• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,241 through 2,280 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Invite sent Phil. See you in the morning.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Not sure if I’ll be there for 6-45am, if I’m awake and moving then I’ll be there!

phil56

Thanks- I’ll try to be there – makes sense to get a session in before the heat builds up!

oopnorth
    Free Member

I did the mountain, forward and reverse route this morning…I was dripping. Really feel it when its warmer, the fan seems to do nothing.

robbo1234biking

I’m on a recovery week this week before a ramp test on Sunday. Got a 45 min ride planned tomoz but will be 170w max!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Didn’t get my act together and missed the start…

Looks like I’m riding solo. Hope it was a good one chaps.

phil56

Glad I managed to join in time – but that’s a horrible route!!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry we missed you Craig, it was though, as Phil rightly points out, a horrible route. On the upside being set to only half an hour meant a very good excuse to bail at the bottom of the (2nd time on) silly magic road climb and I think there were only three of us in New York

robbo1234biking

Is anyone doing a commute in the morning?

piemonster

Not if it’s a repeat of this morning 😂

That was a kicking and found myself doing 275-325 watts on the descents just to catch up!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Back from your run already?

I think so robbo. Hoping not to have to be in the office tomorrow.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Haha sounds like it was good that I missed it, I’m not a fan of new York anyway.
    Ended up doing forward and reverse of the yorkshire route which seems to be hill, hill, hill….it was hot in the pain cave today.

I might take a day off tomorrow but may be tempted in a short commute if it’s a decent course.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

the yorkshire route which seems to be hill, hill, hill….

What we lack in altitude we make up for by not having a single flat stretch of tarmac outside of North Lincolnshire sorry scumberside sorry East Yorkshire

phil56

I’d be up for a commute ride in the morning

oopnorth
    Free Member

Brian I lived half of my life in Calderdale so I know exactly what Yorkshire hills are all about!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ll put one up for something flat tomorrow then!

robbo1234biking

I’ll put one up for something flat tomorrow then!

Epic KOM or the Alpe?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

so I know exactly what Yorkshire hills are all about!

So what on earth made you think a forward reverse in Harrogate was going to be anything but up down, up down up down for ages.

I wish I had your optimism first thing in the morning 😂

oopnorth
    Free Member

What do they say about us Yorkshire folk? “Thick in’t head” so I just thought the legs would remember and tough it out 🙂

Still having the thought that the more hills I do the easier it will get…it’s still not working!!

piemonster

Back from your run already?

It would be fair to describe it as a leisurely affair. Not sure how much of it was spent standing in the sea, but that did seem to be the best part today,

oopnorth
    Free Member

The sea by you Shaun looks to be clearer than the one by me, where is it?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

The sea by you

The sea is not a bayou and the bayous are rarely that clear so I’m fairly sure it’s just the sea you can see in that photo.

robbo1234biking

I have put in an early one for the morning before it starts heating up but can modify if required.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m in

oopnorth
    Free Member

I’ll be a last minute addition if I can make it. I’ll accept and hopefully see you there.

Glad it’s a flat one, hopefully not too fast…

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry I didn’t make it this morning. I turned my alarm off and passed straight back out

robbo1234biking

I was tempted to do that but I made it. nice gentle one this morning. Was already really hot!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I was tempted to do that

I’m not even sure I had chance to be tempted this morning 😂

piemonster

Too warm for me this morning, that and tired shoulders after getting the Packraft out for some coastal bimbling last night meant I also ignored the alarm.

I can’t remember the last time I slept in as late as 7am!

@oop north I’m in Fife, pretty much opposite Edinburgh.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Think I’m having a lie in myself in the morning, it’s been a while. Give the legs a rest so I’m good for the weekend.

Any plans for a Sunday hills ride this week?

piemonster

I’m off work so out for a few days beyond trying to make my parts bin special operable.

Besides, it’s too darn hot!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Any plans for a Sunday hills ride this week?

Nothing planned – we’ve agreed to meet the in laws somewhere but so far nothing more concrete than the weekend had been forthcoming so I’m hostage to that at the moment.

A lie sounds good though all going to plan 7am should be a lunch ride for me tomorrow as I’ve a few hours of stuff to do that I can’t really do whilst people are in the office so planning an early start. I’ll probably wake up so late I only just make the 7 o’clock ride and have to do that data crap of the weekend instead 😂

oopnorth
    Free Member

Ok no worries. Enjoy the weekend chaps, if you find yourself at a loose end on sunday morning give me a shout, otherwise I’ll do a solo ride.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ll certainly join you if I’m not getting dragged out somewhere.

Hopefully a bit cooler by then too. Commute this morning has become a run as even that sounds preferable to being in the office on the turbo!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Just put an invite out for anyone interested in a Sunday hills this weekend. The PRL Half, a bit repetitive, 4 times around the London loop, up box hill, so nothing too steep and a finish on the Mall for the sprinters. Approx 2hrs I reckon.
    Just one I need to tick off.

If anyone needs an invite then let me know and follow me Craigpin Oop North

piemonster

Also one I want to tick off.

Ive got the Zwift bike built with a 38 up front and 11-42 (might be 11-40 not checked) on the back. So if that works I hope to be there.

Found a crankset that’s a 104BCD so might end up with a 2x with a small spend.

robbo1234biking

I have accepted but not sure if I will make all 4 laps. Wife has an online class at 10 so prob need to be done by then so depends what pace I can keep up!

stumpy01

Thanks for the invite but I’ve declined Sunday’s ride.

I can’t see me sitting on the turbo in this heat at the mo…!

swavis

Cheers for the invite, although my turbo is still buried under boxes of campervan conversion stuff just now. I might dig it out by Sunday though.

weeksy

Whilst a turbo ride is deffo on my list, it’s not that one i’m afraid.

Viewing 40 posts - 2,241 through 2,280 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.