• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,121 through 3,160 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • DrP

Well at present my zwift is working, so I’ll be there!
    Clicks go back eh… tell my kids 😃

DrP

forge197
    Free Member

I did the update today and then did a test ride all seemed ok, looking forward to the ride tomorrow 🙂

oopnorth
    Free Member

I hope you are all drinking heavily to give me a chance 🤣🤣🤣😜

See you tomorrow

DrP

One red wine finished…. just beating some teens at call of duty, then bed!

DrP

eskay

Bottle of red done, really hoping to brave the weather tomorrow and go for another mtb ride. If not… I’ll be there!

oopnorth
    Free Member

I pint of beer and a bottle of wine done…mixing!

Now onto tea…

scaredypants

Have a good ride – and spare a thought for my commute 🙁

DrP

morning all!!!

Yup..kids didn’t get memo!!!!

See you in a bit!

DrP

stumpy01

Taking my daughter swimming this morning so no riding for me…

Alex

Appreciate being back on the invite list. Haven’t been able to make the last few but will be joining one soon.

neilarn2

Cheers guys that was hard going this morning thanks for waiting didn’t think I’d get up the hill first time time let alone twice, roll on next Sunday !! Something hilly with more flat bits inbetween😜

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

That was some effort Neil. I enjoyed Oopnorth’s encouraging words..’just get to this bit…’:) I don’t know about you but I seem to start slow and ride into these morning rides.

oopnorth
    Free Member

That was a tough one…felt find going into the second hill but legs went coming to halfway up…thanks to Phil for giving me his wheel and dragging me up…at times I wanted to slow right down but his goddam wheel kept teasing me 🤣🤣🙈

It’s a tough route but feels good once done…legs are aching now. A cooked breakfast is sorting me out.

Thanks all…next week it needs more rolling hills haha.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Ventoux? 🤣🤣🤣

neilarn2

Wouldn’t have been to bad if I hadn’t done the 100km yesterday and chain dropping of twice, out for a nice 3-4 mile walk with the mrs now.

oopnorth
    Free Member

You’re welcome to organise a Ventoux ride Paul…then I’m not tied in and can bail 🤣🤣🤣

I’m signed up for an academy segment ride tomorrow morning…got to go up keith hill…legs dont fail me!!

neilarn2

Cheers oopnorth good luck tomorrow with the ZA ride

forge197
    Free Member

Enjoyed that this morning, went on and did an extra bit on the Tempus Fugit route.

I am around next weekend so would be up for a Sunday Hills, I’ve not done Ven-Top but that isn’t really rolling hills should mix up harder rides and some nice more rolling rides, today’s was quite tough, felt better on the second climb than the first probably as I was a bit overspeed on the first and had to back out of maintaining that to ensure I got the ride done.

If we want an a more rolling Sunday Hills maybe the Petit Boucle decent distance not to much climbing.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Ventoux isn’t a group ride route is it?:) Petit Boucle sounds good to me.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m ok with something more rolling like France or a dust in the wind type ride to jungle etc.

Probably a good idea to do alternate weeks on the tougher routes.

forge197
    Free Member

We’ve Horseman on the 7th so a rolling one next week would be good 🙂

Ventoux could be a group ride just might be lacking in banter! 🙂

neilarn2

Or a group!

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m still unsure about that horseman route…think today showed my limitations Hahaha

An Alpe after a radio tower, plus volcano and hilly….my legs shake thinking about it 🤣🤣🤣

forge197
    Free Member

I think you’d be surprised oopnorth of what you could achieve.

My plan is to complete it and to do that, I’ll take couple days rest before it, back off the pace on the climbs (so slower than today), fuel regularly over the ride. Done on tired legs it will be a struggle for sure.

robbo1234biking

I didn’t ride today oopnorth but guessing you attacked the climbs like we normally do which won’t leave much for the other climbs.

You will be fine and we need to go back to the radio tower to pick up the pork pies that were left up there last time!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Think the issue for me is trying to keep up with others who are much faster…obviously not keep up but try to go as quick as I can so the gap ain’t too big once we hit the top. With the horseman I would probably just have to take my own pace and complete when I do…not worry too much about keeping with the group.

Like you say Forge, it’s all in the preparation…rest, fuel, take it steady, etc.

I think I’ll just have a go and see how I get on. I was impressed with Neil this morning to overcome his doubts and get up the hill again. A lot of it is mental.

forge197
    Free Member

A lot of it is mental I do get a bit of doubt before a big ride with big climbs, but once you are in it and on the way with good prep then all is well.

If we do try and stick together and help each other on the climbs it will be fine, I also try and keep up with the faster riders which this morning was a bit detrimental in the later part of the first climb, I did my pace on the second and that was more comfortable, but I don’t mind waiting at the tops (as long as I remember and don’t start rolling down !!) that’s what a social group ride should be about.

robbo1234biking

I won’t be going fast on that route oopnorth and we are near enough the same weight/ftp so pace should be similar. You will need a decent breakfast though, some coffee and some food throughout!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Porridge power! 🤣

Can’t be much worse than quatch quest, that already takes in the 2 worse hills and we did that. Hilly and volcano ain’t too hard. It will be about pacing.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

There were some fast lads out this morning Oopnorth and you were quick out the blocks. Think negative splits and you’ll be fine. Happy to ride more as a group on the climbs. Its not that tough if you pace it.

neilarn2

Cheers oopnorth I’ll give it a go my problem is normally set of to fast what about keeping at a set watts till the climbs the let the stronger go and meet up at the top. The only thing to watch is you give the slow climbers anothe of a breather before we set off down hill otherwise they struggle to recover.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m not about much this week due to half term and going out for long days with the family.

Not sure about Sunday for the hills ride, I should be there but don’t want to commit in case, so can someone else organise this weeks ride?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m happy to stick one in for Sunday this week. Not been on Zwift [edit: barely been on a bike to be honest] in a few weeks so really need to get my act together before I put on a shed load of weight. Was there any particular route folk had in mind? I’m guessing something a bit more gentle before next weekend…

forge197
    Free Member

I’d offered up Petit Boucle as an option for this weekend ahead of the big one on the 7th 🙂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well that looks like a suitably flat practice for next weekend’s “well punctuated flat route”

weeksy

I’ve got a Chiltern sportive off-road that weekend, so i’m afraid you’ll need to do without me 😀

DrP

I’m racing an enduro on sunday, so no sausages this week…

DrP

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

DrP

Ohhh what boat do you have? It’s not a wooden 50ft money pit bought on here is it?

DrP

Enduro..boat… I are confoosed….

DrP

weeksy

DrP

Pedalhounds ?

I’ve just emailed them and ask for any cancellations etc for me and the boy.

Viewing 40 posts - 3,121 through 3,160 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.