Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • nukeproof dropper post
  • poe82
    Free Member

So did I just blink and miss this? Anybody know anything about it? Credible alternative?

cdoc
    Free Member

First I have heard of it!
    Just had a look and not much info about..

cooie

Was just about to post that.Odd that a product coming out next month has nothing online apart from Facebook!

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Looks tidy, good to have more choice.

pedlad

From that picture it looks like the hydronic hose connects at the seat post clamp end not the top seat end?
    So like a ks lev rather than a loop of cable you get with a reverb?

cooie

Cable operated?

cookeaa

hydronic hose…

Is that what the kids are calling a really obvious cable these days?

cooie

Disappointing, as it says hydraulic control in the MBR piece.

Northwind

I think they’re saying the movement is hydraulic- so cable op but hydraulic post. Seems very much like a copy of the older KS designs really but that’s no bad thing

remoterob
    Free Member

Isn’t most of Nukeproof’s stuff from other companies? Is this a whole new design?

pedlad

Ah hadn’t seen that photo. Spelling not my strong suit 😳

That cable is so exposed to crap so I’m out I think. I think cable makes sense in a stealth post but the only one I can find is the ks lev which is v expensive and had mixed reviews. Anyone know of any others?

breadcrumb

Only available in 31.6 too.

hainman
    Free Member

Looks very similar to my Giant contact seat post

PrinceJohn

Looks very reminiscent of the KS as others have said, must admit I baulked at the price when I saw it as MBR was bigging it up as a cheap dropper…

goingdownhill
    Free Member

Its a cracking post. I’ve been running it for around a year. Its from a far east manufacturer.

Its pretty low maintenance but the mechanism at the back of the post that the cable operates is prone to get full of muck which eventually stops the mechanism working, once washed out it works fine again.

Has slight side to side play in the saddle from new but its minimal. After a year its got a bit worse but no worse than the play that develops in a reverb.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I think cable makes sense in a stealth post but the only one I can find is the ks lev

Thomson are cable-operated. Again, pricey.

FWIW, the continuous cable run on the non-stealth Thomson really isn’t a significant problem. You’d want to change it as often as you’d change a gear cable, but that’s easy enough.

Speeder

Why even bother with this version at this stage in dropper post development? The cable should be stealth or at worst fixed.

Price will be ok once it’s discounted but the RRP is more than I paid for my Reverb.

IMHO

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘nukeproof dropper post’ is closed to new replies.