Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • Kona 2018 bike launch
  • kimbers

Did think it was odd they are still pushing their 2017 demo tour so heavily still.

Must admit it is frustrating, that long travel 29er sounds ace, I’m eyeing up the new Whyte, wanna get a demo on one, it’s ugly tho !

kimbers

Finally got some price info on the 153 29er and they’ve got it 200quid less than the 2017 650b which is nice

RustySpanner

Cheers.
    🙂

Standard Sutra looks great.
    Glad they’ve stuck with standard QR’s on the tourer.
    Slightly higher gears.
    Nice blue.
    Matt green (please, not again…) for the LTD and an axle change.

The alloy Rove has gone flat mount for brakes but stayed with QR’s.
    Dunno about flat mount on a potential tourer tbh.
    Lots of people online seem to love these as an AWOL type allrounder, but then again, how often do Spyre’s fail?

Nice looking alloy Rove DL with Sora and guards.
    Link.

Love to see a dedicated hub gear version.

The new hardtails look great.
    🙂

kimbers

2018 Process 134 SE

the http://centrecitycycles.com/products-page/ list here (scroll to bottom) shows it as the only 134 model

I wonder if the 153 SE will be the old (current) shape process too, replacing the precept line

Looks like that Process range is 153 only either in 29er or 27.5

Seems odd, unless they believe that the new 153 is so good that 111 & 134 are now redundant

chakaping
    Free Member

Seems odd, unless they believe that the new 153 is so good that 111 & 134 are now redundant

Perhaps they weren’t selling enough of them to make it worth the bother?

Anyway, they’ve left it too long now – I’ve ordered something else.

🙂

kimbers

Im happy to hold out as It’ll take me that long to get the cash together- been told itll be a couple of months!,
    the 153 29er is matt black too thats me sold,
    (unless my test ride on the whyte totally blows me away)

jaxbenq
    Free Member

For everyone who is interested in KONA Process 153, this might be useful http://www.veb-company.si/kategorija/1258/kona-enduro.html

kimbers

ooohhh

kimbers
    chakaping
    Free Member

P153 29er looks alright.

Seems that’s the only new frame though – the existing Processes appear to be unchanged.

kimbers

The rest are 2017 bikes, apart from the 134se

kimbers

looks like a

chakaping
    Free Member

I didn’t want to be the one to say it. At least they’ve kept the trademark gusseted seat tube though.

🙂

kimbers

new explosif

heihei al

chakaping
    Free Member

Lovely lines on the Hei Hei.

I could see one of those in my future at some point.

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

New Roves and Jakes released

http://www.konaworld.com/bikes_road.cfm

Like the look of the new Rove NRB but £1600 for aluminium, Tiagra and mechanical discs?

ElShalimo

8 Rove models !

proutster
    Free Member

@chakaping – I picked up a bargain 2016 Hei Hei Race from Winstanleys two months ago, in effect I’ve turned it into the Trail version with 1 x 11 and a 120mm fork.

It’s brilliant, go for it 😀

chakaping
    Free Member

@chakaping – I picked up a bargain 2016 Hei Hei Race from Winstanleys two months ago, in effect I’ve turned it into the Trail version with 1 x 11 and a 120mm fork.

They are my LBS and I nearly got the same model a while back – but the size I wanted was sold out. Happy on my HT for now, I meant in the more distant future.

🙂

GregMay
    Free Member

New Hei Hei is a wonderful bike. The trail spec. is quite fun 🙂

pahoehoe
    Free Member

Continuing the hei hei trail love in – I picked up the 2016 trail dl in the sale – full xt, fox f+r decent hoops and it’s immense as a light trail bike. added a dropper and a new front tire and its brilliant.

andywoodall
    Free Member

I was talking to a Kona dealer yesterday and as someone said above, the Process line is now split.

The old Process 134 will carry on for awhile, and effectively replaces the whole Precept line as the budget entry full sus design (price has dropped a lot compared to 2017, apparently they have a lot of old frames to shift).

The 153 gets a new design in Alu and Carbon. The carbon ‘entry’ model starts at just over 4k, has Eagle 12 speed and Lyriks. No frame only option in alu or carbon.

Not heard anything about the 111.

I like it, but I hate the entry model colour (black)and why in the world the Kona decals are on the top of the downtube I have no idea. You’d have to be a bike nerd to spot its a Kona.

That purple Hei Hei looks filthy beautiful.

kiwijohn

I do like the Rove ST. Not sure I’d pony up for the LTD.

mrblobby
    Free Member

No Kona Ti hardtail in 2018? 🙁

ElShalimo

where are the prices on that site?

allymcmurdo
    Free Member

There aren’t any prices on the website but the bikes are starting to appear at retailers

kimbers

First processes hitting the shops.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYHqsLHDuKd/?taken-by=brukday

Gonna put a deposit down on a 153 29er today 😀

kimbers

165 650b

wozo

153 650 al

153 650 cr

operator

153 29er, im trying to put a deposit on!

chakaping
    Free Member

Very intersting, they are certainly doing their own thing geometry-wise.

Are you ordering the 29er Kimbers?

The 425mm chainstays wouldn’t do it for me, but it will keep the Process character I’m sure.

kimbers

yeah put a deposit down, been told early november tho!
    got the low spec AL 29er, brakes look crap, sceptical of the droper but I have better stuff I can swap out wheels are a worry my st i25 650bs were heavy, the st i29 29ers are gonna intersting, and as I can only just afford the bike (was able to get a bit of a discount tho) upgrade will be a while

29er & 650 share same rear end so clearance looks tight on the 29

that said i much prefer my unit with the dropouts as far forward as possible

Im still interested in the whyte s150- ive sat on one, but not ridden it (frustratingly the ‘demo’ ones at King & Queen werent for riding)

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s really good that they’ve acknowledged the pedaling issue.

Just had a look at the spec on the basic model, not great for £3k is it. Funny that it’s very similar to the £3k Tranny Sentinel build tho.

I’ve been riding a few long-travel 29ers lately and I’ve found they handle really differently depending on the wheelbase (and chainstay length in particular).

If I could only have one, I’d probably look at something with mid-length stays and long reach like the S-150 or maybe the Orbea Rallon (not ridden either though).

Or longer stays and a not-massive reach like the RocketMAX (have ridden, is superb).

That’s my unsolicited two cents anyway. Me and a couple of pals have been debating this at great length as the new 29ers have been popping up.

JackHammer

Time to sell a kidney. Want one of the carbon ones!!!!

kimbers

I think short stays with a stteper SA and long reach works

that said my Unit I only really played with the dropouts at Swinley which is very bermy, rather than steep techy stuff

Also saw the prices were similar to Transition
    Glad the 29er isnt carbon yet as I dont think my kidneys are worth enough

some weird things with the US/UK prices

Process 153 CR/ DL 27.5: £6,099 / $5,999 = UK more
    Process 153 CR 27.5: £4,799 / $4,799 = the same

Process 153 AL/ DL 27.5: £3,499 / $3,599 = US more
    Process 153 AL 27.5: £3,099 / $2,999 = UK more

Process 153 AL/ DL 29: £3,499 / $3,599 = UK more
    Process 153 AL 29: £3,099 / $2,999 = UK more

Process 165: £3,999 / $3,999 = same

Process 153 SE: £1,999 / $2,199 = US more
    Process 134 SE: £1,899 / $2,099 = US more

kimbers

Bikeradar page now deleted, I think the embargo was up tomorrow

but a little vid on MBR

Kona Process 153 CR DL 27.5 first look

chakaping
    Free Member

I think short stays with a stteper SA and long reach works

For climbing I guess you mean? I’d like to try the Transition take on this with the short offset fork, which they reckon increases stability downhill too.

My experience on new-ish geometry bikes is that long reach with short stays is great – it gave more stability and speed while keeping a playful feel.

Then having longer stays as well upped the ante again with the speed, but gave more of a planted feel.

kimbers

For climbing I guess you mean? I

yes but also for cornering and jumping, keeps you centred in the bike, great for berms!

kimbers

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/kona-process-2018-first-look.html

roll on my birthday (bike is due about then )

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘Kona 2018 bike launch’ is closed to new replies.