Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • Kona 2018 bike launch
  • kimbers

is happening now in austria

anyone have any info?

Kona rep advised me to wait for the new line before purchasing a long travel 29er from anyone else ( or even a 2017 111 or 153)
    the process range also gets a new linkage apparently

just gotta find a way to pay for it…

andywoodall
    Free Member

As a Kona fanboy (I sometimes wonder why occasionally, but they do some decent bikes in there somewhere) I’m also waiting to see.

Carbon Process is apparently not coming this year, and the 2018 is just a refresh before they totally redesign it.

andywoodall
    Free Member

ps, the usual suspects (Pink Bike, Factory Jackson, NSMB) will normally carry the low down.

kimbers

the 2018 is just a refresh before they totally redesign it.

so new linkage now then a completely new design in 2019?

Ive given up waiting for a carbon process! my 153 is 14kg in a burly build so im not too fussed tbh

just want something that has the fun of my 153 with the grip of my, (slacked out) unit

andywoodall
    Free Member

That’s what I gather, personally if there had been a whiz bang new Process design shown in Austria these last few days I’d have thought we’d have heard about it, so looks like Kona rep/LBS info is correct so far.

angeldust
    Free Member

Kona rep advised me to wait for the new line before purchasing a long travel 29er from anyone else

Would you expect a rep to say anything else, regardless of what they are (or are not) launching?

kimbers

That’s what I gather, personally if there had been a whiz bang new Process design shown in Austria these last few days I’d have thought we’d have heard about it

Like this, ?

Carbon too

Looks like a trek tho

v666ern
    Free Member

is ^ carbon?

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Looks like it!

kimbers

Downtube guard would suggest carbon

Would you expect a rep to say anything else, regardless of what they are (or are not) launching?

He also told me not to bother with a 111 or a new 153 I was looking to demo!

andywoodall
    Free Member

Oh hello! I’m very happy to have my pessimism rewarded with some new bike nerdery to look at. Kona ditched their previous carbon Process efforts three years ago and it was rumoured they then used the knowledge from the Hei Hei redesign to start work on the Process. Shops will be happy, they thought this was 12 months away and they’d have another season of trying to shift a (good) but somewhat dated design.

Funnily enough I was just reading a thread on MTBR where someone mentioned a new design with a trunnion mount. There were comments about everyone being tight lipped and something was coming very shortly.

It does look like a trek, but thrilled to see a Process redesign. I love my Process 134 but was looking to Transition for my next bike.

andywoodall
    Free Member

ps, where did you get the pic?

kimbers

Embargo busting pic from a pinkbike forum post

Kamakazie

Image taken down or is it just my PC?

angeldust
    Free Member

He also told me not to bother with a 111 or a new 153 I was looking to demo!

That does put a **slightly** different spin on it, but as a rep I’d fully expect him to be saying the new range is the best thing ever, and a ‘massive improvement’ over last years models (which this time last year were also the best thing ever)!

chakaping
    Free Member

Looks like a trek tho

Got to admit it does, but with the seatstay pivot still. I can’t get on board with that colour personally.

Very interested to see the 29er though. The P111 was such a unique bike, amazing fun but also really hard work. Intrigued about what improvements they have deemed necessary.

marksnook
    Free Member

Oh that is very nice! I love my p153, could be one for next year then!
    Wonder if it comes in black..

kimbers
    chakaping
    Free Member

You are champing at the bit there Kimbers!

😆

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Process18 is password

JackHammer

Shame it looks like a Santa Cruz with that paint job, but if it’s anything like the original process153 i’ll probably be getting one…

kimbers

howsyourdad1 – Member
    Process18 is password

git

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

sorry lower case p

😆

AlexSimon

Is that an army green version behind and to the right – looks nice.
    The petrol blue one behind left looks ok too.
    Be interesting to see reports

kimbers

the green one looks to have dual crown forks so im guessing operator

tuomoe
    Free Member

I happened to be riding in Seerfaus Fiss Ladis yesterday were they apparently were having a some kind of Kona dealer launch event.

Saw plenty of those cyan carbon Process 153s, looked super nice in flesh. Seemed to work pretty nicely too based on following one good rider riding it.

P111 replacement I didn’t see sadly. Was a bit miffed about that since it’s a bike the release of which I’ve really been looking forward to. Dunno wether just didn’t manage to spot it, it’s not coming or if they just didn’t have those available for testing.

What I did see however was an Process 167, 27.5″ wheels, alu frame, grey color, Lyrik fork and coil shock. Looked very interesting and burly. Really looking forward on learning on the specs on that beast.

qwerty
    Free Member

Major Jake:

😀

theeggsofwrath
    Free Member

I’d be getting excited about the 153 29er if I were you chaps.
    Alu only though…

kimbers

id really have liked a carbon one

but i couldnt have afforded a carbon one, so this is probably a good thing!

kimbers

Oh come on, how long does it take to write up a review from a press camp?

That Whyte getting a solid review on pinkbike, try and test one in the meantime !

andywoodall
    Free Member

That Jake is nice…I have a fairly basic Cube road bike at mo, could be tempted as I struggle to find roadie bikes I like the look of.

chakaping
    Free Member

Maybe they’ve changed their minds now?

GregMay
    Free Member

kimbers – Member
    Oh come on, how long does it take to write up a review from a press camp?

Depends on when the embargo is down until. Sometimes days, sometimes weeks.

kimbers

Kona Tika 2018 $699

zakflip
    Free Member
    johnnystorm

The google translation of that site is hilarious:

I think you formulated it perfectly correctly. Here I sit, hopeless Kona fanboy, and do not get either semi or wet water running at the sight. Even the color does not feel woman-like.
    A woman should radiate robustness, calmness and look raw and it will also feel when riding a bike.

kimbers

Bollox

Kona Dealer Agreement
    2018 Product Embargo

Hello Kona Dealer!

Things are a little different at Kona this year. Rather than launching all of our bikes and a new website in the summer, we will be launching bikes on Konaworld.com as they become available. We appreciate your help in keeping new models under wraps!
    WHY AN EMBARGO?

We are not launching our full 2018 website until bikes become available. Why?

Allowing our marketing team to launch new models with professional quality photos, videos, and technical information through media partners, dealer and consumer newsletters, and on Konaworld.com
    Maintaining the value of your current year’s inventory as long as possible

PHOTOS OF NEW KONA BIKES

Please do not text people photos, do not post them to social media, do not post them to your website!

Please do not share specifications, prices, or availability dates!
    OK THEN, WHEN CAN I POST PHOTOS?

As an absolute guarantee, all new bikes will be on Konaworld.com by January 1, 2018. As models become available, we will make their pages live on the website. If you can see the bike on the Konaworld consumer website, it’s good to post about. Questions? Check with your rep!

With our big stories this year, some bikes will become available sooner than the end of the year. When those major campaigns go live, you are welcome to share assets as provided through our dealer newsletter.
    I, THE UNDERSIGNED
    I agree:

NOT to share photos of new Kona models seen at the Kona Ride Launch by text, email, social media, or word of mouth.
    NOT to share specifications, prices, or dates of availability of the above.

monostereo
    Free Member

New process looks pretty cool. interested to know what price point they put it out for.

andykirk
    Free Member

Anyone have a link to 2018 models yet?

RustySpanner

Not sure if that’s a good move by Kona or not, tbh.

They’ve always been one of the first to properly update the (very decent) website, but they do seem to discount old models pretty heavily, every year.

Whether the two are connected or not I don’t know, but I reckon many people looking at new bikes are already fixated on a couple of favourites from those manufacturers who’ve sowed the seeds a bit earlier.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Kona 2018 bike launch’ is closed to new replies.