Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Klein attitude 22mm chainstay mount caliper + centerlock compatability
  • lifeofdave
    Free Member

I’ve got 2002-ish Klein Attitude comp frame that I’m building up and I’m trying to work out what caliper will work with the 22mm chainstay rear disc mount. The frame currently has a A2Z parallel to IS mount adapter fitted, though this doesn’t leave much clearance with the seat stay.

To complicate matters I’m planning on using some DT Swiss 240s center lock wheels and want to avoid spending extra cash on a dt swiss center lock adapter so need a caliper that should work with xtr center lock rotors.

I’ve read that a Magura Marta front caliper should fit and would allow me to use a 160mm rotor but does anyone know if I could use hope mini or mini pro or any other calipers?

Thanks

cynic-al
    Free Member

Daft Q maybe but what incompatibility problems are there with XTR rotors and other calipers?

Is it fouling of the spider, or pads wearing below the braking strip into the arms?

I have old xtr rotors and suffer the latter with BB7s

nuke

Been using Avid Juicy with 160mm CL rotors with no problems. There are cheaper options than dt swiss center lock adapters though (I bought some converters from On-One a couple of years ago for about £8 each and they worked fine)

Be interested to see how this goes as I have a 1999 Attitude with the same mount…the biggest problem I was envisaging was finding a brake caliper small enough to fit between the seat and chainstay on my small frame. I bookmarked this thread the last time I was considering it… http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/klein-attitude-comp-are-the-holes-a-disc-mount

clubber
    Free Member

tick as I have a Mantra on which I’m stuck with the Hope c2 because of the mount and lack of room for an alternative

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

I thought a Hayes 9 fitted.

lifeofdave
    Free Member

I’m gonna give hope mini’s a go for now, then maybe some hope x2’s if I see some at a good price. I’ll post here what works/doesn’t. cheers

lifeofdave
    Free Member

Turns out a hope mini pro front calliper IS mount fits nicely with the a2z adapter and also works flawlessly (so far) with a shimano center lock 160mm xtr disk..

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Klein attitude 22mm chainstay mount caliper + centerlock compatability’ is closed to new replies.