’t last much longer?

As I’ve had a pretty crap year on the bike and according to Strava have only done 88,000ft of climbing this year I’ve decided that I’m now going to aim to add another 50% to the total within the 100 days as well.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Lunch time circuits today. Ow. Starting to see/feel the benefit though, did the week before and was ramping up a bit anyway but, yeah, so far so good.

DrP

Day 4 was a lovely 50km ride with teh OH (she’s on the e bike..)..2 pints halfway round so took teh flat route back!
    Day 5 started lush… Rode for about an hour to a local boating lake… rowed around a bit, some champagne, then rode back via the hills.. And she had a terrible off on a loose sketchy (but wide open) trail on teh way down. Really hurt herself, and we had to call a mate to collect us and the bikes 🙁

My exercise today is going to be my commuting – about 35 min of low intensity cycling, as I’m heading to hers after work to cook dinner and help with her kids….!
    Was going to see if my local gym has opened, but good Samaritan work trumps bufftings!

DrP

kimbers

Saturday dropped daughter at dance class 9am & spent 40mins in the skate bowl, with my old skateboard , which was great coz at that time no one could see me fall over

slow bike ride with family yesterday, but had to fix s fence & paint the treehouse!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Feeling a bit knackered here,perhaps DrP could give us all a lecture on nutrition and recovery.I would certainly be listening.

doomanic

Day 6 has not gone well; failed on OHP and Deadlift on my weights session so took it easy and did a slow 2K to finish off. Feeling knackered after the weekend and it’s the first time I’ve enjoyed the running more than the lifting.

ahsat

Feeling a bit knackered here,perhaps DrP could give us all a lecture on nutrition and recovery.I would certainly be listening.

This is the most STW response going, and I realise I am fortunate….I have a Garmin Fenix 5S (bought as a present to myself following ACL surgery) and I am trying really hard to pay attention to its recovery guidance and not push on a day when I told by it to ‘ rest or train easy’. Those days I just go for a walk, or if things don’t ache, will try and do pilates (of various levels), and just listen to my body! Yes, I felt tired this morning but have to say it is leveling off (as much as it does after a day at the computer with the must dull paperwork ever!).

swavis

As the wife’s working and I have the kids it might be a 30min dog walk this evening, or maybe I’ll get the turbo out for some Zwift fun…
    I think it’ll be a dog walk then as the weather’s still nice 🙂

Pook

Getting into doing my little local loop and managed a number of PBs and a little trophy on something too, which is nice.

I’ve also upped my average pace too, which I’m more chuffed about.

scandal42
    Free Member

Day 6 – C25k 2.but ran for longer and did an extra 10 minutes at the end. All off-road.

My it band didn’t hurt which is amazing. I actually enjoyed it, beautiful evening.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Bike to work and back today. I know it’s not exactly in the spirit of things but I’m 12hr shifts, up at half 4 and home at 7 means I’m struggling to fit in even half and hour. It’s a 45 min pedal each way so I’m taking it as a win.

scotroutes

6km walk round Loch Morlich with the Missus. Autumn has officially arrived, both by the calendar and the weather.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Jesus,that’s a tough gig kaiser.I think we should allow your commute.Do you have to do that 5 days a week?

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Will go out shortly for a spin on my bike in the dark.Two days in and I can still feel the effects of ashats pilates video.Still Kaiser has made me realise it’s time to MTFU.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

.Do you have to do that 5 days a week?

No not at all, I work two early shifts and two nights then have lots of days off. Actually quite lucky with work if I’m honest. Commuting on the bike is a bonus and let’s me get some exercise in.

MoreCashThanDash

Just done Day 6 – 24 mile road ride while daughter was at gymnastics training, including a flat 10 mile circuit someone at the club set up at the start of lockdown to replace time trials

Turns out I’m still fat and unfit – who knew? 🤣

jodafett

Bad day at work so went straight out for a run. Did 10k then realised I did the same yesterday! Now in the bath with very tired legs!

jeffl

Felt rough for most of the day, not sure why, so took a steady walk along Curbar Edge with the family early evening. Kids managed not to fall over the edge, which is always handy.

Was properly busy up there. Think people are making the most of the nice weather. Would post a photo but you know too much hassle 😀

sirromj

A return to commuting today, extended morning to 30 minutes, on the hardtail, and return home to 50 minutes, total 14 miles, probably around 3/4 off road tame xc, but I enjoy it. Also cycled to shops on lunch break which left just enough time to scrape in a half hour walk. Photo from commute home.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Pottled round the post industrial wilderness for an hour.Only one screaming baghead to report.The firework season also seems to have started early round here(worryingly).

RichPenny
    Free Member

Happy to have completed the first week, mix of full gas ebike, ring fit adventure on the switch, bimble with daughter and first proper ride on my new (to me) Cotic Flare 🙂

Tomorrow am lugging 3 solid bits of furniture up 10 flights of stairs. Not sure if I can really count that, but am too scared to go for exercise beforehand in case my knees give way.

Day 5 did a bit less than an hour on Zwift.
    Today I did 30 mins of Kettlebells. I’m already feeling the effects, hopefully tomorrow I’m not too stiff.

marksnook
    Free Member

Day one started after 4 days of pedalling around Innerleithen so I’ve started off tired! Got home on day 7 With the idea that a hike with dogs would be a bit of a rest day but the wife was already out with them! Ended up running a slow painful 4 miles instead. Out for a bit of a ride and some trail building tonight

willard

Spent the weekend moving logs, so classed that as my exercise those days, my back certainly agrees. Yesterday was a gym session (upper body) and now i feel terrible. May go for another gym session (legs) this evening, or maybe a run.

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 1,268 total)

The topic ‘100 Day Challenge 2020 – exercise every day til Christmas’ is closed to new replies.