• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Orange smarties!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Rarer than rocking horse shit!

mikey74
    Free Member

Dunno. I haven’t had a tube of Smarties in years. They always tasted the best…..or did they?

Rubber_Buccaneer

Funny you should mention smarties and shit. Apparently smarties were a big part of my pottie training. Red one if I shat in the pottie, other colour if I pee’d in the pottie but no smartie if I did either somewhere else e.g. in the bath.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spooky_b329

You can’t get a ‘tube of smarties’ anymore. They come in some folded card hexagon abomination 🙁

And no more popping the lid across the room…chocking hazard apparently…

thegreatape
    Free Member

They always tasted the best…..or did they?

Orange ones are the only one that has a different flavour.

z1ppy

I’d hardly call that an abomination…Smartie-tasitc! 😀

johndoh
    Free Member

Orange ones were orange flavoured, the rest were just sugared.

slackalice
    Free Member

BITD, one of the best snippets of advice I was given was: if you’re offered any smarties, always go for the coloured ones.

Worked every time 8)

Oh, sorry. Wrong type of smarties. As you were. 😆

robhughes
    Free Member

Back in the day the only thing we used smarties for was the build a pipe.
    That and a kitkat.
    I’m sure a few on here will remember that old trick. 😉

takisawa2

I made the Mrs a tube of just orange smarties once, for Xmas.
    It took a dozen tubes to get enough.

bearnecessities

Only a dozen?

Still, 100 bloke points for that.

skydragon
    Free Member

I used to have a mate called ‘tintin’ who worked at Rowntrees inYork, operating the drum polishing machine that polished smarties (when initially sugar coated they apparently had a matte finish).

A legend in York canoe club, his claim to fame was coming fast over a drop on a flooded river in the Pyrenees, to see ahead a hump backed stone bridge with only a 18″ air gap left due to the flooding. Tintin failed to react quickly enough and a dentist in York was kept busy for some time rebuilding tintins dental features….

choppersquad
    Free Member

I did actually swallow a Smarties lid from the round tube.
    I wasn’t a baby though, I was about fourteen at the time and had it in my mouth when I breathed in and it got stuck in my windpipe.
    It was OK once I actually swallowed it, but it scratched a bit on the way down.

Drac

I wasn’t a baby though, I was about fourteen at the time and had it in my mouth when I breathed in and it got stuck in my windpipe.
    It was OK once I actually swallowed it, but it scratched a bit on the way down.

Ermmmm!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Orange smarties!’ is closed to new replies.