• This topic has 4,998 replies, 121 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by DrP.
Viewing 40 posts - 4,201 through 4,240 (of 4,999 total)
  • Zwift meetups and social rides ?
  • DrP

I think it seems to average out the pace…

Let’s have a think if this is something people would want to do…

At least in ‘normal routes’ we ride.. split.. regroup.. ride etc…

Ven top seems to be just up up uuuuuup!

DrP

piemonster

Yeh, I think the group would inevitably splinter on that route. Still be in chat but it’s quite hard to ride at someone else’s pace, not just when their pace is faster as well. I pretty much have a ‘sustainable’ pace for climbs and find it difficult to drop below that, and going beyond it is even worse.

funkybaj
    Free Member

I’m riding TdZ at 10:02 this morning up the Alpe.

Depending how I feel I may attempt the sub 1hr climb, using the large group and some pacing to drag me up. I think I’ll pretty much have to hit FTP all the way mind.

DrP

Well that was actually quite fun… was riding with GPlama too!

No one wanted to join in my banter though 😪

1.09 for the la reine route..

DrP

dknwhy

@DrP name dropper 😉

That’s a good time. Don’t think I’ll be anywhere near that on my effort today!

oopnorth
    Free Member

I did the mountain at 9am but put my write up on the other thread…
    Was fun but hard. Good luck to those doing the really big hills today!

Plan to see you on the sunday hills tomorrow, not sure for how long but I’ll be there.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well I’ve foolishly decided to do la reine tomorrow at some point after Sunday hills. Going to pick up a bologna TT at 12 today – at my own weight 😂, then there’s a future works steering race at 15.00 so will try that too. Might even have a bash at repack today at some point too.

Turns out there’s not much to do in lockdown when the weather is a bit cold!

giggsmaster
    Free Member

@dangeourbrain I’m in on that Bologna ride, I go off at 1205. So, we can defo switch to MTB on this one?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

I’m not sure is the honest answer @giggsmaster. I’ll find out when I get there, if I’ve at least got my own stats right though I’m off to a better start than Tuesday.

giggsmaster
    Free Member

Good Luck!

savoyad

I don’t think that 12pm ride is even a TT @dangeourbrain @giggsmaster. I think it’s a road race on the “Bologna Time Trial” course.
    EDIT – no, scrap that, zwifthacks says it is a (mass start?) no draft TT. As you were. In fact it’s a proper TT. The usual participants in that series are gonna grumble. Good for you though, esp if MTB allowed.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

The usual participants in that series are gonna grumble.

Somebody always does 😉

funkybaj
    Free Member

58:57 up the Alpe! Chuffed as bits with that. Only the second time I’ve been up, took 10 minutes off the previous.

Found @slowpuncheur near the top which spurred me on for the last push!

Off for a lie down!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Great time @funkybaj. Well done for getting under the hour…its still one I have to break.

kirky72
    Free Member

Awesome Funkybaj, I keep meaning to have a proper tilt at the alpe rather than ride it as part of a longer loop. Hopefully I can also break the hour, I’ve often made the mistake thinking that section 1 when you are counting them down means you are in the last section, however there’s another long drag up the hill then the right handed and up hill towards the line. I paced myself thinking I was well under always to finish a few minutes over the hour.

I’m trying to make to make the Sunday hills tomorrow, I think it’s my 13th consecutive ride so hoping it’s not unlucky.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

The flying @funkybaj! I saw you briefly. Made a bit of a dig to catch you but nowhere near. 61.42 from me this morning. Rubbish. Late breakfast, no warm up. 7 times now and no wheels. Worst still, I was contemplating a ride outside tomorrow. Winter bike is in shed and last night my wife broke the key off in the lock. We’ve had words 😆😬

Straightliner

@DrP – that’s a great time for the La Reine route, well done!

IvanDobski
    Free Member

I just did the 50km “Oh My Crit” race, 7 laps of the new hilly route.

I’m in that C/D no-mans land where I can race cat D but probably shouldn’t – I think I managed a top 5 including getting off to answer the door for the Amazon guy which suggests I’m really a C.

Really enjoyed it though, the longer format gives you a bit more room for tactics etc.

IvanDobski
    Free Member

Update – got dq’d so that’s that decided, I’m officially a C again.

reluctantjumper

Was going to join in with he Sunday morning ride this week but I’ve just beasted myself up the La Reine climb so doubt I’ll have any legs for a long ride. Was going to go up it slowly but, you know, got caught up in the group and went for it.

Legs are very tingly!

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

I’ve managed to repatriate the winter bike from the shed so I’m off out IRL tomorrow morning. A few little hills around North Lancs/South Cumbria beckon. Enjoy that there London.

phil56

I did La Raine this evening as well – found it really hard work and definitely feeling it now.

Hopefully I’ll recover a bit for the morning, but will be a limited effort from me I think

oopnorth
    Free Member

Red wine got the better of me again…I may be there in the morning…then again I may not 🙈😜

retrorick

Had a beer and a gin + my trainer is in the hands of a warranty repair so I’ll be asleep. Enjoy the ride.

stumpy01

Not gonna make Sunday hills. Wife was up half the night with our daughter so she’s catching up on sleep.
    Have a good one.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Sorry I didn’t make this morning folks, I managed the alarm but my legs said no.

DrP

Was at great ride… Time flew by…

Cheers for those that joined… you know what’s waiting for you….
    🌭
    DrP

piemonster

Yeh good ride out(in) that

Felt awful for the entire time but can now justify doing lazing around for the rest of the day

swavis

Yep cheers for waiting at the end, I was absolutely cooked. Great workout!
    A bit of a bummer with the drop out at 13.5k, still, at least I made it back for the hills 🤣

I think I missed about 3.5k in the end.

kirky72
    Free Member

Thanks for the ride chaps, kind of enjoyed it but totally worn out now and thankful of a rest day tomorrow. I was expecting Leigh hill followed by box hill, I think Leigh hill is by far the hardest in London so was relieved with Fox hill which seemed pretty short.

Ticked the badge off, powered me into level 39 and picked up some vintage shoes for the trouble. The level up bonuses are pretty mean arent they.

Nick

After yesterday’s grind up AdZ I looked out the window and decided to go for a ride outside, nice 52km local mixed terrain loop in pretty much perfect conditions for the time of year!

oopnorth
    Free Member

Woke up late then straight into breakfast and then DIY. Sorry I missed it, hope it was a good one.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Well having been told no by my legs this morning I jumped on the tdz @ 3pm as they felt a bit more normal.

Started off ok, brief stop at the petit kom to open a door as I was over heating, went alright from there but was slowly losing any real enthusiasm or energy up until about 3km to go. At that point I really started to struggle and at about 1.8k I pulled up and had to go wandering off on very wobbly legs to find some food. Pulled a flapjack thing from my ride bag, inhaled that and dragged my self to the finish before eating my body weight in sausage roll.

Ended up raiding the cupboard for a can of pop about half an hour later as I was actually going a bit faint and headachey.

Probably for the best I didn’t try first thing this morning before breakfast. I think I may have over done it this week.

oopnorth
    Free Member

That sounds like a time to rest Brian…maybe have a day out before the Tuesday race to get some energy back

forge197
    Free Member

@dangeourbrain sounds like you need a couple rest days, all part of a good exercise regime. If there is a ride next Sunday I hope to join that this coming week, depends how the week pans out but at the moment all good.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Yeah, I’m planning on taking the day off tomorrow at least!

swavis

Oof, that definitely sounds like you need a couple of days off.
    Although I often raid the cupboards when I get back from a ride in the evening, it doesn’t seem to be as bad after a morning or afternoon ride.

DrP

Hey ho….
    If anyone is interested, I’m doing the YDZ ride 4…A group..on Thursday at 8am..
    2 laps of “sand and sequoias”…

also… I’ll have a think about Sunday Hills as I’m gonna go for a ride IRL on Sunday… plus I’ve got the GF over…
    But… I’ll have a think about MAYBE a short one on Sunday am..dunno!

DrP

forge197
    Free Member

I am doing a virtual climb on Saturday now hopefully about 6000ft over a couple hours, so Sunday I will not plan anything and do something ad hoc, if I feel like it or a short run.

oopnorth
    Free Member

Not sure of the weekend rides yet, will need to tick off the TdZ stage 5 at some point, plus I wouldn’t mind trying a crit race if possible before next Tuesday as practice, to see what they are all about.

If I can join a Sunday hills I will.

Viewing 40 posts - 4,201 through 4,240 (of 4,999 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.