• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 2,201 through 2,240 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • robbo1234biking

I have increased it to 20k which covers two laps. Still can’t work out special start time but Innsbruck isn’t a guest world on Wednesday so should be quiet.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Great! That works for me.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Still can’t work out special start time

I just turn(ed) the wheel thing on the android companion, though generally I just duplicate now.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

In going to pull out of my own ride this morning sorry folks as I really don’t feel up to it.

piemonster

Well, I feel left out. Everyone got a jersey but me….

That last sprint was close, what did you end up on?

oopnorth
    Free Member

I didn’t even go for that last sprint, I’d killed my legs in the first one!

Thanks for that it was a good spin. Central park was empty!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Glad you had a good ride out folks. Sorry I missed it.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Every morning I consider missing a day, I’ll need a day off at some point as I’ve ridden every day for a while now.

Think I might get the 14 day badge then a rest day.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ll need a day off at some point as I’ve ridden every day for a while now.

Amen to that. I’m crashing somewhat this week, had a bad reaction to the (lots) of midge bites I got on Sunday which I’m putting down to being over tired alongside the sheer number.

I thought I’d been quite good at taking rest days but looking at my numbers this morning it seems I’ve done something every day for the last two months, just twigged even the quick nip to the shop in my half hour lunch is a touch under ten miles round trip plus shopping time in half an hour so not exactly a gentle pace.

Seems between actual cycling, zwift and running I’ve done over 1600km last month and a touch over 1000km so far this month. 800km would normally be a good month for me.

oopnorth
    Free Member

That’s alot of riding mate. I know most days I jump on the bike with tired legs but once I’m moving they seem to be okay for a while.

Just listen to the body, a rest is a good thing.

swavis

I had 3 days off the bike completely and feel much better for it. Went out for a gentle road ride last night and really enjoyed it. I think I need at least a couple of rest days every week.
    I’m in the process of coveting our van to a camper now we’ve finally got the pop top fitted so that’s going to eat into weekend riding time anyway. I’ll still try and make the odd meet up but real life seems to be getting busier atm.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yeah the legs generally recover once I get moving, I thought something was a bit off yesterday that at the end of the ride my usual pace felt like a stretch.

This morning the legs didn’t even get chance to play, my head was firmly saying no.

I’ll see how the pedal to the office goes tomorrow, its race night Thursday then I think I’ll take a week off, I’ve a summer house to build anyway as of yesterday so that should keep me busy and away from the bike!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’ve passed on the ride this evening weeksy but thanks for the invite.

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

I thought I’d been quite good at taking rest days but looking at my numbers this morning it seems I’ve done something every day for the last two months

If you’re tracking your riding through Strava worth checking out https://intervals.icu/ as a good way of gauging if you’re doing more than you should via the tracking of TSS/Training Stress Score and Fatigue.

Obviously listening to the body works as well!

weeksy

No worries danger, i’m struggling myself today.

Yesterday was this.. which has drained me completely lol

kelvinshuffle
    Free Member

Bloody ebikes, hope you had strava turned off!

weeksy

The speed i ride nowdays i need a sundial not a lap timer.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yesterday was this.. which has drained me completely lol

My boss races 250cc. I’m always amazed he can walk the day after when I see the videos. I get arm pump just holding the phone, I dread to think how much work it must be for the legs.

Bloody ebikes

There were almost as many santa cruz hEckler things at Hamsterley as midges on Sunday. It’s amazing how slow they actually go.

neilarn2

Thanks for the invite Weeksy , I’m going to drop out as my new smart  trainer as turned up so going to have a play with that and as previous attempts at the sprints hasn’t gone well

cheers

peesbee

Thanks for invite Weeksy. Can’t make this one, but will be back for next ride.

Garry_Lager

Good ride lads, enjoyed that, some sharp digs on the sprints. Respect to those throwing down every lap, I needed to be a bit more choosy 🙂
    Powerup and going into the start just right needed for best times I reckon.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Well i signed up turned up and you all rode off and left me…..

Something went wrong somewhere at my end. Soon as I left the meet up my guy took off down the road.

Thought id killed another kickr.

Probably a good thing. My legs feel like lead after Sundays ride and about 15k walking today

weeksy

You were sitting at 0.6w/kg mate and showing no signs of changing it, so not a lot we could do really. Sorry buddy.

I didn’t have much in the legs at all, but I knew that before setting off, Mrs Weeksy was shocked I went riding but I’ve skipped a few rides lately and didn’t want to bail, so jumped on and had a try.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Right I think it’s time for a day or two off the zwift for me after this mornings performance. Legs dont have anything, tired and heavy.

Hopefully a rest will bring them back for the weekend.

robbo1234biking

Cheers all for last night and oop north For this morning. Rest day tomoz and then a real world ride on Friday!

piemonster

Apologies for the late drop out this morning.

I was overwhelmed by the need to be outside, alone, and in running shoes.

oopnorth
    Free Member

No worries Shaun, it was only a chilled pace anyway. We are all in recovery mode this week 😉

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

and in running shoes

Oh, that way madness lies

I totally forgot about the ride yesterday. Did a little one in the morning while on a webinar, deliberately gentle so I saved legs for the meet up. And then lost track of the morning. Which annoyed me because I was looking forward to riding with you guys again.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Any plans for a “Sunday hills” this weekend, or is everyone doing their own thing?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Happy to put a ride up as I can just duplicate last weeks but it looks like it’s going to be a working day for me this week so I can’t make it sorry.

oopnorth
    Free Member

No worries Brian. Let’s see what the interest is first, I’m happy to do my own thing if needed as we have some finalising of the kitchen this wkend so I may have to ride around that.

I wont be able to ride for too long.

mrhoppy

Father’s Day so I can’t commit to Sunday morning and my legs will be hanging off from a Saturday epic ride outdoors!!!!!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Oh yeah, I forgot about it being Fathers day, might be best to not commit this week then.

forge197
    Free Member

I am out till July, not a flounce 🙂 am doing an event on my other app that is proving a bit harder than I thought it be, so won’t be adding in Zwift and that, plus need to get a couple runs in and a few other bits this month and there are not many days to do it all LOL

Look forward to joining a ride in a coupe of weeks.

robbo1234biking

I did 6000ft in the peaks yesterday so will give tomoz a miss. Was great to actually get o. The trails again but very wet!

forge197
    Free Member

That’s a decent ride Robbo, sounds like a rest day is in order, only ridden once over the peaks should really make the effort and sound out some routes.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Well done Robbo, that’s some height gain.

See you on the commute rides during the week.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Anyone for an early commute club tomorrow? Half hour 6.45-7.15?

I’m in the office but need to drive as I’ve kit to shift.

phil56

Yes @dangeourbrain – please send me an invite

Viewing 40 posts - 2,201 through 2,240 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.