• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • benman
    Free Member

I fancy a bit of this, on Sufferfest at the mo, but might stick that on hold, and set zwift up.

tomlevell

I’ll sign up for Monday. Happy to do pace setting at required power on the front or looking after people who get dropped off and towing back on.
    I’ll say I won’t do the race bit as I’m avoiding going too hard at the moment but we all know that’ll be a lie.

weeksy

Can the fence be used on these meet ups potentially? They can be great to keep a group together. Just wondering really.

NO fence option within this setting.

J-R

Hi Weeksy, please can you send me an invite for Monday if there’s any available? On Zwift I am SouthsideJohnny.STW

I am now following you on Zwift companion, I think – is that what’s required?

Thanks – SSJ

crust
    Free Member

Was a great fun ride with bits of banter. Was a laugh on the jungle downhill – big group of bumble bee mountain bikers all charging along together.

Thanks to R. for the tow up the climb.

Thanks for the invite Weeksy, will try to join in on the evening ones.

mooman
    Free Member

7pm is good for me too.

benman
    Free Member

Just joined, and followed Weeksy (I think!). Could I get an invite for Monday if poss? No idea how I get a bumblebee jersey as a newbie?

tomlevell

I think you can get it as a new user.
    When you log in don’t ride and go to bottom left of screen and MENU should appear.
    Go to GARAGE on far right and go into JERSEY and pick the yellow and black one. BASIC 1 I think.
    You should have the right bike. Zwift Aero NOT the TT bike or MTB that are also in your garage.

zilog6128

@weeksy I’m free tomorrow if you can sling an invite my way please!

benman
    Free Member

Got the bumblebee jersey! Just had to sign up properly I think (instead of being in free trial). All good to go for tomorrow 🙂

weeksy

Just so you fellas know, it makes it a lot lot easier if you decline the invite if you’re not playing

stumpy01

Are there any invites going for 7pm tomorrow? I didn’t get one. Not 100% sure I can make it yet, but should be OK, as I had a day off today.

No problem if not, I’ll find something to do – a run, a real bike ride now the clocks have changed or something random on Zwift.

Ta.

Poopscoop

I rarely ride the volcano circuit. Does Zwift class it as road for bike choosing purposes?

Thanks guys!

weeksy

I’m sure there will be later Stumpy, who are you ?

Yes to road bike. It’s in the description 🙂

eskay

Thanks for the invite Steve, can’t make tonight and have declined invite. Cheers Simon

weeksy

Eskay, thank you 🙂

Stumpy, added 🙂 (Thanks for adding your name, it helps !!! )

peesbee

Hi Weeksy, can i have an invite if any available for tonight. PeesBee STW. Ta

weeksy

Course mate..

swavis

Hi Weeksy, I won’t make this evening so have declined the invite. Hopefully the next one though.

prawny

I’ve slipped a cheeky stw at the end of my name on zwift.

My smart trainer is coming this afternoon so will be signing up for at least a month. I really like RGT but it seems there’s not many people on there at the times I go on where as there were 96 people signed up to a zwift race this morning at 7.

DrP

Hey.. I’m actually going to go for a real ride this eve after work, so have declined the invite for this eve.. Might put out for Tuesday eve though…

I’ve finally got a trainer tyre as was knackering my normal road tyre!

DrP

weeksy

Well we have a decent number for tonight so should be good 🙂

bedmaker

I’ll take an invite for 7 tonight please weeksy, if there are any spaces left?
    I’ve just followed you. Furrybreeks Maclean STW. Cheers.

weeksy

All in matey.

30 we have now 🙂

stumpy01

weeksy

Stumpy, added 🙂 (Thanks for adding your name, it helps !!! )

Ta. I’ve now been told by my daughter “you’re taking me to Dad tonight, Dad”…..so there needs to be some gentle persuasion that I did it last night, so it’s mummy’s turn tonight…
    Ha! We’ll see.

Need to remember to swap bikes, but assume we are still bumble bee suited-up…

weeksy

I’d say we’ll all be in bumble bee yes.

Poopscoop

weeksy

Yes to road bike. It’s in the description

Sorry weeksy, I’m terrible for just skim reading most stuff.Lol

Just booting the PC up in a bit in case there is an update. Times that’s caught me out.😆

Looking forward to tonight’s group ride.👍

weeksy

Just chilling, will be on in 15

J-R

Really enjoyed the ride thanks Weeksy.

Unfortunately an internet drop out kicked me out at the sprint and I don’t think Zwift is loading the data onto Strava.

But a great ride, very well organised. But how do you manage to type so quickly and ride at the same time? I can barely manage the occasional couple of words.

bedmaker

Well that was fun while it lasted chaps!
    My Zwift shat the bed crossing the bridge to italian gardens about 28 mins in, all af a sudden I was all on my lonesome 🙁

Good stuff, thanks Weeksy.

w00dster

No idea where everyone was, I was getting my legs ripped off by Mooman and P.Alcock, 249 watts average, that was tough!

ditch_jockey

Apologies for hogging a place, then not turning up. I had it in my head it was a 7.30pm start, and fired things up just after 7pm to get in a quick warm up, only to discover I’d missed it.

weeksy

Who’s bright idea was SPRINT and TEMPO???

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Great ride chaps. Loving the swarm of bees. A good leg stretcher at the end there with Magnetdog, Levell and Zilog I think.

anagallis_arvensis

Thanks for that, need to work at my group riding, i just couldnt seem to establish the same rythem no matter what I did so clipped off the front, put in a few digs with about 10mins to go then dropped my phone!!

benman
    Free Member

Enjoyed that, cheers for the invite. Need to work on my pacing, seem to have a huge lag when putting power down or easing up…

robbo1234biking

Wasn’t working properly for me. I couldn’t see anyone else so dropped out and tried to rejoin but it would t work with group chat. Rode with stumpy for a bit but was having to do silly watts to even keep up.

peesbee

Great ride all. Just need to stuff my lungs back in my chest. That tempo stuff is a bitch!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Enjoyed that even if I did blow my legs off failing to close the gap to the front tempo group!

Viewing 40 posts - 321 through 360 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.