Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Right you lot, get yer wallets out.
  • Watty

Done.

Bunnyhop

Come on everyone, he needs to reach £1,000.

stealthcat

Done via text…

Bunnyhop

Thankyou on behalf of Monksie 🙂

Bunnyhop

Talking of wallets.
    I’ve made some which are suitable for money, or even popping your phone into while riding, posted free for a small donation to Monksie: See below for photo and size.

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sigh-what-little-pursepouch-thing-to-stop-coins-rattling-around-my-gym-bag/page/2?replies=45#post-3971030

monksie
    Free Member

Wow! Thanks loads to OMITN for putting this up, Bunnyhop, stealthcat, watty….everyone.
    Things are getting completely hectic now with only a couple of days to go.
    I’d not have bothered if you lot hadn’t put your hands in your pockets and the cash ia going directly to benefit patients and families.
    £1000 is going to buy a double medical bed for the family room so that the little girl who wants to cuddle with mummy until she wakes up can do so. So that the married for 50 years couple can lie down togther and comfort the poorly one through to the end…I could go on but I won’t.
    I just wanted to let you all know that every pound raised by this is going directly to an actual thing that will be so very much appreciated and the cash in not going to get lost in a central fund and used up in admin.
    £1000. the bed has been priced up and as soon as I hit the target, they can place the order.
    You lot are MINT!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

£1000 is going to buy a double medical bed for the family room so that the little girl who wants to cuddle with mummy until she wakes up can do so. So that the married for 50 years couple can lie down togther and comfort the poorly one through to the end…I could go on but I won’t.

Nice idea

jameso

Good work sir ) Where are you riding on the London-Luton bit?

monksie
    Free Member

Thanks James, mint! Not at all sure at this point. Two guys from the big city are guiding me out for that bit. I’ll find out and post it up. We’re not allowed to get right outside Olympic Park apparently so I think the plan is to ride around the outside or something?

jameso

Ok. I’m out on the road not far from the Luton / MK area Sat am, I was going to heckle / encourage / maybe sit on your wheel if I was tired )

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you to everybody. Nearly hitting the £1000 target needed to buy the bed for the family room. Every single penny donated is going to pay for it. Not one bit of it on admin, or anything. Thanks again everybody.
    Things are getting very busy now so this little spate of updates (a few threads on here and a couple of other forums are kicking around) will probably be the last untiol the ride is finsihed and the proze draw has taken place.
    It looks like Twitter @stannsbigbike will be updated regularly during the day with locations and times if anybody would like to join in. Apart from a tow out of London until I get to East Mids. I’m on my own apart from JamesO.
    It would be great to have some more sporadic company during the day. I’m trying not to cheat as it was promoted as a solo ride and if you’re near to Manchester, it would be ace to see you at the Velodrome. We should be there around 7:00pm to 7:30pm.
    Thanks again everyone.
    Steve
    https://www.justgiving.com/account/your-pages/stannsbigbikeride

ourmaninthenorth

Come on you lot. Another 80 quid to go.

Forego that super-size McDonalds just this once, and share the love with Steve.

(Oh, and donate some cash too).

😀

Murray

Done – very close now….

boxbuster
    Free Member

Just donated, top man for doing it, hope it all goes well

IHN

There you go, buy the bed.

monksie
    Free Member

AAAAARRRGGHHH!!!! Auger-! Sorry, wrong celebration….

[u]YOU BEAUTIES.!!!! NETTLES! Massive thanks to Mr I Hate, Murray, Boxbuster, Our Man….everybody. Every last one of you who have donated cash, prizes (Bunnyhop, Jedi@UKbikeskills, Royles, EBC), championed the cause…..[/i][/u]

Thanks everyone. Absolutely brilliant!

Inbred456
    Free Member

Done, good luck on Saturday and don’t forget the Jelly Babies 🙂

monksie
    Free Member

Thank you Inbred.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Right you lot, get yer wallets out.’ is closed to new replies.