• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • weeksy

Lol at big hitter

mikesbikes71
    Free Member

Poopscoop

Thanks all, especially Weeksy. Really enjoyed it. Was going to carry on riding but just had to take the Core to bits (partially) to cure a creaking noise!lol

Think im going back on in a bit….

Ogg

weeksy

Right, i’m taking Sun and Mon off, so if anyone wants to do a ride, then you’re not stepping on my toes don’t worry.

If not, i’ll be going for 6pm Tues if that works and allows a few others in.

Road bikes and bumble bee kit.

We have a choice between New York and Watopia.

I was thinking Volcano Flat to try and make it easier to hang together ?

scaredypants

weeksy, is there a limit of 50 on these “meets” ? Are we close to hitting that ?

Presumably 2 people could each set one up – maybe a “fast” ride starting in the same place but 5-10 min after a slower one ?

swavis

I’m going to try and do stages 1,2 & 3 of the tour of Watopia over the next couple of days so It’ll probably be next Saturday before I can join you all again. I really need to be after 7:30pm in the evening’s anyway as I’ve got to get the kids to bed.
    Great fun though and I really enjoyed it.

weeksy

weeksy, is there a limit of 50 on these “meets” ? Are we close to hitting that ?

Yes to 50.

We’ve had 30 both rides roughly.

eskay

Not sure how I managed to start on a road bike, I thought I had changed it!! A quick pit stop sorted that.

scaredypants

6pm Tue doesn’t work for me so don’t “waste” an invitation on me weeksy

(If the guy who rode home at the back with two of us today reads this thread – your avatar looked like quite a big unit, mate ! That’s a lot to lug up those hills. No shame in “slimming” him down for these stw rides, then you’d be better able to sit in the main group for the climbs.)

weeksy

Lol you say that like I have a clue what any of your names are, I just send it and hope

scaredypants

ah, sorry mate – I’m “.scaredypants” 😁

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m doing the stage 3 Alpe at 8.20am tomorrow if anyone wants to join. It will be a slow one, just planning to tick 2 boxes, end the tour and gain some vertical points towards the Everest challenge.

Don’t care about final position on this one.

piemonster

ah, sorry mate – I’m “.scaredypants” 😁

😂

DrP

Cheers for organising that again Weeksy…
    Great course, and lovely to have been able to stick it out the whole hour!

Sorry myself and P.A (who are you on here, by the way??) shot off ahead after 10 or so min… we both seemed to stick in a pace that was working well..

Did something just shy of 33km after the hour.. sweaty times!

Tues; I could prob do 1800, but 1830 would work better…will see how the group goes!

DrP

phil56

Hi Dr P – that would be me.
    Enjoyed the ride with you today

Thanks Weeksy for organising
    Phil

teamslug
    Free Member

Sorry I missed it but I’m up for another crack at it.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I’ve changed my name to include the STW so if you run another can I have an invite please?

weeksy

Sure Dobski

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

your avatar looked like quite a big unit, mate !

That’ll be me – getting the curtain stuck in my back wheel and then having to try and chase back on didn’t help this morning, but there’s no avoiding the reality that I ‘have a big avatar’ (going to be my favourite new euphemism). A little weight doping for the group rides is not a bad idea, as long as it doesn’t mess with my ftp for any training programmes?

Poopscoop

100kg here mate.

I really don’t like altering my weight. It is what it is. If I come last (and I have a few times) then at least it’s “true”.

Just my point of view, not being judgmental mate.

You could lower the road feel in settings. You still have to put the watts out but it might help psychologically?

scaredypants

Hi d_j

You can set your weight any time, so could do it for these rides and then back again for your workouts. Just seems a shame to have to suffer off the back as soon as we hit a hill. I’ve no doubt that you can smash along the flats like nobody’s business since the “per kg” bit pretty much disappears there.

I reckon that ride would have wanted between 2 and 2.5 W/kg to stay on and be comfy up those hills. If ANYone is intending to do a social ride with others and doesn’t think they can do that, the solution seems obvious

Poop – I agree for racing and training but it’s no fun if you’re maxing out and being dropped by the social group you’re trying to ride with. Course, if you reduce weight too much you swing the other way and won’t get a proper workout but, y’know, then you can sit on the front and take the wind instead

(I did chuckle at the curtains comment while we were riding – that might become another favourite phrase !)

Poopscoop

Yep scaredy, I’m a funny bugger with this sort of thing.

Definitely don’t mean to be a prat about it though. If it helps ditch jockey then it’s all good.👍

jimdubleyou

113kg here, I can just about keep up for about 45 mins, but once you ramp it in the last 15 I’m toast.

I’m ok with being in the grupetto for the last 15, it’s where my fitness is at the moment. It’s an enjoyable ride nonetheless.

timidwheeler

Weeksy, sorry I didn’t turn up when I said I would.
    I……
    Truth is I was hungover.
    Sorry.

Poopscoop

Can the fence be used on these meet ups potentially? They can be great to keep a group together. Just wondering really.

eskay

The fence has been broken for ages, was it fixed in latest update?

Poopscoop

They mentioned the fence in the update but it sounded a bit ambiguous?

scaredypants

timidwheeler
    Weeksy, sorry I didn’t turn up when I said I would.
    I……
    Truth is I was hungover.

Good work for an 11.30 start – well played !

peesbee

Good ride this morning – difficult course to stick together on. Count me in for next ride – plenty of time for of zwifting at the moment and a good place to forget about the madness going on in the real world. PeesBee STW

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

I couldn’t believe it when I’d just settled into the middle of the group after about 10mins when my back wheel stopped dead – there was a bit of confusion as I looked behind me trying to work out if I’d dropped my chain or something, before realising that the breeze through the open window had blown the curtain into the back wheel and jammed it into the brake. Once I got it freed, I had to push to the limit trying to catch back on before the climb up to the bridge, and couldn’t really recover from digging that deep so early on.

Great fun all the same – I don’t do a lot of group riding IRL, so this is a steep learning curve, but a good laugh nonetheless.

weeksy

Ok, Monday 7pm for you working types, flat course, road bikes.

Poopscoop

@ditch_jockey

Curtain fail. Of all the issues I’ve had on a ride in Zwift I’ve yet to manage that one! Lol

Poopscoop

Yeah,I should be able to make Monday. Flat sounds good too. Lol 👍

daviek

is there a STW club type thing or are people just adding the initials at the end of their names? might be interested in joining in with this if times allow.

weeksy

Both Davie. Although i forget how to do it in Zwiftpower profile, but it’s in there.

If you add STW and follow me, you’ll get invites.

We have about 70 active STWers so sometimes i hit people with invites, sometimes i don’t, sometimes you’ll get 2.. LOL… i just click names in my list. With about an hour before an event, i generally have spaces.

So, next event is as above, 7pm on Monday, if you want in, i’ll find you a space, maybe not right now, but deffo closer to the time.

daviek

cheers weeksy,

I intend doing a FTP test this morning to begin a training plan but social rides will break this up nicely.

robbo1234biking

7pm tomoz is good for me. Bumblebee kit still?

weeksy

Yeah. Bumble Bee

Tiger6791

I’m in for Monday, gonna stick in the group.

I tried to chase down DrP on my own as a personal little challenge. I couldn’t I overdid it yesterday and pushed myself a bit much, I enjoyed it and I’m really happy seeing this thread made me re-join Zwift after nearly a 2 year break.

But I’m massively unfit

And for now I need to ease myself back in

Viewing 40 posts - 281 through 320 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.