• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • robbo1234biking

I have a TR sweetspot workout scheduled for Sunday so I may do that whilst ticking of one of the remaining routes I have left to do.

Cheers for the commute this morning was good fun.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Okay chaps so it looks like a “do your own thing Sunday” this week, then we can pick up the hills in the following weeks.

See some of you possibly on Saturday in the 8am tour

mandog

Can I be added to the Zwift group please?

Zwift name is Xavier Kelsall

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Hi xavier, I’ve put commute up for tomorrow and you’re on the invite list should you wish to join us. For the TTT you want the other thread >>>>

There’s a few of us do hills on a Sunday morning. Not sure if there’s an invite or for that yet but looks like I’m home so if not I’ll pop invites out tomorrow.

oopnorth
    Free Member

@Dangeourbrain Brian is the commute you put up for tomorrow? It says Friday on your description but the date is Wednesday 15th??

Not sure if I’ll make it as I was planning a workout ride. Let’s see in the morning…if it is tomorrow 😉

oopnorth
    Free Member

No sunday hills planned this week…everyone seems to have things on…see my earlier post

I might join if I can.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

It’s now for Friday

mandog

Thanks. See you tomorrow.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Think I might give mega pretzel a crack on Sunday. Turns out I’ve in-laws so I may as well start the suffering early!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Ouch.. that’s about 3 or 4 hours riding. Good luck with that one, I’d love to have a go but I just dont have the time spare.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Thanks again for the commute @Dangeourbrain, it was fun to do some sprints for once!

Good to meet you too Xavier! There will be more commutes next week, definitely Tuesday and Thursday.

forge197
    Free Member

I can do one or both the commutes next week, if I can be invited I’ll try and make both.

Found the stage 2 of TDF Etape albeit quiet flat really knackering not sure what was going on but feel utterly shattered after that, feel better after Sunday hills 😂

oopnorth
    Free Member

Was indeed knackering Forge, was just behind you on first lap but couldn’t keep it going…was full on power all the way, no let up.

Great route though and one I’ll use quite a bit.

piemonster

On the subject of long turbo rides.

Is anyone likely to be doing these when winter arrives? I’ve a few things on the mind for next Spring that need a lot of hours in the saddle.

forge197
    Free Member

@piemonster I’d do longer rides in winter too as I have a couple events next year and have monthly mile goals.

@opp north I lost it at 40-45 mins just ran out of energy, I think being in a big group you get sucked into riding harder and harder in the end I was pedalling above capacity 🙂 Good router though, would be ok as a long commute.

robbo1234biking

@piemonster. I will be in the winter I am sure. This year has been wiped out but next year planning on mountain mayhem and Jennride so will be working hard to improve fitness.

@oop north. I sent you a message about a free trial of TrainerRoad if you wanted to try some structured sessions.

I am good with Tuesday and Thursday commute this week. Will put an invite in the calendar. Any route preferences? Yorkshire lap perhaps?

mrhoppy

That route was much better than I expected, looking at the profile I thought it might be a bit dull but actually made for a good ride. Full chat to the bottom of the KOM 1st time before it broke into groups then a good chase picking off groups up the road slowly on the 2nd lap before the final sort out on the climb.

I was riding crap but 1st time up having gone off too hard but had a much better 2nd run up. Think I came in a couple of minutes down on oop north and Robbo which I’ll take not being a morning person.

forge197
    Free Member

are you thinking Royal Pump Room 8, looks good that should be commutable or to long?

2018 UCI Worlds Short Lap Innsbruck might be a challenge in the time but could be worth ago

oopnorth
    Free Member

Cheers Robbo, I’ve replied.

I will be on zwift all year round so will be interested in winter rides and training. Count me in.

Commute this week, yes I’m ok for Tuesday and Thursday, any route but I think Pump Room 8 will be too long for some, it’s probably an hour and I know some need to be away. Pick what you feel and I’ll join anyway.

Tomorrow I start the Zwift racing training plan…not sure how that will go.

robbo1234biking

Ok I stuck a lap of Yorkshire in for Tuesday and 40 mins in New York for Thursday (which should cover 3 laps of 6 train). Xavier I Followed you but think you need to follow me before I can invite you.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m out Saturday so cannot do the Tour Ventoux climb until Sunday this week, that means I will probably do it instead of Sunday hills this week.

Not sure what everyone’s plans are, should we do it as a group ride?? 🙂

I know for sure that I won’t be going full tilt on this one, the aim is just to hit the top and not to burn myself out on the way up.

mrhoppy

I’m riding it on the same 8am Saturday start, to be honest I’ll probably still be going during Sunday Hills.

Apparently all that distance and all you get is a route badge. No spinner or anything.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Yeah it looks like a chore this one, not even switchbacks to keep you motivated, just one long drag.

forge197
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking how long does a lap of the UCI normally take?

fieldy
    Free Member

Just seen this post and added STW to my Zwift account : Oldstuntmonkey hope you don’t mind 😀

robbo1234biking

My fastest lap is 28 mins so around 25 for you?

forge197
    Free Member

@roobbo1234biking ok cool that’s ok, maybe 25 not sure I am sure I’ve done the route but don’t recall a time, I can do something else after it just planning my morning. See you virtually in the AM

piemonster

Forge and Robbo

Excellent, will pick this up in a few months. Probably starting October/November, likely a mix of long weekend rides if the weather is foul and longer commutes.

robbo1234biking

Cheers for joining me on the commute this morning all.

I double checked and the L’Eatpe stage for the weekend only goes up to Chalet Reynard so is 1200m of climbing. Nothing to stop you carrying on to complete Mont Ventoux however!

https://www.zwift.com/uk/virtual-tour-de-france/vtdf-stage5

Edit: And on the app it says it is going to Ven-Top so no idea! I am going to the top anyway!

forge197
    Free Member

@robbo1234biking – good commute that enjoyed that route

@piemonster
    – I am good with that good to keep the focus up

I am having a massive debate with myself on the final L’Etape stage my latest is to do that Saturday am and then take do Llandelga in the afternoon.

Annoys me I’ve done the two other rides and might miss the third in reality it doesn’t matter but of the lockdown events I’ve done I’ve completed them all!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Thanks Robbo for organising this morning, I needed that to get the legs moving! Was easier when I did the workout afterwards.

Think I might push on the rest of the week, Saturday can be a rest day as I can’t ride anyway that day. Then sunday Ventoux…however long it is! I will aim for the top though but reckon 1.5 to 2 hours of constant climbing, it won’t be easy for a big lad like me.

robbo1234biking

Then sunday Ventoux…however long it is! I will aim for the top though but reckon 1.5 to 2 hours of constant climbing, it won’t be easy for a big lad like me.

Im the same but don’t forget that you can get of the bike and have stretch – it will be good work whatever you do!

Did you do a ramp test before starting your workout programme? Or us the FTP set from recent experiences?

oopnorth
    Free Member

My FTP was from when I had a dumb trainer, it peaked at 271, then when I got the smart trainer and got the “more accurate” results, performance dropped but I kept my FTP the same for something to aim at.
    I’m now back at that point and will just wait for the FTP to go up during normal riding, I like a challenge and if it’s slightly high for workouts then that isn’t a problem. Plus I don’t like ramp tests 🙂

oopnorth
    Free Member

@fieldy – Welcome! If you want to join any of the group rides, morning commutes, Sunday hills, TT meetup’s etc, just start following STW members on Zwift and we will send you invites.

I’ve followed you just now.

fieldy
    Free Member

Just followed you and Robbo back👍

robbo1234biking

fieldy I have invited you to the Thursday morning commute if you want to come along!

robbo1234biking

Sorry I didn’t ride this morning chaps. Rode Cannock last night and just wasn’t up in time and prepared this morning!

forge197
    Free Member

No problem Robbo, we had nice relaxed ride it was good, see you next time 🙂

oopnorth
    Free Member

He says relaxed, I was trying to keep up 😉 Was a good ride and we got over 3 laps in, it just takes a while to get used to all the sharp hills on that route, but we soon settled into negative splits.

After the commute I decided to try a workout which was a disaster, so I binned it, tomorrow’s another day… I’m not quite feeling the workouts yet and need to decide whether to continue or do something else.

See you at the next meetup which will probably be the commute on Tuesday.

robbo1234biking

@oopnorth – give TR a go. You can do a low volume plan which is only 3 workouts a week and a lot more flexible in moving them around. I also think that when I have tried the Zwift workouts they are too hard and don’t give enough rest between intervals etc. They all feel like they have been written by different people and aren’t that coherent in my opinion.

I have a free months trial (I actually have 3 free trails if anyone else wants one) and the progression is sensible and achievable.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,401 through 2,440 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.