• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 3,081 through 3,120 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Extra hour in bed next week or early start? Hmmm

oopnorth
    Free Member

Extra hour every time…gives me an extra hour for the hangover 🤣🤣🤣

robbo1234biking

If all goes to plan I won’t make next Sunday as should be seeing my parents. But seeing as I expect either of us to go into tier 2 or some form of circuit breaker lockdown before then I expect I will be there still!

robbo1234biking

Oopnorth and I are doing a commute on Wednesday morning. 6.45 for 45 minutes on the Innsbruck ring if anyone wants an invite let me know.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Will I still be at home by the end of it?? Yeah, can u drop me an invite please? Do I need to wear a rucksack and fit Gatorskins?

robbo1234biking

Make sure you wear fluorescent cycle clips as well to stop the chain ruining your work trousers!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Mud guards are mandatory! Oh and a fluro jacket….its dark now!

mrhoppy

Apologies to everyone but I can’t make Tuesday, the Mrs has been signed up to ZRL racing. I’ll leave the meetup in place but I won’t be able to ride.

zilog6128

Apologies to everyone but I can’t make Tuesday, the Mrs has been signed up to ZRL racing. I’ll leave the meetup in place but I won’t be able to ride.

didn’t see this before, we wondered where you were 😂 good ride though, any one else spent after just a single 100% sprint?! Can recover enough for a couple of maybe 80-90% efforts but then that’s it, nothing left in the legs!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I also had to duck out due to work stuff. My sprints get progressively slower as well Zilog. Makes you realise how much pro sprinters have to nurse themselves through stages to ensure there’s something left for the final.

I’ll be on for the ‘commute’ in the morning.

zilog6128

Yeah, going to be interesting with the new Robbo race series… if I try to be competitive for the mid-race sprint points it’ll ruin me for the race (and vice-versa!)

kirky72
    Free Member

sorry I dropped out. my laptop battery went. called the youngest in to try and plug it in but she couldn’t find the lead. It transpires my oldest daughter had it plugged into her school tablet as she couldn’t find her own.

jumped back on eventually for a lap of the jungle circuit to get a few more miles in even though as I already knackered from tackling Gisburn in the AM.

robbo1234biking

Cheers for the commute this morning @oopnorth and @slowpuncheur. Enjoyed that and got a new 1 min power best! Not bad for a half asleep unfueled ride!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Yeah cheers both of you, took a while for the legs to warm up…perhaps I need to get up earlier!

The ride I did after in New York was interesting…i had the whole place to myself, even getting KOM and sprint jerseys without trying 🤣🤣🤣
    Just shows that no one really likes New York…they only seem to use it when it’s a daily world. That glass hill is a world of slow pain with it’s 15% gradient

I’m off next week as well Robbo but not sure I have time for the Mega, I have things planned like family time and DIY. However it means we can do some morning rides without getting up at ungodly hours.

robbo1234biking

I’m off next week as well Robbo but not sure I have time for the Mega, I have things planned like family time and DIY. However it means we can do some morning rides without getting up at ungodly hours.

I finished my DIY! Don’t think anymore is needed this year thankfully so that will free up a bit of time. We have got a rental hot tub coming for a long weekend around Halloween seeing as we haven’t gone anywhere on holiday at all this year. We have got a loaf of craft stuff and got some walks and that planned but living on the edge of the peak even at height of lockdown all the nice quiet places (i.e the countryside) have got busy which makes them less appealing.

Should be able to find some time to do the Pretzel! Perhaps – I am having some silly thoughts about attempting a vEveresting up Ventoux or the Alpe around xmas time. It has to be done on 100% trainer difficulty though so need to try that out!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Everesting??? No…no…no!! You are not roping me into that one! That’s like 7 times up the Alpe! I struggle with one 🙂

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I vaguely recall doing a ride at some ungodly hour this morning! Was a good leg stretcher. Sunday AM looks good for a real world ride but I’ll keep my eye out for any Zwift hill action.

robbo1234biking

8.5 times up the Alpe. 1 hr 40 min climbs up the Alpe, 12 min descents.

6 times up Mont Ventoux. 2 hr 10 min climb, 20 min descent.

Will be a 16 hour day. 170w on the climbs to be able to complete it in theory. 8000 calories.

Hmmmm I might have researched this more than I thought!

forge197
    Free Member

Are there are rides planned Saturday or Sunday this weekend?

robbo1234biking

forge – I think oopnorth was planning something. In the nicest possible way I am hoping not to be there but if Covid halts plans then I will join in.

oopnorth – have a date of the 2nd Januray in mind for veversting. If I run in the little ring on the bike I dont think the trainer difficulty will make much difference. I would have been riding the Cotswold Jennride that weekend but I dont see that going ahead. I am erring to Ventoux as 6 chunks sounds better than 8.5 and the profile is more consistent so will need less gear changing.

2 hours on the bike, hop off for 20 mins and eat some real food, change bibs etc while the descent is happening (thats allowed within the rules).

oopnorth
    Free Member

I think I’m around sunday for a ride Forge. Any routes you fancy having a go at?

@Robbo
    that Ventoux is a beast though…just a constant 10%+ for quite a number of km’s. At least on the Alpe you have some flatter parts to recover on. Would be good to do it but it’s well out of my abilities and comfort zone.

forge197
    Free Member

@oopnorth I am pretty flexible on routes a couple thoughts if more traditional hills fare muir-and-the-mountain, achterbahn, or triple loops, something a bit flatter but longer Tire-Bouchon.

@robbo
    hope you get to do what you want to do and Covid doesn’t stop it.

Think I am all good on veveresting..LOL, would like a go at Ventoux though as not done that yet, it’s on my other app so may download it there.

oopnorth
    Free Member

@Forge ok I’ll sort a Sunday route out based on one of those and get invites out asap.

Might do another Ventoux ride at some point…but only once! None of this 6 times foolishness 🤣🤣

forge197
    Free Member

Thanks oopnorth I’d happily do it Ventoux once I don’t need to do it 6 times on the same day either. 🙂

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Personally,I’d prefer Achterbahn as I haven’t done it but happy to do any others. Then again, I’ve just checked weather forecast and I might do Ventoux on Saturday!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Achterbahn it is, although I remember it being tough with those 2 long ascents, especially the steeper reverse!

Invites have just gone out, if I’ve missed anyone and you want to join then shout! 8am start Sunday, lets try keep together as much as possible or at least regroup at the top, it’s a group ride after all 😉

The bonus of this one is that you actually get to ride down the leg snapper at one point!

forge197
    Free Member

Invite accepted, and yes to regroup at the top’s of the two big climb 🙂 It has featured before on Sunday hills I think not long after I started doing them, looking forward to doing it again.

DrP

Accepted invite…

This was the route I did with the vegan cycling squad…. tough route, tough crowd.. no one wants my sausages…

DrP

oopnorth
    Free Member

Haha, bring them along on Sunday, we may need them at the top! Hopefully the dropout issue won’t come to haunt us both again this week.

robbo1234biking

Bring some vegan sausages along DrP!

DrP

100% meaty meat sausages here…..

DrP

oopnorth
    Free Member

Reminder for tomorrow’s Sunday hills at 8am. Achterbahn

Anyone who wants to join and hasn’t got the invite let me know.

eskay

Also worth noting that when I went on zwift last night it installed an update, so maybe worth firing it up today.

Not sure if I’ll be there, went out on MTB this morning and despite it being wet and windy I really enjoyed it. I may do the same tomorrow. I think Zwift has been making slowly turning me soft!

neilarn2

Yep all good for tomorrow morning.

phil56

@oopnorth Can I get an invite please? I’m not a definite, but I’ll try to join you
    Thanks

oopnorth
    Free Member

@phil56 fir some reason Phil I am not following you…wierd as I thought I was.
    Can you follow me and I’ll send you an invite…craigpin Oopnorth

Or let me know your zwift name and I’ll find you

oopnorth
    Free Member

Phil I am following you but I don’t think you are following me…so I can’t invite you.

Follow me and I’ll send the invite.

paino

@oopnorth can you count me in for tomorrow morning too please. Don’t think I follow you so I’ll search for you now. Given the extra hour in bed I think it’ll be reet!
    Cheers (Zwift name Paulo Paino)

phil56

@oopnorth – followed you now – thanks

oopnorth
    Free Member

Phil and Paino…invites sent.

Extra hour in bed definitely means an extra beer 🤣🤣

Viewing 40 posts - 3,081 through 3,120 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.