• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,441 through 2,480 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • forge197
    Free Member

@oop north 😂

I can do a Tuesday commute, but not Thursday next week.

oopnorth
    Free Member

@Robbo the main issue is trying to shoehorn 5 workouts into a week with everything else I want to do on zwift, it means I’m biking almost every day and on commute days im doubling up…hence burn out.

I’m going to try again tomorrow and if still no joy then I might put the workout plan on hold for now and concentrate on the things I want to do, climbing to finish the tron mission, get back into racing etc. The main reason I was doing the plan was to help increase cadence, i can always do that through racing and separate workouts, not a full on plan.

Plus, once I get the tron I can concentrate on flat workouts 🤣🤣

forge197
    Free Member

I’ve never done workouts or followed a plan I just do rides, and rides I want to do, it seems to have worked, I’d struggle with the thought to do 5 structured workouts a week and mix in rides I’d enjoy, can do 5 varied enjoyable rides without much thought though, you have to do what motivates you.

robbo1234biking

I’m doing the alpe in the morning as a warm up for mont ventoux on Saturday. Should get me closer to tron as well! I’m doing it whilst doing a 1hr 30 min TrainerRoad workout with 3 x 20 min sweet spot sessions. Not sure if that will get me to the top or not so will see how it goes!

forge197
    Free Member

Decent warm up that!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Good luck Robbo! Think I’m going up the innsbruck hill to tick it off.

Need to do the Alpe at some point, it’s been a while.

robbo1234biking

How did your ride go this morning @Oop North?

I did my workout up the Alpe – worked well and banked another 1000m. 10% (5000m) more to go now for the Tron bike.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Was good Robbo, I ditched the workout and just had a freeride which felt better, I just think workouts are not for me hahaha!

Did the Innsbruck UCI Short course as I’ve never done it and got up the hill in 29 minutes, raced a guy back down and through the town so I wasn’t hanging around, new sprint PB as well. Then straight onto the start of the Tour discovery ride of France RGV, to tick it off. I was planning to chill but you know what it’s like, it started and I was at full chat doing 50km/hr + most of the way round, no let up, trying to keep up with a group for the draft.
    Ditched it after one lap as I had to get to work and I only intended to do the one anyway, I was a sweaty mess.
    Good workout and legs are still buzzing!

Not long for that Tron now for you, a week or two at most, I’m 9000 away but should get another 3000 off in the next week with usual routes and Ventoux.

forge197
    Free Member

How did everyone do on the Stage 3 climb today, last 1.2miles was mind of matter but felt pretty good till then, albeit it was a warm morning in the bike room!

prawny

It was a tough one! Managed the climb in 1:36, but I didn’t enjoy it. I was the other way round though, it was only the last 3 km that I started feeling ok, when it started levelling off a bit.

mrhoppy

I’ve signed up for the 8pm Champs Elysses ride on Monday Cat C. This one is split by category so could get a bit racey.

forge197
    Free Member

@prawny yes definitely tough I did just under 1hr 39. I did enjoy it, good tunes on, snacks, gels and a bit of group chat time went quick.

@mrhoppy
    Will look out for a Champs ride can’t make that one though

oopnorth
    Free Member

Any commutes planned for this week?

I’m considering doing the La Reine discovery ride one morning but times are 7am on Tuesday / Thursday and 8am on other days. I would probably need to do a 7am start to get it done before work so may need to sacrifice a commute day.

Let me know if there is any interest and we can set up some short commute rides and I’ll work around them.

weeksy

Looking at the profile it’s going to basically be the London Classique route to a great extent or maybe downtown Dolphin but longer… i can see it mostly suiting me until the final lap where i get shelled on the kicker.

robbo1234biking

I am up for commutes tomorrow and Thursday but was debating doing something with climbs in it

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m up for climbs Robbo, I know you are desperate for the Tron asap! 😉

We can either do a normal climb route or join the La Reine at 7am and can drop out when you want? I’m not sure what time you need to be at work. I still have the Lutscher to do on Innsbruck, both directions, quite fancy an Alpe at some point too. I like Muir and the mountain too. I’m easy.

If it needs to be short then I guess it’s volcano or something quick around London, New York or Richmond with hills involved.

robbo1234biking

OK I have put in Lutscher CCW for the morning. The climb is about 30 minutes so it is a quick descent and then the climb. Ticks one of your list then and isn’t too bad. I am not sure where the Lutcher one spawns you so will check that out as an option for Thursday.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Normal Lutscher spawns you in the same place, but not sure if the hack works as you are already through the gate. It’s either ride the hill twice as normal, or go through the gate a little, U turn and back through the gate and hope the badge works!

Cheers, see you in the morning. Thursday I think I’ll do La Reine.

robbo1234biking

I’ll do La Reine on Thursday and do what I can in the time I have available. Where do you sign up though? I might be being thick but cant see it on the zwift calendar or on the website.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Ta for the invite Robbo, not sure what work is like this week but I’ll join you if I’m working from home.

oopnorth
    Free Member

@Robbo you will have to sign up on the events section on the companion app, like you would if joining a normal event or race, earliest you can join is the day before.

I’ll also sign up for the 7am one and will join you somewhere after the start.

robbo1234biking

I have managed to sign up for the Thursday 7am La Reine one through the website. If I can be done by 8.30 that should be OK.

forge197
    Free Member

Tuesday commute looks good thanks for sorting

oopnorth
    Free Member

Thanks for organising again Robbo! I couldn’t resist having a go up the other side of the hill and it was much easier due to being less steep and the legs and lungs had warmed up! Good practise for Thursdays ride.

Tomorrow I’m going flat to just have a spin.

robbo1234biking

I enjoyed that (kind of) this morning. I was a bit disappointed at the time as made it in 25min 5 secs so missed the 25 cut off and thought I only took 20 seconds of my previous best. However when I checked later I actually took 1min 40 secs out so that was pretty good for a fasted ride!

La Reine on Thursday for me and @oop north. Should put be within about 1500m of the Tron bike then.

forge197
    Free Member

That was a good climb this morning, enjoyed it, great choice, have a good ride Thursday

oopnorth
    Free Member

Thursday, I ain’t racing, I will try to pace like I did on Sunday. The plan is to get to the top.

You were flying this morning Rob, I was having to really push to keep up on the steep sections. The 7 and 8% gradients were almost easy after the really steep bits.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Jeez that La Reine course hurt this morning…felt worse than the full Ventoux on Sunday.
    Well done Robbo for making it up there with me, there was no way I was continuing to the top of Ventoux my legs were shot. It’s all worth it for the downhill.

robbo1234biking

Yeh that was really tough! A banana and a cup of tea wasn’t appropriate fuel for that ride! Good work though @oop north. I think I enjoyed some bits of it…perhaps. Nearly 3000m of climbing for me since Monday. 818m to go until the Tron bike – will try and tick that off tomorrow lunchtime!

oopnorth
    Free Member

I only enjoyed the flatter bits and the downhill 😉 Although 5% to 8% feels easy now after all the constant 12% parts! I’m thinking surely the Alpe will feel easier after this???

robbo1234biking

Well Tron bike ticked off this morning. Did 800m of climbing by sessioning the epic KOM reverse as it gave me a good threshold workout as well.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Well done on that hurdle ticked off Robbo! Is it flat routes from now on? 😉

Any plans for a Sunday ride? If not I’ll freeride a hill, some of us still have to earn that Tron!

weeksy

I’m thinking of something for Sat morning/daytime as the weather is looking rubbish.

None of the races tomorrow are looking particularly appealing, so would be happy to arrange a STW ride

robbo1234biking

I am probably better for Sunday I think but happy for a hilly ride still.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I can do both days if they are early doors, around 8ish. After 10am I need to get on with things, so please feel free to arrange something if that works and I’ll join.

I must add that due to my birthday today I may consume a bit too much alcohol this evening, so I may not be on top form 😉 Having said that I will need to burn calories!

forge197
    Free Member

Robbo well done on the Tron, I’ve a few rides I need to do on the other platform this weekend.

I should be up for a commute on Tuesday and/or Thursday next week

robbo1234biking

I did a route in Watopia yesterday morning.

Recovery week for me now. Only got three gentle rides planned during the week so I wont be doing any commutes I think week.

Think I have made some good gains in this training block so looking forward to my ramp test on Saturday and hopefully hit an FTP above 280W!

oopnorth
    Free Member

No worries Robbo, I have 2 done days back to back of over 1000m ascents so I’m maybe having a day off tomorrow, I’ll see how I feel in the morning. Other than that I may have an easy day or so and ramp up to a big climb towards the end of the week. At 95% now on the Tron, so nearly there…

oopnorth
    Free Member

Anyone fancy a QuatchQuest this weekend? Just putting it out there but realize most of you are now doing summer outdoor activities.

I’m able to do Saturday or Sunday, early doors say 7-30am? Should be around 2 to 2.5 hrs. Let me know if interested and if there is enough takers I’ll set something up.

mrhoppy

I can’t do this weekend but it’s a good route. I did it yesterday, took me just over 2.5 hours and I was near enough at PB on epic KOM and a couple of minutes off on the AdZ, but I climb slowly.

I’m front loading this week so was going to do Bigfoot Hills this evening and then possibly see about pushing it out to a century ride at the end.

I’m feeling left out not having a Tron bike so need to get some elevation.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,441 through 2,480 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.