• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • robbo1234biking

Can I get a invite for sat pleae weeksy. Robbo B STW is the username.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

So if it’s an 11.30 start on Friday is cider in the bidon socially acceptable?

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

Sorry, it’s Saturday isn’t it. Good!

eskay

This is a really nice ride to end the week on if anyone is interested, I try to do it most Fridays if I am free:

https://zwift.com/events/view/385773

robbo1234biking

Can you post up the final decision on bikes and kits so everyone can follow? Cheers

weeksy

Mtb and bumble Bee kit

stumpy01

I’ve signed up. Looking forward to it!

Just need to change bike and kit.

So how does the start work – is it like a race where you can tiddle about wherever you want in Watopia and it reminds you 3 mins before the start?

I’ve had a couple of the Tour of Watopia rides that hasn’t swapped me into the event, even though the companion app recognises I’ve signed up.

scaredypants

So how does the start work – is it like a race where you can tiddle about wherever you want in Watopia and it reminds you 3 mins before the start?

yeh, did for me last time

weeksy

OK, so i’m ready for a cull of names if needed.

If anyone isn’t going, please mark your invite to No… so i can instantly dismiss you.

Anyone needing an invite who doesn’t have one, please shout me.

Zwift will take you to the start point with 5 mins to go before the event and onto the roadside on a turbo.

Please note, if you’re late, you’ve missed it.. Nothing i can do. It doesn’t allow late joins.

zilog6128

Don’t think I got an invite this time but I can’t make it tomorrow anyway unfortunately so scrub me off if I am on the list!!

stumpy01

Still up for it, but not sure how energetic I’ll be after doing my first ever Zwift race tonight.
    Was good fun, but I wasn’t very efficient yo-yoing from the front of a pack to out of the draft off the back.

How do I change to the mtb? I tried to change my bike this evening once in the game, but I went to garage and frame & wheels were greyed out. This is something I’ve always struggled with, with Zwift. The settings are all over the place & you need to be in a certain part of the program to change certain things & a different part to change other things…

Poopscoop

,,^^ Not sure why it’s greyed out?

The Zwift mtb is the default one and I *think * you can use it on any level you are on?

What level are you mate?

The jungle circuit is off limits to lower levels (United in group/race), not sure if its why it’s greyed out?

The other guys on here that have been Zwifting much more than me will probably be able to give you a better answer.

I struggled with Zwift settings and in game stuff for a while but mostly got my head around it now.

Staying in a draft without going too hard and going off the front or falling back can be difficult as there is lag between your power being interpreted in the game. You kind of have to factor the lag in. Like most stuff, the more you do it the easier it gets. I spent a lot of time free riding and just clinging to riders that passed me. That’s really where I got better at drafting. Bit harder to practice it in an actual race.

Group rides are also great for learning drafting and in game controls stuff too.

swavis

I’ll need an invite please 😎

I also just popped onto the companion app and there’s an update for Zwift waiting so remember and log on a bit earlier.

weeksy

Stumpy, were you stopped?

Swavis, who are you mate and I’ll invite

piemonster

Yey I’m in. See you all later.

swavis

Gavin Belton, just got the invite, cheers 👍😎

Poopscoop

Looks like I can make it this morning.👍

I think I declined the meet up request as it’s gone now.

Could someone invite me please? Does @weeksy have to invite me?

Thanks for help guys/weeksy. Sorry to be a pain!

Poopscoop

@stumpy01

Have you tried clicking on the mtb despite it being greyed out mate? To see if it does actually turn the option blue to allow you to “equip” it?

weeksy

Who are ya Scoop?

djflexure

If you can still sign up for cape epic challenge I think you get a Scott Spark

I’m doing it now, not sure I can change kit – will try

stumpy01

What level are you mate?

21, I think…

I have used the MTB already, I just couldn’t get into the ‘frame’ option at all.
    Frame and Wheels were both grey…

weeksy

Stumpy, were you stopped?

Erm, nope. I was still pedalling. Maybe that was the problem!

Poopscoop

Have you tried clicking on the mtb despite it being greyed out mate?

It wasn’t the frame itself that was greyed out, but the entire section. So I could change jersey, glasses etc. but not frame or wheels.

Brekkie now and then I’ll have a fiddle.

As mentioned above, I think there is a Zwift update required. I got an email about it. Something to do with getting your double xp points on the tour of Watopia…

scaredypants

stumpy – what weeksy said is correct – you have to stop pedaling and your avatar must have stopped

I think

After that, there are always some greyed out things just to keep you chasing but otherwise you should see obvious options

weeksy

Unless you’re not moving you can’t change bike or wheels

Poopscoop

weeksy
    Subscriber
    Who are ya Scoop?

@weeksy

Doh! Sorry, I’m F.innbod [STW]

BUT….

BUT im just about to change name for the stw rides only to P.oopscoop D- [STW].👍

Cheers mate.

What’s the discord channel you guys use? I won’t be able to chat as I get downed out by the fans but I can listen fairly well.Lol

eskay

An update will be applied when you start up today so don’t leave it to the last minute to get setup!

Poopscoop

Got the invite, thanks weeksy!

Looks like a really good turn out too!👍

Who else is cat D guys?

Is the idea to go full gas in the last 15 mins? With 2w/kg (or whatever) during the blobby bit.Lol

weeksy

Not used Discord, only keyboard.

weeksy

Today I won’t be upping the pace myself, but anyone else is more than welcome to crack on in the last 15 for sure. My legs are fried so easy one here

Ogg

@weeksy my invite has vanished, can you re-invite me?

o.smith stw

Poopscoop

weeksy
    Subscriber
    Today I won’t be upping the pace myself, but anyone else is more than welcome to crack on in the last 15 for sure. My legs are fried so easy one here

Ok mate, will see how it goes. Cheers.

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’m also taking it easy, tomorrow I’m doing the Alpe to finish the tour as I missed stage 3. So I need to keep something in my legs for that.

djflexure

Update is 1.7GB on iOS!

Poopscoop

Anyone know the discord channel? Search didn’t throw it up?

oop north
    Subscriber
    I’m also taking it easy…

Wait till the red mist descends.Lol

Poopscoop

In the update they have lowered the level you need to be to ride some of the routes. It’s to help “noobs” access more rides quicker.

Good stuff from Zwift.👍

DrP

Catch you all in a bit… I’m a bit hanging..!

DrP

eskay

Getting the excuses in already DrP…..

Poopscoop

DrP
    I’m a bit hanging..!

You want to see a doctor about that.😉

scaredypants

trainer squeak fixed, ready to trundle !

Poopscoop

^^Yeah, fixed my Core squeak/creak last night.

I know all the bits on it that make noises now. Have to grease/tighten a few bits every few months. Not a big deal though.Lol

Poopscoop

Logging on in a bit..looking forward to it.

Anyone know the discord channel please?

I’ll only be listening as the fans block my voice out.Lol

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.